Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: FermGael on May 08, 2020, 10:37:52 PM
Quote from: ONeill on May 08, 2020, 05:39:14 PM
Anyone else brilliant at Fortnite now?
Finally got Wigan Athletic to the promised land of European Champions league winners on Championship manager

Drogheda Utd to the CL semis for me, 01/02 version

ONeill

If we can get parents up to speed with this online learning I reckon we could cull a few thousand teachers. PE and HE first to go.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

FermGael

Quote from: ONeill on June 03, 2020, 01:30:34 PM
If we can get parents up to speed with this online learning I reckon we could cull a few thousand teachers. PE and HE first to go.

At least....
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

johnnycool

Quote from: ONeill on June 03, 2020, 01:30:34 PM

The Yr10 young fella asked for help with quadratic equations for his maths work.

Had to do a wee google as a refresher as it's been a while for me to do those things!

Many parents will be scratching their heads over the next few months with kids in these age groups potentially going to school for 1 or 2 days a week come September.

ONeill

In all honesty, it's really hard to see how Sept will work. My outlook was half optimistic and half reckless... Hope that by August comes the thing is all but gone and we just up sanitation and we're back to as close to normal.

After a few talks today, that looks pie in the sky. This half school/half home thing looks like a logistical nightmare for everyone.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

trailer

f**k but I am over Teachers. Did anybody hear the one on Radio Ulster this morning whinging because she has to predict grades? And they are also blocking the return of schools when it has been shown over and over again that the risk to under 70s is minuscule. Time to get tough. No return to work - furlough and then redundancy.

trailer

Quote from: ONeill on June 04, 2020, 12:10:09 AM
In all honesty, it's really hard to see how Sept will work. My outlook was half optimistic and half reckless... Hope that by August comes the thing is all but gone and we just up sanitation and we're back to as close to normal.

After a few talks today, that looks pie in the sky. This half school/half home thing looks like a logistical nightmare for everyone.

Teachers need to be faced down. They've to much power. Tail is wagging the dog.

trailer

Quote from: hardstation on June 04, 2020, 01:23:08 PM
Yes, let's make all teachers redundant. Trailer (and other parents, according to him) really need a wee message of hope that things will go back to normal some day. This is the opportunity.

Not all just those who refuse to work. There's piles of Teachers. f**k sake there's more teachers out of work than in work.

delgany

Quote from: trailer on June 04, 2020, 01:50:41 PM
Yes, let's make all teachers redundant. Trailer (and other parents, according to him) really need a wee message of hope that things will go back to normal some day. This is the opportunity.

Not all just those who refuse to work. There's piles of Teachers. f**k sake there's more teachers out of work than in work.

The equilvant of 18 300  full time staff are employed  in northern schools.
About 3 000 are on the  sub register. Do the sums !

trailer

Quote from: delgany on June 04, 2020, 06:30:07 PM

Show your working?

armaghniac

Given his disregard for teachers perhaps he can't do sums.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

delgany

Quote from: trailer on June 04, 2020, 10:52:15 PM

Show your working?
Short lesson for today- English Grammar

Show you are working?
Or
Show you're working?

delgany

Quote from: hardstation on June 05, 2020, 11:45:07 AM
Quote from: delgany on June 05, 2020, 11:17:20 AM
Quote from: trailer on June 04, 2020, 10:52:15 PM

Show your working?
Short lesson for today- English Grammar

Show you are working
Or
Show you're working
I think his was a shortened version of "Show your working out" in relation to your reference to sums. Although his question mark could be dubious.

HS - That is a good observation.
https://www.education-ni.gov.uk/publications/teacher-workforce-statistics-201819

I didnt do a personal head count - too busy working ! Having lunch break now

tbrick18

Yeah for me it's worst of both worlds.
The cost of managing it will be very high too.
I'm not sure if I've said it before on this thread, but I think they should have put a full pause on education at all levels for a year. Aim to bring all kids back to school on are around 1year after they were all sent home. It would resolve exam/predicted results issues as everything could pick up where it left off.
The hope would be we are fully on top of the virus by then, or possibly even have a vaccine. So for me it simplifies all the issues with education, and is lower risk with respect to the virus spread.
There's the issue of parents returning to work to contend with but that might be easier managed with employers than all this hassle with part school/part home.

trailer

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 05, 2020, 12:45:07 PM

Yeah for me it's worst of both worlds.
The cost of managing it will be very high too.
I'm not sure if I've said it before on this thread, but I think they should have put a full pause on education at all levels for a year. Aim to bring all kids back to school on are around 1year after they were all sent home. It would resolve exam/predicted results issues as everything could pick up where it left off.
The hope would be we are fully on top of the virus by then, or possibly even have a vaccine. So for me it simplifies all the issues with education, and is lower risk with respect to the virus spread.
There's the issue of parents returning to work to contend with but that might be easier managed with employers than all this hassle with part school/part home.

Here you have it. The cat is out if the bag. Pause a child's education. f**k them. Not a mention of remote teaching, online lessons, nothing. Just pause education. We can have the time off, on full pay, to go golfing, learn to play the guitar and catch up on some Netflix box sets. Teachers are using this as a cover to refuse to go to work. Nothing less, nothing more. The rest of the population has to go to work, some serve on the front line but not precious teachers. We're all in this together, expect some aren't and they're going to prove it.
The risk to children and teachers is absolutely minuscule. Teachers as allegedly "educated" people should realise this.