Down
34 (27.4%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Voting closed: March 03, 2015, 02:53:23 PM

cornetto

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Old yeller on March 07, 2015, 10:34:46 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 07, 2015, 09:40:48 PM
Decision to start Niall Kelly probably won that game for Kildare. He kept the team in it when we were struggling in the first half. On the negative side he probably won't be risked next Sunday with the u21 side out on Wednesday week. Paul Cribbin's return has given us some badly needed mobility around the middle. He played the game on the edge which is something Kildare have been lacking since Dermot Earley retired. Bolton helped drive the team on and Dan Flynn will only get better.

At least we've given ourselves a chance of staying up now.
It should take some pressure of Ryan, he took dogs abuse before the match from the Kildare fans. It was a disgrace to see it actually.

He was always on a bit of a hiding to nothing after the circumstances surrounding McGeeney's exit. I doubt he will be there beyond this year but he seems like a nice man and I would be happy to see him turn it around with this team.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Syferus

Quote from: cornetto on March 07, 2015, 10:35:45 PM
http://www.newrydemocrat.com/articles/sports/45068/coulter-calls-it/
galway might as well not turn up, benny Coulter has spoken.

Loving 'Galway don't have the physical pressence of Donegal or Roscommon'! Sure we're only playing young ladeens these days. They'll be awful beashts of men when they grow up if they're already in Donegal's bracket..

Coulter may not be too far wrong - I don't see Galway (or ourselves) going unbeaten in D2 this year.

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: Syferus on March 07, 2015, 11:05:31 PM

Loving 'Galway don't have the physical pressence of Donegal or Roscommon'! Sure we're only playing young ladeens these days. They'll be awful beashts of men when they grow up if they're already in Donegal's bracket..

Coulter may not be too far wrong - I don't see Galway (or ourselves) going unbeaten in D2 this year.

When you say "we" or "ourselves" its hard to know if you mean Roscommon or Mayo, you spend so much time jumping from one bandwagon to the other you are going to fall of sometime.

thejuice

Good to see the lads bagging a few goals. We really seem to be a  second half team this year. Somewhat reminiscent of the Sean Boylan years but I wouldn't dare take those comparisons any further.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

GalwayBayBoy

We don't even have two big midfielders at the minute. Tom Flynn is out for the remainder of the league. We only have one big midfielder left. If Benny rang me I could have told him that.

seafoid

Meath are looking better now. 4 points after 3 games and a few easier games ahead. They should be in the mix at the end. Good to see Kildare winning as well.

cornetto

Meath have turned it around since galway game,their game against down, could be a promotion decider.kildare will push on after that win last night.night.expect laois to do something similar today they are not that bad.down to beat galway we are bad travellers!

seafoid

Down have to win today . Losing to Ros and having to play Meath later mean they have no margin if they want to be promoted.

SHEEDY

Quote from: seafoid on March 08, 2015, 11:27:19 AM
Down have to win today . Losing to Ros and having to play Meath later mean they have no margin if they want to be promoted.
with 3 of our last 4 games at home it should give us an advantage. the galway match today will go a long way in deciding who goes up, it wont be easy but hopefully down can nick it by a point or 2.
nil satis nisi optimum

Agent Orange

Looks like down havent showed up, Galway running riot in the marshes.

twohands!!!

Galway 1-10 Down 0-7 HT

Galway have apparently missed a couple of goal chances as well.

seafoid

Laois up against Ros as well.

Syferus

Syferus

Make that up by a point now. Playing with the wind in the second half.