Derry V Kildare - Owenbeg, Sat 9th June 3pm

Started by oakleaflad, June 06, 2018, 09:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleaflad

It's not Kerry or Dublin you're playing lads, no Phoenix's need to rise to beat Derry. I would be pleasantly surprised if we win this one.

thebuzz

Quote from: oakleaflad on June 08, 2018, 01:48:54 PM
It's not Kerry or Dublin you're playing lads, no Phoenix's need to rise to beat Derry. I would be pleasantly surprised if we win this one.

I'd be pleasantly surprised too. Kildare lost a lot of close games in the league. If they get a bit of belief they'll give Derry trouble.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 08, 2018, 01:07:45 PM
Yeah I can't remember the mood ever being as low. There's no belief whatsoever in this group of players.

I was considering going up but considering they won't even bother naming a team I probably won't. The disappointment would be too great when we see Eamon Callaghan starting.

macdanger2

Quote from: thebuzz on June 08, 2018, 05:13:01 PM
Quote from: oakleaflad on June 08, 2018, 01:48:54 PM

I'd be pleasantly surprised too. Kildare lost a lot of close games in the league. If they get a bit of belief they'll give Derry trouble.

I was chatting to a kildare fella earlier, he reckoned the ideal scenario for kildare would be to come back from 4-5 down with ten to go and win by a point. He seems to think a lack of belief is hindering them

OffTheDeck

Be interesting to see how Derry get on at Owenbeg. Heard reports about folks being fed up with Celtic Park, however that may have just been an excuse for poor performance

twohands!!!

Derry 2-7 Kildare 1-12 at HT.

No surprise given the score-line but both defences sound wide open.

twohands!!!

Derry 2-8 Kildare 2-15

Kildare goal 43 minutes -  a long way back for Derry now.

twohands!!!

Derry 2-12 Kildare 2-16 56 minutes

Derry have narrowed it, sounds like Kildare getting a bit of white line fever, making silly mistakes and giving away silly frees.

twohands!!!

Sounds like Tommy Moolick very lucky there - Kildare FM calling it as a blatant black and Moolick only gets a yellow.

twohands!!!

Derry 2-12 Kildare 2-17 61 minutes

Flynn with one that Kildare badly needed to steady things down.

twohands!!!

Derry 2-12 Kildare 2-18 62 minutes

Back out to 6 points for Kildare.

twohands!!!

David Hyland black card to stop a goal-scoring chance, replaced by his brother.

Mark Lynch straight red card in the afters.

Derry 2-13 Kildare 2-18  66 minutes.

twohands!!!

Derry 2-14 Kildare 2-22 FT

The losing streak is over (for Kildare)

The big worry for Kildare going forward  is that Derry managed to score 2-14 relatively easily and missed a couple more goal chances. 

Also Brophy apparently has a broken thumb (picked up in the warm up) and Feeley did his hamstring, so both those sound like they will be out for a bit.

screenexile

Missed goal chance at the start of the first half was crucial then we never got back in touch.

Going forward we caused them lots of problems but our defence was brutal they got scores far too easily. Lots of encouraging things though to build on. Sean Leo, Emmett Bradley, Paudie Cassidy were excellent. There's the nucleus of a decent team there it will be interesting to see how we go in the league next year. McErlain has a job trying to keep the lads together hopefully he can.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere