Connacht U21 Championship 2014

Started by moysider, February 20, 2014, 08:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Our Hastings Cup run is now put in perspective by the Leinster U21 Results to date.
Despite Syfín's ( and some other eejits round the County) getting carried away - we have it all to do next week.
A few injury worries too I believe and God knows what them Fermanagh savbucks will do to our ladeens Sunday.
Mayowr have to be hot favourites now regrettably.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

moysider

Quote from: Rossfan on March 06, 2014, 10:25:54 AM
Our Hastings Cup run is now put in perspective by the Leinster U21 Results to date.
Despite Syfín's ( and some other eejits round the County) getting carried away - we have it all to do next week.
A few injury worries too I believe and God knows what them Fermanagh savbucks will do to our ladeens Sunday.

Not like you to set the panic in early Rossfan!

Poor old Syfín must be up in a heap so altogether.

Really lookin forward to this. We might even make a game of it.

Rossfan

I just have a bad oul' feelin about it Moy. :-\ :(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

moysider

larryin89

Bollix rossfan, cute hoor rubbish doesnt sit well with ye.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on March 06, 2014, 01:45:48 PM

I heard Ultan is so severely injured he played most of a game yesterday and played quite well  :( :( :(

sligoman2

Are sligo having any challeges or is there any news dose play in the Hastings cup or any other competition ?
Looking like one and done again
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

magpie seanie

Quote from: sligoman2 on March 06, 2014, 05:22:39 PM
Are sligo having any challeges or is there any news dose play in the Hastings cup or any other competition ?
Looking like one and done again

I know Sligo definitely played in an U21 game the weekend before last but didn't even hear who it was against never mind the result. Actually some pretty talented players on the panel.

ross4life

The Leinster U21 results certainly give some perspective. For example, Longford have now reached the Leinster semi final, Mayo bet them by 8 points in Jan & the larries have only made four changes to their starting 15 since then...

Injury worries a concern, a few starters definitely out, others doubtful. Fingers crossed that more isn't added to that injured list on Sunday.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

moysider

Quote from: ross4life on March 06, 2014, 09:05:36 PM
The Leinster U21 results certainly give some perspective. For example, Longford have now reached the Leinster semi final, Mayo bet them by 8 points in Jan & the larries have only made four changes to their starting 15 since then...

Injury worries a concern, a few starters definitely out, others doubtful. Fingers crossed that more isn't added to that injured list on Sunday.

Many involved with the seniors?

Mayo only starter is Adam Gallagher and he may well sit this one out since Varley stepped in well the last Day and O Connor close to a return as well.
2 games in 4 days is asking a lot imo.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on March 06, 2014, 01:45:48 PM

You're a gas man with words Rossfan. Here in the open discussion of the U-21 thread, you say you're worried, but in the Division 3 2014 thread, you're expecting to be playing the Dublins/Kerrys/Tyrones and Corks of this world... Make up your mind like a good man! :P
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ross4life

Quote from: moysider on March 06, 2014, 09:54:26 PM

Mayo only starter is Adam Gallagher and he may well sit this one out since Varley stepped in well the last Day and O Connor close to a return as well.

Six, three started the last day (C Daly,D Murtagh,E Smith) another two came on (M Nally,D Smith) & one unused sub (F Kelly) its asking a lot alright but both managements are going to risk it by the sounds of it.

Donie Smith is unlikely to be match fit by Wed, he was arguably the difference in the 2011 minor,2012 U21 Ros v Mayo games.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

moysider

Quote from: ross4life on March 06, 2014, 10:37:15 PM
Quote from: moysider on March 06, 2014, 09:54:26 PM

Six, three started the last day (C Daly,D Murtagh,E Smith) another two came on (M Nally,D Smith) & one unused sub (F Kelly) its asking a lot alright but both managements are going to risk it by the sounds of it.

Donie Smith is unlikely to be match fit by Wed, he was arguably the difference in the 2011 minor,2012 U21 Ros v Mayo games.

I don t know about us risking anything. I d be surprised if Gallagher is played.

ross4life

Quote from: moysider on March 06, 2014, 11:08:52 PM
I don t know about us risking anything. I d be surprised if Gallagher is played.
Yeah you guys are unlikely to risk Gallagher isn't O'Connor back to fill in anyway? when i said managements i meant our U21s,Seniors.

moysider

Quote from: ross4life on March 06, 2014, 11:23:50 PM
Quote from: moysider on March 06, 2014, 11:08:52 PM
Yeah you guys are unlikely to risk Gallagher isn't O'Connor back to fill in anyway? when i said managements i meant our U21s,Seniors.

Oh, alright.

There s no real need to rush back O Connor either until he s 100%. This is the time for likes of Mikey Sweeney and Enda Varley to play rather than train.

Have to whisper this but our best U21 forward not in senior panel.  ssshhhh!
Rosnarun would kill me if he read this :(