Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stpauls

ACFL  Division 3

TULLYLISH 0-13     ST. PAUL's  1-7

greygoose

Quote from: Fíor Gael on April 23, 2007, 09:17:05 PM
Well goose have you a match report for us? I see yis are racking up heavy score lines but yis seem to be leaking quite a few goals!!!

Winning by 10 points with about 5 min to go. Yet this week again in the last 5 min our concentration lapsed and Dundrum scored 1-2. Overall a stop start performance.. We can do much better and in reality only a handful players played any were near their capabilities.... The kilcoo lad worked hard and scored freely for us... Packie was a handful in FF and in defence Ging & the strazz & Niall fitz played well, Midfield for us worked hard but can do much better.. jack was carryin a knock and Dougie worked hard but over done it @ times.... Glenn who beat Mitchels tonight by a point will provide a sterner test on Fri nite.

Square Ball

Teconnaught were really up for this after the JFC, they we quicker to the ball, stronger and won a hell of a lot og 50/50 ball. Bredagh never really got going due to their harrying tactics, one thing that stood out from both teams, the amount of wides kick by both teams, must have been around a 50% sucess rate. Tough next game for Bredagh, Dundrum away.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

An Cloch Scoilte

Liatroim 1-8 Bryansford 0-11

Castlewellan 2-15 Rostrevor 0-9

Big shock in the town game going by this years form.
Liatroim's 3rd successive draw scoring the same amout in each game!!

DownFanatic

Drumgath fully deserved their win tonight. Brannigan was man of the match while Dougie Sheerin done well when he was on the ball. At the back your boy Connolly and that flying machine Fitzpatrick were excellent. I thought Jackie Lynch was quiet while Packie wasnt nearly as effective as he could of been.
Our passing let us down and seemed to provide the basis for your attacks. Yous seemed pretty clinical and didnt miss much.
Your only real weakness I would say is that when teams run at your backline with a quick handpassing game, yous find it hard to deal with.
Anyways the better team won on the night.
PS I hear that that was last game that the county players can play in?

Square Ball

Quote from: DownFanatic on April 23, 2007, 10:06:34 PM

Is this true?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

greygoose

Quote from: Square Ball on April 23, 2007, 10:08:52 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on April 23, 2007, 10:06:34 PM

Is this true?

True.. Friday is the start of the starred games

superblues

DownFanatic

Down ACFL Division 3

Saul 2-12  Ardglass 0-03

Fanatstic result for Saul.

sabhallphadraig

Saul 2-12; Ardglass 0-3  - After a horrible start to the league, I'm chuffed to say Saul really clicked tonight and probably tucked away a few years of frustration in the process. Totally geared up for a hard hitting local derby but in the end even though ecstatic about the win, I was disappointed with Ardglass - a few players with talent if they could keep their mind on the game at hand - 1 red card early on and probably pushing their luck beyond that - they can be so much better than what we saw tonight; Anyway we're not complaining that much :)

Good to see Teconnaught at least followed up their win over us with a great win at Bredagh. This league is pretty even tbh - apart from Drumgath who could pull away from everyone else and I'm gonna refuse to make any predictions as far as my club goes

DownFanatic

Down ACFL Division 3 Results

Saul 2-12  Ardglass 0-03

Drumgath 1-17  Dundrum 2-09

Bosco 0-15  Bright 0-06

Bredagh 0-08  Teconnaught 1-08

Tullylish 0-13  St Pauls 1-07

Glenn beat Mitchels by 1 Pt

DownFanatic

Down ACFL Division 3 Table

Drumgath   8
Tullylish   6
Bosco   6
Bredagh   5
Dundrum  4
Glenn  4
Mitchels  4
Teconnaught  4
Ardglass  3
Saul   2
Bright  1
St Pauls  0

Flat Hedgehog

In Div 2 Darragh Cross beat Carryduff by a point. 0-12 to 1-08.
Knowledge only brings fear.

No1

Div 2

Warrenpoint beat Kilclief by a goal.

Shamrocks beat Ballyholland by a point.

Saval destroyed Downpatrick.

Brick Tamlin

christ my predictions were way off.
what has happened to Clonduff, thats a ridiculous result.
Any reports on the Saval/Dowmpatrick game or the Newry Derby.
No1 What happened my tip for Kilclief youse let me down there.?
Looks like Drumgath do like midweek games after all.