Obesity in Ireland, What's goin on?

Started by omaghjoe, May 06, 2015, 12:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

In fairness, yer woman looks being stuffed with meat suits her.

But it is a bit odd, even on streak diet would you not have a few mushrooms or something as well, or ketchup?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ballinaman

Those pictures look like something you'd see in a cult pamphlet too...
I've heard of 4 days on steak /eggs only diet and 1 day off of whatever you want to eat but this one seems ridiculous...also, yer man dyes his hair...state of him.

eddie d

Anybody here tried any good diets or recommend any? Not the seafood one but.

omaghjoe

To be fair they do appear to be slighly nuts but that's not the point

The point is that they appear to be completely healthy human beings surving only on meat. It is most likely the way we used to live before civilisation started.

As for the shape of their colons you would think it would not be good, buts that's if you are applying the current accepted science to it. However that is also the point, science assumes that we need to eat fibre to keep our colon happy but do they really know? There are various other isolated populations around the world have similar all meat diets and are perfectly healthy, these are great science experiments that have been taking place for millennia and seem to have completely ignored by science until the past few years.
The only conclusion from comparing those populations and us (with our skyrocketing obesity, heart disease and so on)  is that modern food science has completely failed us. It would appear that they know practically nothing about the relationship our bodies have with food at least not to a level where they should be advising people what to eat.

But with that said that diet would not be for me. One of the main reasons I eat (apart from being hungry of course!) is because I like the foods I eat, eating beef all the time would be incredibly boring

Milltown Row2

Best diets out there is moderation!! I've fish chicken beef during the week, with sweet potato and veg no drink! Weekend I enjoy homemade curry or get the odd takeaway and Sundays usually a roast.... I haven't put any weight on I years, now id regularly exercise too sp it helps...... If you go for the fad diets then you'll end up putting weight on!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2015, 09:42:00 AM
Best diets out there is moderation!! I've fish chicken beef during the week, with sweet potato and veg no drink! Weekend I enjoy homemade curry or get the odd takeaway and Sundays usually a roast.... I haven't put any weight on I years, now id regularly exercise too sp it helps...... If you go for the fad diets then you'll end up putting weight on!!

Exactly. There's an industry making millions off our ignorance and our laziness in terms of preparing food. Reduce the portion size of good quality food and increase our activity and it will be fine. The problem is we're a shower of greedy far bastards who need to be told by someone else how to live our lives. Take f**king responsibility stop eating crap

muppet

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 17, 2015, 09:59:08 AM

Exactly. There's an industry making millions off our ignorance and our laziness in terms of preparing food. Reduce the portion size of good quality food and increase our activity and it will be fine. The problem is we're a shower of greedy far b**tards who need to be told by someone else how to live our lives. Take f**king responsibility stop eating crap

I also think we have had at least a century or two of famine programmed genetically (and certainly culturally) into our make-up. Leaving anything at all on the plate was met with psychological torture not that long ago.
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: muppet on May 17, 2015, 06:15:30 PM

Exactly. There's an industry making millions off our ignorance and our laziness in terms of preparing food. Reduce the portion size of good quality food and increase our activity and it will be fine. The problem is we're a shower of greedy far b**tards who need to be told by someone else how to live our lives. Take f**king responsibility stop eating crap

I also think we have had at least a century or two of famine programmed genetically (and certainly culturally) into our make-up. Leaving anything at all on the plate was met with psychological torture not that long ago.

And our parents not letting us leave the plate empty lol.... Remember sitting over dinner for a hour one time!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2015, 06:52:50 PM

And our parents not letting us leave the plate empty lol.... Remember sitting over dinner for a hour one time!!

Never a problem in my house!!!

Eamonnca1

..and there's childer starving in the world

AZOffaly

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 17, 2015, 08:05:14 PM

..and there's childer starving in the world

Send them the sprouts so!!! <cue slap on the lug>

grounded

The Nutrition and Health Foundation (NHF) are running a course tomorrow ' Obesity prevention through changing behaviour '

http://www.ibec.ie/IBEC/Events.nsf/vPages/Event~obesity-prevention-through-changing-behaviour-10-09-2015?OpenDocument

I suppose the course will be aimed at Health Care Professionals and Government policy makers. I'm not a great one for conspiracy theories, however the listed Stakeholders of NHF make interesting reading!

The Nutrition and Health Foundation (NHF) is a multi-stakeholder partnership.

The following companies support the work of the NHF, both financially and in terms of time given at top executive level to the NHF's committees.

Britvic Ireland  Coca Cola HBC Ireland    Dawn Farm Foods   Glanbia Consumer Foods  Kelkin Limited   Kepak Convenience Foods

Kellogg Company of Ireland Ltd   Largo Foods  Lucozade Ribena Suntory Limited

Mondelez Europe Services Gmbh    Mars Ireland    PepsiCo International 

omaghjoe

Disgraceful >:(

If the government had any backbone they would tax the bejaysus outta them considering the pressure they are putting on an effective and healthy workforce, not to mention the Healthcare system

omaghjoe

Well who's gonna give up their fry on account of the latest about bacon and sausages?

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-34615621

I presume that processed meats includes the black and white puddin too?

Hardy

90% of people don't understand statistics. 75% of the other half only think they do.