Tipperary v Mayo, Round 2 Qualifier, Semple Stafium. 23/6/18.

Started by Mayo4Sam14, June 11, 2018, 10:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Gael85 on June 12, 2018, 05:31:23 PM

Michael Quinlivan will need to be top of his game the next day. He didn't score off Keegan in 2016 game but was fouled 5/6 times by him.

I take it Keegan will be back for this, if not then Quinlivan vs Cafferkey is a major mismatch to be exploited.

larryin89

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on June 12, 2018, 07:02:09 PM

Michael Quinlivan will need to be top of his game the next day. He didn't score off Keegan in 2016 game but was fouled 5/6 times by him.

I take it Keegan will be back for this, if not then Quinlivan vs Cafferkey is a major mismatch to be exploited.

Keegan came on v limerick
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: larryin89 on June 12, 2018, 07:23:03 PM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on June 12, 2018, 07:02:09 PM

Keegan came on v limerick

He will have to start fullback.

larryin89

I'm not so sure ,it's up the field he needs to be going imo not the other direction. Coen despite some saying he did well , he poses very little threat going forward , Parsons could open up the field at times , Keegan will have to go forward more than he usually does to compensate.

Caff is obviously doing good in training , he played very well v Monaghan in first league game and did sound the last day , maybe we just have to take a chance and put  faith in him .

Still can't fathom why Kevin Keane was let go so early this year when it's an area of the field we are very lacking in.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: larryin89 on June 12, 2018, 08:24:24 PM
I'm not so sure ,it's up the field he needs to be going imo not the other direction. Coen despite some saying he did well , he poses very little threat going forward , Parsons could open up the field at times , Keegan will have to go forward more than he usually does to compensate.

Caff is obviously doing good in training , he played very well v Monaghan in first league game and did sound the last day , maybe we just have to take a chance and put  faith in him .

Still can't fathom why Kevin Keane was let go so early this year when it's an area of the field we are very lacking in.

What's the story with Vaughan?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Syferus

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 12, 2018, 08:31:28 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on June 12, 2018, 08:24:24 PM

What's the story with Vaughan?

..he's not a very good or reliable footballer?

larryin89

Ere we go again .  Same aul spin , is there any Mayo footballer you'd rate at all syferus.  Have ya not a connacht final to be worrying about , hope you had the yard brush up at the Hyde the weekend lad.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: larryin89 on June 12, 2018, 08:42:06 PM
Ere we go again .  Same aul spin , is there any Mayo footballer you'd rate at all syferus.  Have ya not a connacht final to be worrying about , hope you had the yard brush up at the Hyde the weekend lad.

Is Vaughan injured though?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 12, 2018, 08:44:41 PM

Is Vaughan injured though?

2 weeks off I read somewhere.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Keegan is the best footballer in the country and Higgins wasn't far behind him for much of his career. Parsons was a great midfielder before his injury too. Kevin McLouglin, AOS (when fit) and wee Andy are all quality players. Diarmuid O'Connor would be a good player too if he wasn't picking up his brother's bad habbits.

Just because I don't praise all your lovely lads doesn't mean I hate any or all of them. Vaughan has always been a liability in the Mayo team imho.

tippabu

Word of warning for the mayo throngs coming down, parking gone very strict in the areas around semple due to emergency services needing access to the locals, just be wary if you're throwing the car up on the side of the road, carparks and the likes are better even if they can be a pain in the hole to get out of. I'd never be coming in from the side most of ye are so not sure what it's like for parking there

tippabu

This is from the league game this year against Wexford, I'm sure one will be put on mayo pages for this game but it will probably be pretty much the same......

Important Notice for Supporters attending Semple Stadium Saturday evening
February 15, 2018/in County /
Supporters travelling to Semple Stadium this Sat evening for Tipp v Wexford should be aware that there will be no parking adjacent to the Stadium except you have an official car pass. Barriers will be erected and traffic will be stopped on the immediate approach roads to the Stadium.

Car Parking facilities are available at LIT Thurles (on the Nenagh Road), Thurles Greyhound Stadium (opp the entrance to Ardáin Ui Riain). VEC Grounds (Beside entrance to Ardáin Uí Riain). Parnell St Car Park , Liberty Square Car Park, St Patricks College (opp Cathedral), Munster Hotel Car Park (opp Cathedral).

Patrons are also advised that The Dome will be open from 5pm for live TV and Bar facilities, so our advice is to come early, park up and relax in the comfortable hospitality of Semple Stadium.

Tim Floyd
Rúnaí Choiste Chontae
Tiobráid Árann
secretary.tipperary@gaa.ie

macdanger2

Cheers tipoabu. Will be getting the train from Dublin - any recommendations for where to eat? Somewhere family friendly

Owenmoresider

Quote from: tippabu on June 20, 2018, 08:28:42 AM
This is from the league game this year against Wexford, I'm sure one will be put on mayo pages for this game but it will probably be pretty much the same......

Important Notice for Supporters attending Semple Stadium Saturday evening
February 15, 2018/in County /
Supporters travelling to Semple Stadium this Sat evening for Tipp v Wexford should be aware that there will be no parking adjacent to the Stadium except you have an official car pass. Barriers will be erected and traffic will be stopped on the immediate approach roads to the Stadium.

Car Parking facilities are available at LIT Thurles (on the Nenagh Road), Thurles Greyhound Stadium (opp the entrance to Ardáin Ui Riain). VEC Grounds (Beside entrance to Ardáin Uí Riain). Parnell St Car Park , Liberty Square Car Park, St Patricks College (opp Cathedral), Munster Hotel Car Park (opp Cathedral).

Patrons are also advised that The Dome will be open from 5pm for live TV and Bar facilities, so our advice is to come early, park up and relax in the comfortable hospitality of Semple Stadium.

Tim Floyd
Rúnaí Choiste Chontae
Tiobráid Árann
secretary.tipperary@gaa.ie
If you park out along the Nenagh Road near the racecourse you should be fine though? Typical of the way we get screwed over acrfoss the board now, won't let you park in reasonable spots (not obviously blocking junctions/exits etc.) but instead offer you car parks where they'll charge you for the privilege. Were at the same crap in Galway a few weeks ago. Had parked in the Crokes AC car park after a Tipp game a few years ago and took well over an hour to get out, never again.

tippabu

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 20, 2018, 09:39:07 AM
Cheers tipoabu. Will be getting the train from Dublin - any recommendations for where to eat? Somewhere family friendly

Supermacs;)....hayes is usually good but I'd imagine it will be the spot most from mayo given it's history so could be jammed. The arch bar on the square also is grand, what you'd expect for pub grub. We'd be creatures of habit so usually it's same spots we'd go so apart from them not sure. I don't know if Bowes beside the station does food. Train is perfect way to be travelling for the game though if you can, hassle free