Sligo V London Connaught C'ship

Started by ck, May 24, 2013, 02:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

Sligo team v London: Greene, Cawley,Martyn,Donovan, Harrison,McIntyre,Curran, Gilmartin,Taylor, Egan,Hughes,McManus, Breheny,Marren,F Quinn

Croí na hÉireann

Is Kelly on the bench or ruled out completely?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Rossfan

CONNACHT please  >:( >:( >:(
Th'oul garrison game has left it's mark on the Shliigos alright. :-[ :-[
I expect a handy one for Sligo here to set up the only 50/50 game in Connacht ;) this year.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

magpie seanie

When I saw the team earlier I got even more worried. Surely it can't be the right team? forget about Kelly - where's Kilcullen?

drici

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 24, 2013, 03:26:18 PM

When I saw the team earlier I got even more worried. Surely it can't be the right team? forget about Kelly - where's Kilcullen?

Kildare are at it again.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ck

Connacht it is LOL. Come on the Rovers!

I'm really worried about this London game. We are not strong, on paper at least

sligoman2

Not a very strong team.  Only marren and brehony are proven scores.  Is kilcullen injured?

Backs look strong but midfield and forwards will need to be on top of their game.

I expect to win by 3 or 4 if we are lucky.

No kilcullen, coen, Davey, Ohara,Kelly.

Why is Murphy not playing. Did he not score 9 pts last week v mayo in the junior final?
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

From the Bunker

Sligo will have enough for London. Suppose Walsh has to try something different, and here's where to start. Sligo's Connacht Championship was respectable last year. This was because they wanted to win the Nestor Cup. Once they were out of that and into the qualifiers (subliminally) the rest did not matter. The same happened in 2010, once they lost to Ros they were only fulfilling the fixture against Down.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 24, 2013, 07:44:25 PM
Sligo will have enough for London. Suppose Walsh has to try something different, and here's where to start. Sligo's Connacht Championship was respectable last year. This was because they wanted to win the Nestor Cup. Once they were out of that and into the qualifiers (subliminally) the rest did not matter. The same happened in 2010, once they lost to Ros they were only fulfilling the fixture against Down.

I was at the Kildare match in the Qualifiers. Kildare didn't even play well and totally destroyed Sligo. There was the six day turnaround and the totally unexpected loss to us in the 2010 final but they had two weeks to get their heads straight for Kildare and it was easily the most unforgivably poor performance Sligo turned out in recent years. They barely touched the ball in Kildare's half.

Mano

There will be wholesale switches at the start. Harrison and Cawley, Quinn and Hughes will switch. There are 4 forwards who won't trouble the scoreboard too much. Where is Kilcullen-Taylor getting yet another chance to show he is up to inter county standard.

With that team this could be a humiliation

ross4life

Sligo remain inconsistent reached the Connacht final last year pushed Mayo all the way compared to the year before when they were beaten at home by Leitrim and knocked out of the championship by Wicklow.

London championship results have improved they got close v Antrim,Leitrim last year and the year before they brought Mayo to extra time plus they bet Fermanagh. League form wasn't good only one win in Div 4 (bet Waterford by 1pt)

Sligo should win on Sunday but by how much will depend on which Sligo side will turn up?

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

AidyMac

Have a gut feeling that London might sneak this. They are very hard to beat over there. One thing standing them is that they have a pretty settled squad for the first time in ages. No chopping and changing.

SLIGONIAN

If that named sligo team starts im lumping on london to offset the pain of losing to them, holy fck there has to changes before throw in. Either way its sad, trying to play mind games and naming boogey team is a new low for walsh against the likes of london ffs. martyn is injured but named????kilcullen and murphy not starting seriously??? walsh is numpty and sooner hes gone the better for sligo gaa
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

criostlinn

I presume Kilcullen is playing with Ballaghdarreen this weekend in the Mayo Senior Championship.