Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlayWithTheWind

couldnt give such information away with my identity, but i can tell you that the mood in the camp is good and june 3rd cant come quick enough!
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

johnjoe

Who won the two south Antrim feile matches semi-final matches last night. When/where is the final?

Glad to hear the mood in the camp is good, PWTW. Good luck big yin!

aontroim

S. Antrim Féile Final is St. John's v Davitt's - Johnnies had a midfielder sent off for striking - not sure if that rules him out of just next game or county final also.

PlayWithTheWind

any minor results from lastnite?

johnjoe

Thanks Aontroim.

Whats the rules for striking at juvenile level. Surely a straight red for striking means a minimum of one month, regardless of when the south antrim or all county feile final is played?

Finally, is there a date set yet for the all county final, or a venue for that matter?

saffron sam2

Paddy Cunningham out of the game against his native county I believe.  Operation to mend broken bone in his hand not as successful as initally hoped.  Will make it that wee bit more difficult for us.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

rashCharacter

a quick look at the recent posts by Shaws Road pretty much confirms his identity, some ingenious comments.

PlayWithTheWind

Quote from: hardstation on May 04, 2007, 02:26:13 PM
Does anyone think Conor Mc Gourty would be a good replacement? He's a similar type of player to Cunningham, fast and wins a lot of frees and is good at taking them too. Would he be out of his depth?

Paddy is not fast, far from it! if McGourty is out of his depth, then he shouldnt be in the squad for selection

ExiledGael

There's a small mention on the Antrim page of today;s Gaelic Life that CJ has picked up a slight knee ligament injury which will keep him out for around a month, any truth to this? Is Cunningham definitely out? Would love to see a shock here

PlayWithTheWind

For further information regarding QUB Student Sports Clubs contact either Kevin McGourty, the Vice-President for Clubs and Services, (Students' Union Tel: 90973106, su.vpcs@qub.ac.uk)  good man Kevin(shaws road)
well spotted hardstation!

Conor is fine, Hands looks to be out.

saffronman

jesus that McGourty man really is a p***k!

gallsman

CJ wasn't out of his depth against Tipperary! He may be young and still a bit small, but he has more talent than the rest of the forwards in the Antrim squad combined!

gallsman

I wouldn't even dare and suggest it, nor would I try and suggest he'll be scoring 1-4 or 1-5 or whatever he got. However, what we're dealing with hear is picking the six best forwards in Antrim to represent us, and that certainly includes CJ, regardless of the opposition.

PlayWithTheWind

Quote from: gallsman on May 04, 2007, 09:09:17 PM
I wouldn't even dare and suggest it, nor would I try and suggest he'll be scoring 1-4 or 1-5 or whatever he got. However, what we're dealing with hear is picking the six best forwards in Antrim to represent us, and that certainly includes CJ, regardless of the opposition.

good to have you back mc ardle

Its not about picking the best six forwards in the county, its about picking the right forwards (players) to win that game. Young mcgourty is in with a strong chance of starting. Has he not given any clues away to you Gallsman?

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: saffronman on May 04, 2007, 07:39:54 PM
jesus that McGourty man really is a p***k!

One of the biggest you will meet, and that is from a few of the St Galls lads......
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"