Connacht Club Championships 2018

Started by Owenmoresider, September 24, 2018, 12:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

No odds up for Connacht yet ,I assume they are waiting on Galway final , is that next week ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Maroon Manc

Quote from: larryin89 on October 22, 2018, 02:25:23 PM
No odds up for Connacht yet ,I assume they are waiting on Galway final , is that next week ?

Connacht Club Football 2018

CONNACHT CLUB FOOTBALL

Corofin 8/15
Ballintubber 3/1
Clann Na gael 8/1
Mountbellew/Moylough 12/1
Tourlestrane 22/1
Aughawillan 22/1

GalwayBayBoy

Not club football but this is where most of the Connacht chat seems to be going so there are 3 nominations for the Galway U-20 manager for 2019. Nominated are Val Daly, Stephen Joyce and Padraic Joyce.

Manning18

Quote from: larryin89 on October 22, 2018, 02:25:23 PM

Corofin 1/7 for this weekend, will be approx 1/6 vs CNG and 1/5 vs Ballintubber should all go as expected. In turn, CNG would prob go off ever so slight favs in a final vs Ballintubber if they prove themselves good enough to scalp Corofin. Similar with MM.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 23, 2018, 03:30:29 PM
Not club football but this is where most of the Connacht chat seems to be going so there are 3 nominations for the Galway U-20 manager for 2019. Nominated are Val Daly, Stephen Joyce and Padraic Joyce.
Stephen Joyce looks like the obvious choice there.

Manning18

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 23, 2018, 06:42:50 PM

Ahead of a former senior manager of one of the top inter county teams?  ;)

All 3 are intruiging in their own way. Doesn't look to be an obvious Walsh replacement at the moment so someone will see an opportunity, with the pick of good minor sides there

Duine Eile

6 nominees according to Galway Bay, Lloyd Kelly-Ballinasloe, Kieran Collins-Kilconly and Kevin Johnson-Salthill are the other 3. I think that Johnson lad is actually managing Ballintubber at the minute.

moysider

Why not Padraic Joyce?!

Cunny Funt

Quote from: moysider on October 24, 2018, 12:24:04 AM

Why not Padraic Joyce?!

Stephen Joyce knows this group of players better than the other candidates. 

thebackbar1

Val Daly => He was there with Gerry fahy last year, he didn't have much success with salthill when he was managing them. Doesn't have the man management skills to get on with the county board and players imho
Stephen Joyce => He knows these lads inside out, but again suspect man management skills, he has had good success with clonbur, but limited success managing other adult teams
Padraic Joyce => PJ has limited management experience, a shot in the dark imho, look at how ja is getting on with Tuam
Lloyd Kelly-Ballinasloe => don't know enough about him, i believe he has managed ballinsloe and is a ref
Kieran Collins-Kilconly => don't know enough about him
Kevin Johnson-Salthill => long involvement in coaching in galway, won the sfc in mayo this year, previously manage the county ted web team. Seems to be on a trajectory towards bigger things

mouview

Quote from: thebackbar1 on October 24, 2018, 11:06:42 AM
Val Daly => He was there with Gerry fahy last year, he didn't have much success with salthill when he was managing them. Doesn't have the man management skills to get on with the county board and players imho
Stephen Joyce => He knows these lads inside out, but again suspect man management skills, he has had good success with clonbur, but limited success managing other adult teams
Padraic Joyce => PJ has limited management experience, a shot in the dark imho, look at how ja is getting on with Tuam
Lloyd Kelly-Ballinasloe => don't know enough about him, i believe he has managed ballinsloe and is a ref
Kevin Johnson-Salthill => long involvement in coaching in galway, won the sfc in mayo this year, previously manage the county ted web team. Seems to be on a trajectory towards bigger things

Agree with all this. Would love for PJ to evolve into a top class manager/coach but there'd be a danger he could be another 'Glenn Hoddle', impatient with lesser talents. Val and Stephen too old school at this stage. Kieran Collins was a good footballer so might be worth a look at.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: thebackbar1 on October 24, 2018, 11:06:42 AM

Kevin Johnson would get my vote.

thebackbar1

Kieran Collins seems to have had a lot of success with underage girls teams in the county.

The more i think about it, giving it to PJ would be an awful slap in the face to the other candidates who have been earning their badges as coaches else where.

Blowitupref

Isn't Kevin Johnson a native of Sligo?

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Owenmoresider