Artificial Sun in Croke Park!!

Started by Shamrock Shore, December 29, 2006, 08:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGuyver

Don't think he was suggesting it was the best in the world it was just his opinion of throwing a name into the hat..Your not a Liverpool fan thats for sure,but no need to call a persons opinion horseshite then not give your own views on which is the best and from what i can see laoislad has givin 4 or 5 stadiums for consideration and Anfield was only one of those and it obvious it means a lot to him as a Liverpool fan
You need to calm down and relax this poll is not going to save the world it's only a bit of craic

ziggysego

Quote from: laoislad on January 02, 2007, 12:24:06 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 02, 2007, 11:55:01 AM
Quotejust my opinion and just a little biased i know but for pure atmosphere and history it has to be Anfield for me

Aye, so good they can't wait to leave it themselves. Stop making a fool of yourself.
jesus you are a cranky little child today aren't ya little seanie

Probably back at work today
Testing Accessibility

laoislad

Im just back today to ziggy.

thewobbler

For the first time in over three years, I'm going to come down on Seanie's side here. Laoislad's sole contribution since joining the GAABoard is to post endless 'we' comments on the Liverpool supporters thread, each of them with that gaudy monstrosity of a banner appended to the end. This is one of his few soirees into the GAA discussion area, yet he still managed to talk up his beloved Liverpool on a Croke Park thread.

I've no problem with soccer now, not even close. But I do wonder why this fella subscribes to a GAA message board.

laoislad

In fairness you have a point the wobbler...But as this a quite time for gaa i don't have much too say at this time come feb i will..Plus i have done more than just post on liverpool supporters thread and as for talking up Liverpool on this thread well the question asked was about stadiums with which you think are good and i gave my opinion which included Anfield but also others..Now you relax too thewobbler and don't be taking life so seriously

Dinny Breen

Quotewith that gaudy monstrosity of a banner appended to the end

In fairness Laoisfan it does you no favours, stick in a banner of Tom Kelly or something, even Wolly would be preferable....
#newbridgeornowhere

laoislad

Fair enough lads i'll take it off didn't realise it cause such distress and heartache among a few sensitive few..
But i don't think Wolly would be a good option ;D

McGuyver

Right i admit im glad the banner is gone,But i think thewobbler is way out of order he used magpies seanies comments to get at laoislad without actually saying anything regarding the thread
He said he agreed with seanie but didn't give a reason why,he just procedeed to slag laoislad,and it had nothing to do with his choice of stadia so tell me why did you agree with seanie thewobbler on what point?
Also i read a lot more posts than i actually post myself and from reading the liverpool thread laoisald is not the only one to call Liverpool "we" and with 500 odd posts i don't think it's he's sole contribution to this board
Don't read the liverpool thread if you have such a problem with it thewobbler

McGuyver

oh yeah and please don't put wolly on it please :D :D

ziggysego

Quote from: laoislad on January 02, 2007, 01:31:46 PM
Im just back today to ziggy.

Meant seanie ;)

I'm back too. The January blues are kicking in :(
Testing Accessibility

laoislad

Right lets clear this up once and for all..Never once did i say Anfield was the best stadium in the world if everyone goes back to page 3 of this thread you'll see exactly what i said in my orginal post on Anfield and it is the same as what 5times has just said it pure atmosphere, and for me Anfield is the best in the world for it...right!

ziggysego

I understood you Laoislad and I'm sure the rest did too. Don't rise to them, they are just stirring it up.
Testing Accessibility

lynchbhoy

Quote from: laoislad on January 02, 2007, 02:51:08 PM
Right lets clear this up once and for all..Never once did i say Anfield was the best stadium in the world if everyone goes back to page 3 of this thread you'll see exactly what i said in my orginal post on Anfield and it is the same as what 5times has just said it pure atmosphere, and for me Anfield is the best in the world for it...right!

let me get this straight,
you are saying that old trafford is better then ?  :o

;)

laoislad

ha ha.............................................NO :P

neilthemac

if you are talking about Atmosphere alone, then anfield might be near the top - but we are not

Design (facilities, sight lines etc)
Atmosphere (does it generate it)
Impact (wow factor)

Croker is up there on all three counts

We were talking about stadiums in Europe. If we're talking about stadiums in the world then ONE stadium stands out above any other

Rungnado May Day Stadium -    Pyöngyang, North Korea

a capacity of 150,000. Need I say anymore?