Author Topic: Meath V Tyrone Qualifier Round 1 Saturday 9th June 2018  (Read 19012 times)

tonto1888

• View Profile
Re: Meath V Tyrone Qualifier Round 1 Saturday 9th June 2018
« Reply #390 on: June 12, 2018, 05:59:57 PM »
So is he rotating them or did he get injured in the warm up?
I think Morgan is a lot more accurate with his kick-outs but also a lot more of a risk taker which often doesn't end well.

I liked the challenge on Cluxton on Sunday. Was amazed it has taken so long for someone to challenge him like that.

Take him out illegally and get a red card?

thejuice

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 12, 2018, 11:19:51 PM »
https://soundcloud.com/user-158378740/episode-25-mcentee-to-take-time-to-decide-on-future

Good interview with Andy on this podcast as well as a little bit about our underage structures and what should hopefully deliver some silverware soon, fingers crossed.

I have to say I feel for Andy quite a bit and Iím not going to stick the boot in over him going after the referee as I can only imagine the sacrifices he and the team have made, the investment of time, money and energy. itís easy to criticise and Iím sure Andy knows itís not a good thing to do but in the heat of the moment it can get better of you.

I hope he sees out his three years at least, I genuinely feel heís got the right attitude, he is trying to set the bar higher for us, he might make some tactical mistakes but I think heís getting a raw deal from the amount of lads that left the panel.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 13, 2018, 12:01:20 AM »
I'd be amazed if he walked away.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Therealdonald

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 13, 2018, 12:07:55 AM »
So is he rotating them or did he get injured in the warm up?
I think Morgan is a lot more accurate with his kick-outs but also a lot more of a risk taker which often doesn't end well.

I liked the challenge on Cluxton on Sunday. Was amazed it has taken so long for someone to challenge him like that.

Take him out illegally and get a red card?

The hypocrisy of that red card is ridiculous. If Cluxton done the opposite to the forward coming in (which he has), he'd be lauded. How many times is there innocuous challenges like this round the middle of the field with no cards?

This kind of challenge, late hit should be carried out on Cluxton at the beginning of every match. His temperament is suspect at the best of times. Love to see him left in the net in the first two mins of each game. We will be able to see how well he can pin point his kickouts then.

Just to clarify I'm not condoning wrecking him, moreso a big high ball 50/50 into the square and Cluxton let know he's in a match.