Who is the most bitter after Dubs do 5 in a row

Started by dublin7, September 15, 2019, 06:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ball Hopper

Do the Dubs pay rent to HQ when they use it for league games?

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 20, 2019, 10:49:32 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on September 20, 2019, 10:18:46 PM
Quote from: under the bar on September 20, 2019, 09:41:03 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on September 20, 2019, 08:46:39 AM
Quote from: seafoid on September 19, 2019, 08:44:50 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 19, 2019, 05:57:57 PM
What do you call normal?
We'll have a biteen of local excitement in Connacht and th'Ulsters will have their annual love in. Only 3 teams won Ulster in this decade?
Munster will see if Kerry reach 100 before Cork reach 50.
Leinster will be about who gets to lose to Dublin in the Final .
The AI (tier 1 if it hapoens) will be about who Dublin with its huge numbers, resources, finances, home venue etc. beat in the Final.
If Tier 2 happens might generate a bit of excitement for the bottom 16 and the Leagues will at least give every County a chance of a more season Cupeen.
Normal would be :
- the Dubs losing a Leinster final
- Someone else winning the all Ireland or maybe 2 different teams winning the next 3 Sams
- Dubs getting no All Stars

as opposed to the current Dub Japanese knotweed model

Your problem is Dublin winning anything it seems or having a dominent period .

Dublin being hated and people wanting them to lose is nothing new to this decade. Its always been the case. I enjoy it and makes victory so much sweater.

Enjoy the modern day success that you never had when it is was based on effort alone. Pillar and Dublin couldn't compete with Tyrone and Armagh based on volunteer effort alone despite 10/1 population advantage. Enter Bertie and the €2M euro a year scam to  buy AIs that you could not win!

If you're going out drinking that's your choice. If however after a few drinks you somehow feel the need to post nonsense/lies about the Dubs/Jim Gavin then you probably need psychological help. There's no shame in that by the way. There are plenty of organisations out there that can help you

Why don't you enjoy the 5 in a row?
I often wondered the same thing!
Anyone with 5 titles to celebrate shouldn't be here snapping and snarling at any that dare to suggest that Dublin aren't just an ordinary, down to earth team like the others. Must be an innate sense of insecurity.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

seafoid

What do you call normal?
We'll have a biteen of local excitement in Connacht and th'Ulsters will have their annual love in. Only 3 teams won Ulster in this decade?
The AI (tier 1 if it hapoens) will be about who Dublin with its huge numbers, resources, finances, home venue etc. beat in the Final.
If Tier 2 happens might generate a bit of excitement for the bottom 16 and the Leagues will at least give every County a chance of a more season Cupeen.
Normal would be :
- Someone else winning the all Ireland or maybe 2 different teams winning the next 3 Sams

Dublin being hated and people wanting them to lose is nothing new to this decade. Its always been the case. I enjoy it and makes victory so much sweater.

I was happy for Dublin in 95 when they got over the line and in 2011 when Cluxton scored the free with the last kick of the ball.
What is happening now is an experiment that has gone out of control.
Gaelic Football does not belong to the Dublin County Board.

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on September 21, 2019, 05:38:42 AM
What do you call normal?
Normal would be :

I was happy for Dublin in 95 when they got over the line and in 2011 when Cluxton scored the free with the last kick of the ball.

I'm afraid it does. If you think otherwise you are like the majority who have their head n the sand.

Jell 0 Biafra

What do you call normal?
Normal would be :

IIRC, you didn't seem overly concerned with Dublin when it was Mayo they were beating. It was only after Dublin beat Galway in the championship that you started on with this.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on September 21, 2019, 01:31:14 PM
What do you call normal?
Normal would be :

IIRC, you didn't seem overly concerned with Dublin when it was Mayo they were beating. It was only after Dublin beat Galway in the championship that you started on with this.

To be fair to Seafoid, He like many others seen this originally as a cycle that would end. Mayo are seen as a easy touch, so Dublin just about winning AI finals beating them was not seen as hugely incredible.  Galway being so close and better than Mayo in Connacht gave them the false feeling that their time again was close. It was not until that they seen Dublin up close that the realisation hit home.

seafoid

The Dubs playing tiki taka after one of the goals against Mayo in the semi was particularly distasteful and said so much about their humility in a flawed system where mediocrity is the height of achievement for 31 counties.

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on September 21, 2019, 02:48:13 PM
The Dubs playing tiki taka after one of the goals against Mayo in the semi was particularly distasteful and said so much about their humility in a flawed system where mediocrity is the height of achievement for 31 counties.

I'd have to problem with the way Dublin went about their business. This was the way they seen fit to see the game out, it was within the rules and it was up to Mayo to get control.

dublin7

Kerry tried to play keep ball the 1st day and got caught out. It's just game management. I imagine if it rained in choke park you'd moan and blame the dubs for getting wet. I take it you're not "Buzzin for the half dozen???

What I found distasteful was when Donegal sat back in their own half last year against Dublin for last 15 min happy to only lose by 5/6 rather than push up on Dublin, yet that was somehow dublin's fault.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 21, 2019, 03:51:22 PM

I'd have to problem with the way Dublin went about their business. This was the way they seen fit to see the game out, it was within the rules and it was up to Mayo to get control.
If it's not structurally possible for a team to win the all Ireland the beneficiary of that system shouldn't behave so provocatively. The IT reported that Mayo "had it coming to them" per some of the Dubs.

They can't take the money and do that . It's one or the other.

I don't care how many all Irelands they win.  Gaelic football is so fucked up at this stage.

Lar Naparka

What do you call normal?
Normal would be :

Unfortunately, has and the whole shebang is gonna go tits up because of it.
Back in the late nineties/ early noughties there was a dramatic increase in the interest of football throughout the entire country.
In a ten year spell five counties won Leinster titles and Wexford improved out of all recognition.
But the levelling off of standards was not confined to Leinster.
Both Sligo and Longford went close to beating Kerry and Tipp and Limerick had their best period for decades. Galway won two AIs and Mayo made three final appearances.
In Ulster, Armagh won their first AI during this period.
In Leinster, Meath won their last AI in 1999 and were runners up in 2001. KIlldare went close in 1998.
All in all, no one can deny that GAA football was going through a very positive phase.
But there were problems in Dublin for a  number of reasons and while other counties were facing them, Dublin's biggest worry was the  very high fallout rate in club football. No doubt about it, the county's profile was falling. So a strategic review committee was set up to investigate the issues and reported in 2002.
When the report concluded that Dublin should be split, all hell broke loose and the report was shelved. But that did not address Dublin's club problems so that's were the central funding for Dublin entered the picture.
To be fair,it took a lot more than the gravy train to make Dublin virtually unbeatable today but it sure helped.
I can't blame Dublin for putting its house in order but I don't think any rational person could have foreseen the consequences.
Shoving in mickey mouse tweaks to the intercounty isn't addressing the central issue.
Might as well attempting to stop the Titanic from sinking by applying Band Aid plasters.

Time is running out for the future of Gaelic football as we know it.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

From the Bunker

Quote from: dublin7 on September 21, 2019, 04:34:32 PM
Kerry tried to play keep ball the 1st day and got caught out. It's just game management. I imagine if it rained in choke park you'd moan and blame the dubs for getting wet. I take it you're not "Buzzin for the half dozen???

What I found distasteful was when Donegal sat back in their own half last year against Dublin for last 15 min happy to only lose by 5/6 rather than push up on Dublin, yet that was somehow dublin's fault.

It was a League game. They were beaten. They were controlling score difference at that stage. That was the NEUTRAL VENUE game! That was the bit I'd not like about that! The GAA decided in their infinite wisdom to give ye even advantages on the playing field as well as off it!

seafoid

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 21, 2019, 04:39:16 PM
What do you call normal?
Normal would be :

Unfortunately, has and the whole shebang is gonna go tits up because of it.
Back in the late nineties/ early noughties there was a dramatic increase in the interest of football throughout the entire country.
In a ten year spell five counties won Leinster titles and Wexford improved out of all recognition.
But the levelling off of standards was not confined to Leinster.
Both Sligo and Longford went close to beating Kerry and Tipp and Limerick had their best period for decades. Galway won two AIs and Mayo made three final appearances.
In Ulster, Armagh won their first AI during this period.
In Leinster, Meath won their last AI in 1999 and were runners up in 2001. KIlldare went close in 1998.
All in all, no one can deny that GAA football was going through a very positive phase.
But there were problems in Dublin for a  number of reasons and while other counties were facing them, Dublin's biggest worry was the  very high fallout rate in club football. No doubt about it, the county's profile was falling. So a strategic review committee was set up to investigate the issues and reported in 2002.
When the report concluded that Dublin should be split, all hell broke loose and the report was shelved. But that did not address Dublin's club problems so that's were the central funding for Dublin entered the picture.
To be fair,it took a lot more than the gravy train to make Dublin virtually unbeatable today but it sure helped.
I can't blame Dublin for putting its house in order but I don't think any rational person could have foreseen the consequences.
Shoving in mickey mouse tweaks to the intercounty isn't addressing the central issue.
Might as well attempting to stop the Titanic from sinking by applying Band Aid plasters.

Time is running out for the future of Gaelic football as we know it.

History is a record of "effects" the vast majority of which nobody intended to produce."
― Joseph Alois Schumpeter

Gaelic football provides a huge chunk of the GAA's revenue income. If the product isn't interesting the GAA can't force anyone to go to the matches.

dublin7

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 21, 2019, 05:28:06 PM

It was a League game. They were beaten. They were controlling score difference at that stage. That was the NEUTRAL VENUE game! That was the bit I'd not like about that! The GAA decided in their infinite wisdom to give ye even advantages on the playing field as well as off it!

It was put to county board delegates to change this and they didn't. THAT Dublin's fault as well???

Interestingly when the new dystem was unveiled to congress Donegal spoke out in favour and had a delegate sitting at the top table when it was introduced. Even though the fixtures had Dublin getting 2 games in croker and ulster winner playing leinster winner there 1st. Donegal didnt have any problems then, buy sure its easier to blame the big bad evil dubs.  Typical of Ireland its always someone else's fault.

From the Bunker

Quote from: dublin7 on September 21, 2019, 05:47:43 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 21, 2019, 05:28:06 PM

It was put to county board delegates to change this and they didn't. THAT Dublin's fault as well???

Interestingly when the new dystem was unveiled to congress Donegal spoke out in favour and had a delegate sitting at the top table when it was introduced. Even though the fixtures had Dublin getting 2 games in croker and ulster winner playing leinster winner there 1st. Donegal didnt have any problems then, buy sure its easier to blame the big bad evil dubs.  Typical of Ireland its always someone else's fault.

Where in the above did I blame Dublin GAA?