Dual players

Started by THEREALGRASSROOTS, March 11, 2008, 02:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barelegs

Quote from: blanketattack on October 13, 2014, 10:48:22 PM
Quote from: barelegs on October 12, 2014, 09:41:30 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on October 12, 2014, 09:32:27 PM
Cratloe today achieved a rare Clare Football and Hurling Senior Championship double. I wonder how many Players are involved in both  panels? How will they deal with the Munster Championship fixture wise?

I think I read last week that it's the first time that the same club has won hurling and football titles in Clare from 1914. The figure quoted was 13 players involved in both panels which is a remarkable achievement for any club. With Dr Crokes out they could give Munster a right rattle. They weren't a million miles away in the football last year.

Crokes not out yet. Probably favourites to be Kerry representatives in Munster.

The Kerry championship- as straight forward as usual. Just when I think I've figured it out, it turns out I haven't!!

Corner Forward

Quote from: blanketattack on October 13, 2014, 10:48:22 PM
Quote from: barelegs on October 12, 2014, 09:41:30 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on October 12, 2014, 09:32:27 PM
Cratloe today achieved a rare Clare Football and Hurling Senior Championship double. I wonder how many Players are involved in both  panels? How will they deal with the Munster Championship fixture wise?

I think I read last week that it's the first time that the same club has won hurling and football titles in Clare from 1914. The figure quoted was 13 players involved in both panels which is a remarkable achievement for any club. With Dr Crokes out they could give Munster a right rattle. They weren't a million miles away in the football last year.

Crokes not out yet. Probably favourites to be Kerry representatives in Munster.

Correct me if i'm wrong but is it not Mid Kerry v Austin stacks final meaning if mid kerry win Austin would go through to Munster as the last standing club team in the kerry Championship. May be wrong but thought thats how it worked.

brokencrossbar1

My ynderstanding is that if a divisional team wins the Kerry championship then the winners of their separate club championship goes into the provincial and that would be the winners of Crokes and Legion.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 14, 2014, 10:01:43 AM
My ynderstanding is that if a divisional team wins the Kerry championship then the winners of their separate club championship goes into the provincial and that would be the winners of Crokes and Legion.

This is correct.  Dr. Crokes play Killarney Legion on Sunday next, Oct 19 in Killarney in the Senior Club Championship final.  The winner of this game will represent Kerry in the Munster Club Championship if Mid-Kerry beat Austin Stacks in County Championship Final a week later.

AZOffaly

Yep. It's actually fairly simple.

The winners of the Kerry County Championship represent Kerry in the Munster Club UNLESS they are a divisional/combination side. In this case, the winners of the Kerry Senior Club Championship represent Kerry in the Munster Club.

screenexile

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 14, 2014, 10:57:48 AM

The winners of the Kerry County Championship represent Kerry in the Munster Club UNLESS they are a divisional/combination side. In this case, the winners of the Kerry Senior Club Championship represent Kerry in the Munster Club.

That's a bit mad Ted!!

Ball Hopper

Quote from: screenexile on October 14, 2014, 02:42:34 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 14, 2014, 10:57:48 AM

That's a bit mad Ted!!

Or you could say that the winners of the Kerry Senior Club Championship represent Kerry in the Munster Club UNLESS a different club wins the Kerry County Championship, that County Championship winning club then would represent Kerry.

AZOffaly

You could indeed. But I think my way is simpler :)

Screen, it's not really mad in fairness. They have the County Championship including divisional sides to help the Kerry county set up by making it a tougher competition to win. It brings on their club players by exposing them to playing against divisional sides, and brings on players in Junior and Intermediate clubs by allowing them to combine and play at a higher level. The number of players this system has produced for Kerry is huge, think of Galvin, Young, O'Sullivan and many others of even recent times.

In the early days, their divisional sides were allowed enter the Club championship, East Kerry won a few Munster Clubs back in the late 60s and 70s. When the divisional sides were barred, they had to come up with some other mechanism of guaranteeing a representative. They've had things like 'The Club that lasts longest in the County championship', but they've settled on this format now. The Default position is that the county champion represents Kerry, but if that team is ineligible, then the Club Champion goes forward.

Milltown Row2

We've 9+ players that will have played (by this Sunday) in both senior county finals, first double final since the seventies in Antrim, lost hurling final (our first in club history :-( ) but play our big rivals, Cargin this Sat night
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 15, 2014, 08:52:16 PM
We've 9+ players that will have played (by this Sunday) in both senior county finals, first double final since the seventies in Antrim, lost hurling final (our first in club history :-( ) but play our big rivals, Cargin this Sat night

what match are you for ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

dec

So in Kerry is the Dr Croke's team that are playing in the Club final basically the same team that got knocked out of the County Championship at some point.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: dec on October 15, 2014, 09:29:56 PM
So in Kerry is the Dr Croke's team that are playing in the Club final basically the same team that got knocked out of the County Championship at some point.

Exact same team. Playing the exact same Killarney Legion team that knocked Dr. Crokes out of the County Championship.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 15, 2014, 08:57:19 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 15, 2014, 08:52:16 PM

what match are you for ?

Ahoghil on Sunday!! my bad
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: Ball Hopper on October 16, 2014, 06:55:31 AM

Exact same team. Playing the exact same Killarney Legion team that knocked Dr. Crokes out of the County Championship.

Is the gooch back at all? What area of Kerry are Dr Crokes from? Always thought they were Killarney.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 16, 2014, 08:50:38 AM
Quote from: Ball Hopper on October 16, 2014, 06:55:31 AM

Is the gooch back at all? What area of Kerry are Dr Crokes from? Always thought they were Killarney.

Both teams from Killarney
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...