Rory O'Carroll for New Zealand

Started by The Hill is Blue, January 03, 2016, 04:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: INDIANA on January 03, 2016, 10:29:03 PM
Mayo's to lose. Full forwards all over Ireland are on the piss in celebration.

Rory has promised to let Kieran Donaghy and Michael Murphy out of his pocket before he leaves

They'd have to be let out of 3/4 defenders pockets if there was to be any pocket excavation occuring . Its been a while since a defender went mano-mano with a marquee county forward.

Conallach

Quote from: INDIANA on January 03, 2016, 10:29:03 PM
Mayo's to lose. Full forwards all over Ireland are on the piss in celebration.

Rory has promised to let Kieran Donaghy and Michael Murphy out of his pocket before he leaves

O'Caroll's an excellent player and really one of the key components of their runaway success of late, but that's not very accurate. He had a good first three quarters on Murphy in an u21 game six years ago, before Murphy came alive (and then blew the match with the missed penalty). Similar 1st / 2nd half dynamic in 2014. From what I've seen he also doesn't take Donaghy on directly very often.

Fair play to O'Carroll, I'm sure he'll have a great year and do well for himself and his career, and be back in plenty of time to get in great shape again for 2017. No harm at all to the lad and it'll give Dublin a chance to try something else. If there's ever a time where change can be an impetuous for success, it's those pesky 'hangover' years.

mouview

seafoid

Quote from: mouview on January 04, 2016, 04:26:25 PM
Is he going out milking cows?
He is going to develop a special haka for the dubs

the knacka haka with special eye gouging
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

Who's going to replace him in Mrs Brown's Boys?

seafoid

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: seafoid on January 04, 2016, 06:17:56 PM

Did it take you long to think that one up?
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

seafoid

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on January 04, 2016, 08:09:36 PM

it should have stayed on the pitch. I give it everything. He didn't mind

heffo

Quote from: seafoid on January 04, 2016, 08:56:38 PM

Unfortunately with the Northern hordes brief window of success came a win at all costs mentality and a realisation that Football at the top level isn't played by choir boys (see the multiple concussions received by O'Carroll - one of the reasons he's taking the year out).

As Galway haven't won a game of significance in this time, you wouldn't know about that though.

mrhardyannual

As a Mayo supporter for half a century I wish Rory well on his year out from county football. In recent years the bullshit has taken over from serious comment to the degree that the respect due to opponents has been overtaken by a slavish adoption of the worst of what's to be seen in following English Premiership teams. so for what it's worth I hope Rory is seen again in the Dublin colours and if we are to ever win another All Ireland (and I think it will be sooner rather than later) I hope we win against a team fielding it's strongest side. If that's the Dubs then Rory O Carroll is as good a full back as there's been in 20 years. In light of the loss of young Curtin in Kerry let's wish him "slán tamall" and hope he's in Croker to see Mayo take Sam.

seafoid

Quote from: heffo on January 04, 2016, 09:25:18 PM

Unfortunately with the Northern hordes brief window of success came a win at all costs mentality and a realisation that Football at the top level isn't played by choir boys (see the multiple concussions received by O'Carroll - one of the reasons he's taking the year out).

As Galway haven't won a game of significance in this time, you wouldn't know about that though.

Ni uasal agus iseal ach thuas seal agus thios seal, Heffo. Sure don't we have videos of the late 90s to remind us. I wouldn't want to be winning all the time. ;)

Enjoy the good days.  They are special.
Meath will presumably rise from its slumber at some stage. Must have been a bad trip.

Re the gouging I thought it was a blight on the final myself. I hope it doesn't become a feature. 
The media management afterwards was disturbing . Gaelic football is in a bit of a hole.

It is exciting to see O Carroll taking a year off. I wish more players would do it. There is more to life than shnow and hailshtones, so to speak.

tonto1888

Quote from: seafoid on January 05, 2016, 04:56:11 AM

Ni uasal agus iseal ach thuas seal agus thios seal, Heffo. Sure don't we have videos of the late 90s to remind us. I wouldn't want to be winning all the time. ;)

Meath will presumably rise from its slumber at some stage. Must have been a bad trip.

Re the gouging I thought it was a blight on the final myself. I hope it doesn't become a feature. 
The media management afterwards was disturbing . Gaelic football is in a bit of a hole.

It is exciting to see O Carroll taking a year off. I wish more players would do it. There is more to life than shnow and hailshtones, so to speak.

Well, Jamie Clarke is not turning out for Armagh this year

seafoid

It will do the Dubs good presumably to have a second FB with experience at the highest level.

heffo

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 05, 2016, 08:12:40 AM
Quote from: seafoid on January 05, 2016, 04:56:11 AM

Well, Jamie Clarke is not turning out for Armagh this year

McGeeney didn't seem too pleased

BennyHarp

Wow, the "Nordies" are to blame for Rory O'Connell taking a year out!  :o
That was never a square ball!!