Blowitupref

Quote from: Syferus on May 25, 2013, 07:25:35 PM
Quote from: criostlinn on May 25, 2013, 07:20:15 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 25, 2013, 01:35:11 AM
Quote from: criostlinn on May 24, 2013, 11:16:55 PM
Who's putting the boot in.

A senior intercounty championship match ranks a little higher in importance than a group stage county championship match.

Unless there's ructions we don't know about there's only one place James will be this weekend and it won't be playing club football.

Well it seems you don't know as much as you claim about the Mayo champions

Walsh will not be happy, whether he says so in public is another matter. It does show up his decision to drop O'Hara because he couldn't commit early in the season to training but he tolerates James playing (if true) a club match the day before Sligo's first championship match because he's more important to his plans. Very obvious double standards is not a route to a happy camp.

It's true

https://twitter.com/Ballagh_GAA/status/338328869289480193/photo/1/large

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 25, 2013, 08:09:56 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 25, 2013, 07:25:35 PM
Quote from: criostlinn on May 25, 2013, 07:20:15 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 25, 2013, 01:35:11 AM

A senior intercounty championship match ranks a little higher in importance than a group stage county championship match.

Unless there's ructions we don't know about there's only one place James will be this weekend and it won't be playing club football.

Well it seems you don't know as much as you claim about the Mayo champions

Walsh will not be happy, whether he says so in public is another matter. It does show up his decision to drop O'Hara because he couldn't commit early in the season to training but he tolerates James playing (if true) a club match the day before Sligo's first championship match because he's more important to his plans. Very obvious double standards is not a route to a happy camp.

It's true

https://twitter.com/Ballagh_GAA/status/338328869289480193/photo/1/large

Yeah, saw it in the Indo just now.

It creates an interesting situation because Walsh was all about players always being there but he's allowing James to play a club game the day before a serious championship tie, this London team is on a different level to the old teams and one that could realistically shock Sligo tomorrow. If Sligo do slip up there will be a lot of questions asked about probably your best midfielder playing a club game the day before.

I've seen this happen in the league with U21 players this year playing the next day after a championship game, on top of everything else it's very dangerous. In that regard at least (I hope) Walsh isn't starting him.

magpie seanie

Is the penny beginning to drop with the non Sligo people about our manager? O'Hara is still a better midfielder than the two lads named in that position for Sligo tomorrow. The Kilcullen situation is in my book unacceptable, especially when you made a "stand" pre-Christmas and already backtracked on it.

As for Murphy - the lad is from my club and someone I get on well with and have a lot of time for. I'm very biased. I think he has huge potential and it has really annoyed me how he has been fcuked around by Walsh and co since he joined the senior panel. I don't beleive he has finished a game he has started in that time for starters. Maybe he is not as good as I think but you certainly do not get the best out of a young scoring forward by always taking him off and then dropping him.

Anyway - I'll try to be positive even though I cannot remember a feeling like this before a Sligo championship game. Maybe if we somehow fall over the line tomorrow, things might improve. Who knows?

From the Bunker

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 25, 2013, 11:47:53 PM
Is the penny beginning to drop with the non Sligo people about our manager? O'Hara is still a better midfielder than the two lads named in that position for Sligo tomorrow. The Kilcullen situation is in my book unacceptable, especially when you made a "stand" pre-Christmas and already backtracked on it.

As for Murphy - the lad is from my club and someone I get on well with and have a lot of time for. I'm very biased. I think he has huge potential and it has really annoyed me how he has been fcuked around by Walsh and co since he joined the senior panel. I don't beleive he has finished a game he has started in that time for starters. Maybe he is not as good as I think but you certainly do not get the best out of a young scoring forward by always taking him off and then dropping him.

Anyway - I'll try to be positive even though I cannot remember a feeling like this before a Sligo championship game. Maybe if we somehow fall over the line tomorrow, things might improve. Who knows?

As i said this would have been sign posted from way off. Walsh would have made his decision! The call would have been tougher, had it been any of the home counties that Sligo were playing. Tough i know, but them are the calls!

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 26, 2013, 01:36:49 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 25, 2013, 11:47:53 PM

As i said this would have been sign posted from way off. Walsh would have made his decision! The call would have been tougher, had it been any of the home counties that Sligo were playing. Tough i know, but them are the calls!

As in because they'd be a harder match for them? Very little between London and Leitrim these days and Sligo on current form only survived D3 thanks to Wicklow and the Umbrellas' ineptitude. Without Kelly and Kilcullen (mostly) it makes Ruslip an even dodgier setting to be heading off to.

Really blind-sighted me that Kilcullen would be allowed to play a club game the day before a championship match given the O'Hara situation. Either way it's a double standard that's only going to rub Sligo supporters up the wrong way again.

criostlinn

The same situation will probably arise with Kilcullen for the Connacht semi final if they get through.

What does Walsh do for that one.

This is an awkward situation. Does this happen often that a player transfers to a different county but continues to play club football in his home county

macdanger2

Quote from: criostlinn on May 26, 2013, 06:43:07 AM
The same situation will probably arise with Kilcullen for the Connacht semi final if they get through.

Correct - Ballaghadreen v Garrymore on the weekend of 22/23 June.

Unless they can get the club game moved to the following weekend and if forced to choose, surely Kilcullen would want to play for his club?

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: macdanger2 on May 26, 2013, 07:53:29 AM
Quote from: criostlinn on May 26, 2013, 06:43:07 AM

Correct - Ballaghadreen v Garrymore on the weekend of 22/23 June.

Unless they can get the club game moved to the following weekend and if forced to choose, surely Kilcullen would want to play for his club?
I am told that kilcullen has told the team and walsh that in the event of a clash he will chose his club. I dont have an issue at all with kilcullen but if he cannot commit 100% whats the point. Yes there will be a clash if we win today for the leitrim game. Its just another black mark against walsh for me and his double standards their for all to see.

I am also told this is not a boogey team and will start as selected. Unfortunetly my heart wont allow me to bet against Sligo but if i was a neutral id be lumping on london.

Whilst Seanie states about being biased about murphy i dont see it at all that way, what you say is 100% bang on whether your from his club or not. He has been consistently one of the best club forwards in the county the last few yrs. Clearly walsh doesnt fancy him and all we need is a manager to believe in him to get the best out of him. IMO he hasnt been given that chance with county yet. He should be starting imo. I think he will get on at some stage though and so will kilcullen.

Its hard to believe but i really think we are in big trouble for today, will be listening nervous as fck from georgia. You know something i want walsh gone so bad because his fcking up the development of the seniors and losing today will fasttrack that process but i cannot bring myself to want us to lose, if he wins connacht he will have proved me wrong and tbh i would more than welcome that although where im sitting now he hasnt a hope in hell so we are just delaying the inevitable.

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

macdanger2

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 26, 2013, 09:09:55 AM
Unfortunetly my heart wont allow me to bet against Sligo but if i was a neutral id be lumping on london.

Seriously?? The odds on Sligo have shortened since earlier in the week so it looks like the money is going with Sligo. Losing would be some disaster for Sligo having run Mayo close in the Connacht final last year

Anyone know if London are going well??

From the Bunker

London in the League Lost to Offaly (by 8 ), Carlow (by 1), Tipp (by 8 ), Limerick (by 1), Clare (by 12) and Leitrim (by 2). They beat Waterford by a point. Although they lost 6 out of 7 games, Carlow, Limerick and Leitrim were close.

Mano

London 1-3 to Sligo 1. Cleaned out at midfield so far. How long before Kilcullen is on?

SLIGONIAN

were in trouble, but no surprise...
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Shamrock Shore

Hoots of derision here in Aughrim when latest score from yere game read out!

sligoman2

We are in trouble

Lon   1-5
Sligo 0-4

London just missed a penalty

Wake up time......
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Blowitupref

London 1-5 Sligo 0-4 London should be further ahead missed a penalty.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose