Donegal v Tyrone Sat 21st March 09

Started by never kickt a ball, March 15, 2009, 05:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doohicky

Anyone going from Strabane?

I was planning to go, but have lost my lift as they are not going now(Leaving Belfast in next half hour to get to Strabane and hopefully travelling from there)
I missed the last  game too, so don't really want to miss out on this one.

Aaron Boone

Deferred coverage is on from 9.30pm to 11pm tonight on Setanta Ireland. It's a mammoth tv sport day for any armchair viewers out there. 

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Donegal 0-11 Tyrone 0-8.

Sounded like a poor match and a poor performance from Tyrone. 16 wides I think? And a serieswides from frees in the closing minutes. Fair bit of work to be done to stay in Division 1.

omagh_gael

seemed to be a very poor performance tonight, I know it's only the league but shooting seemed woeful according to paddy hunter! Hopefully there's a big step up next week for Derry game, a similar performance would be severly punished I fear!

J70

Important win for Donegal. Hopefully, they'll get a win in Westmeath next week and give themselves a chance.

Rumours on Highland that certain individuals were omitted completely this evening due to disciplinary issues... :(

gerry

Just back from the match, another poor crowd and poor game from tyrone. This is getting to common for my liking and with conor gormley injured in injury time its hard to take positives from it.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

tyrone86

That was dung. That was the worst performance in Mickey Harte's reign by a country mile. Stephen Griffen kicked enough wides to have beat Tyrone on his own. Very few lads emerge with any credit. Ciaran Gourley was one of the few lads that appeared to be trying, the others being Mugsy, Mellon, Davy and Conor Gormley. Midfield was non existent and 1 point in the last 45 minutes says all that needs to be said.

Fear ón Srath Bán

A very poor spectacle, where Donegal will be much he happier with the points than the performance. As for the refereeing, suffice it to say that the Assessor's report could well resemble War And Peace from a distance.

Anyways, it is only March, and our lads seem to be saving it for a sun that's higher up in the sky.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

aroundincircles

Fear are you attempting to blame the ref????

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: tyrone86 on March 22, 2009, 02:03:08 PM
That was dung. That was the worst performance in Mickey Harte's reign by a country mile. Stephen Griffen kicked enough wides to have beat Tyrone on his own. Very few lads emerge with any credit. Ciaran Gourley was one of the few lads that appeared to be trying, the others being Mugsy, Mellon, Davy and Conor Gormley. Midfield was non existent and 1 point in the last 45 minutes says all that needs to be said.

Tyrone were shocking in the second half but the bit in bold is nonsense. It was no worse than the Kildare or Derry performances last year in the league. Or no worse than Laois or Derry in 06 in the championship. There's other games as well that we were equally as bad in.

Apart from the opening game and Kerry second half Tyrone have been very poor in the league and hard to watch at times. Obviously Harte is concentrating on the championship but you'd like to see a bit better in the league. Hopefully he'll name his strongest team for the last couple of games. If we don't improve by next week it could be a hammering to Derry.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: aroundincircles on March 22, 2009, 04:52:15 PM
Fear are you attempting to blame the ref????

Nope, but his 'performance' contributed to very poor fare overall.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...