Eric Millar

Started by umgolaarmagh, December 06, 2006, 09:02:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

umgolaarmagh

Have just heard on the radio that Eric Millar former Ireland and Lions Rugby star lined out for the Dubs in a challenge against Louth at full forward.

Id say a few fullbacks would have worried faces if he came running into the full forward position at the start of a game

trueblue

saw a clip of him training with his club during the summer on that park live show.he looked very awkward of himself,though i suppose thats understandable since hes played rugby for years.be interesting to see how he would fare with some top class inter county training

tayto

aparently he kicked three points from play, albeit against a very experimental lotuh side. You'd have to wonder about his mobility.

liihb

Apparently he was blocked down quite a few times too, well according to Dubs Forum!
I heard that Dublin played against the wind for both halves, must have been a pretty dire Louth team...you'd wonder what the point of these games are at this time of year.
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

cavan4ever

The play these games to give lads a rest from training. With some counties at it 5 nights a week they'd need a game now and again to keep them interested.

tayto

yea, saw that as well, i wouldnt go reading too much into it but a challenge match can be a tool for coaching-motivating players instead of a nights training.

liihb

Makes some sense to give lads a break alright, but did you see the list of lads out? All those fellas couldn't be training with Dublin at the moment? replace couldn't with shouldn't as you see fit.
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

easytiger

The brother was at the game - reckons Conal Keaney shouldn't be worried yet - well able to catch, but very immobile and was blocked repeatedly.

Gnevin

Graham Cullen - Skerries Harps  he's Bryan Cullen's brother right?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Declan

Graham is Bryans brother alright - didn't he play FF on the minor team that won Leinster a few years ago??

screenexile

Played with Eric a few times last year for the Boden. It was unfortunate that he came in so late last year because he really didn't have the skills mastered when it came to championship and it cost us in the end when he missed an open goal. I wouldn't blame him for that though.

He is a big lad... not the most mobile and the last time I saw himi his skill level had dropped and he takes a long time to wind up a kick (He gives it some wellie though). All in all I can't see him playing for Dublin as it would require a lot of one on one training and even then would he really be better than what they have already? My own feeling is that Dublin struggle in defence and their attack is one of the most dangerous in Ireland when they get the ball. Give Eric a full season though and he could cause a stir in the CLub Championship.

Gnevin

Quote from: screenexile on December 06, 2006, 06:39:52 PM
Played with Eric a few times last year for the Boden. It was unfortunate that he came in so late last year because he really didn't have the skills mastered when it came to championship and it cost us in the end when he missed an open goal. I wouldn't blame him for that though.

He is a big lad... not the most mobile and the last time I saw himi his skill level had dropped and he takes a long time to wind up a kick (He gives it some wellie though). All in all I can't see him playing for Dublin as it would require a lot of one on one training and even then would he really be better than what they have already? My own feeling is that Dublin struggle in defence and their attack is one of the most dangerous in Ireland when they get the ball. Give Eric a full season though and he could cause a stir in the CLub Championship.

Dublin  didnt concede a goal up to the mayo game and had or have the best defensive record in the last championship , i dont know where this myth comes from

turk

What's the crack with Paddy Christie - is he still injured or will he be back at all?