Artificial Sun in Croke Park!!

Started by Shamrock Shore, December 29, 2006, 08:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Christ, I only said that it was one of the best stadiums in the world, the colour of the seats (which are the same plastic seats that they use in every stadium-no matter what the colour!) doesn't matter a fu*k, could youse eejits please argue the point, is it it in the top ten or not, I think so...!
Tbc....

neilthemac

lets complie a top ten?

What are the conditions?
Good Design
Great Atmosphere
Impact

1 - San Siro

2 - Olympic Stadium, Rome

3 - Westfalenstadion, Dortmund

laoislad

just my opinion and just a little biased i know but for pure atmosphere and history it has to be Anfield for me

laoislad

even though i remember a hurling munster final in 99 where cork played tipp in thurles and that atmosphere was one of the best i have ever experienced so i put Semple Stadium Thulers in there too just for atmposhere as the place is a kipp or was then anyways

neilthemac

neither of those two would get near a top 50 of stadiums in Europe...

4 - Nou Camp

5 - Stade de France

6 - Bernabeu

7 - Old Trafford

tayto

I was in anfield once, we were over on a stag, the place is small enough, looks much much bigger on TV, not a patch on Croke Park. Crowd booed liverpool off the pitch after the most boring 90 minutes sport i've ever witnessed live. yerman houllier was still in charge at the time.

AZOffaly

I've been at the San Siro, and while it is very well laid out in terms of views from every seat, the stadium itself is nothing to write home about.

The Millenium Stadium is a dinger.

aontroim

Despite being a nice stadium, the nou camp falls way short on atmosphere and shouldnt make it near the top 20.

laoislad

Nou Camp not bad atmosphere but a very old stadium that needs a complete overhaul definatly not in top 20
Old Trafford I've been there a few times and honestly you would get more atmposhere at a Kilkenny versus London Gaelic Football match
Stade De France nice stadium but really what does it have that any other doesn't? It just is what it is nothing new or exciting..Your just picking the obvious ones neilthemac and you did say atmosphere was a condition so i still think Semple Stadium on Munster Hurling Final day would be heard to beat anywhere in the world,so what if it hasn't the size of the Nou Camp it has things Old Trafford and The Nou Camp don't have and vice versa..I like the design of this one by the way at least it's orginal unlike The Stade De France

magpie seanie

Quotejust my opinion and just a little biased i know but for pure atmosphere and history it has to be Anfield for me

Aye, so good they can't wait to leave it themselves. Stop making a fool of yourself.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 02, 2007, 11:55:01 AM
Quotejust my opinion and just a little biased i know but for pure atmosphere and history it has to be Anfield for me

Aye, so good they can't wait to leave it themselves. Stop making a fool of yourself.

I thought it was financial considerations that were forcing the move out of Anfield - nothing to do with lack of atmosphere or history? Am I wrong?

laoislad

Making Fool of myself?? What planet are you on i was just giving my opinion hardly at the level of making a fool of myself jesus you are a cranky little child today aren't ya little seanie
And by the way, Rufus is spot on it's financial and the size of the stadium thats making them move..And believe me if you had been at the Champions League semi final when they beat Chelsea, seanie you would have experienced quite an atmosphere and are you disagreeing with me that it has no history??

McGuyver

In what way is he making a fool of himself magpie seanie?I have read all the posts and its a valid suggestion.I have been to Anfield and im not a supporter of them,And i thought the atmosphere and the stadium even though its quite small but this adds to the overall atmposhere of the place,to be a great stadium.And you can feel the history of the place when in the musem and even walking around the place..

For me the best stadium is the MCG in Melbourne.I was at a Aussie Rules game there and it was amazing,but as this is the best European stadium i would go for Cardiff Arms Park,Celtic Park and Croke Park but thats only my opinion and i hope im not called a FOOL for expressing such opinions

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Have to agree with McGuyver on this one, Croker pips Celtic park slightly, but only because Celtic Park has lost some of the atmosphere since it's been done up.
Nou camp is falling to pieces and Old Trafford looks like it was thrown together by a 3 year old who got a lego set for Christmas!!!  ;)
Tbc....

magpie seanie

I'm sorry folks and people are entitled to their opinions but to me suggesting that Anfield is the best stadium in the world is total horseshit.