Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: Ethan Edwards on March 20, 2007, 09:29:55 PM
Hightower

3 of the 4 players you mentioned, with young CJ being the exception, would surely be automatic selections for Jody if they came onboard and towed the line, IMO Antrim would be a better team with them than without them, they may have attitudes but to question their talent, is unfounded

A manager has to decide who is in charge of the team, him or some players. For fcuks sake if Mc Gourty came back how long would it be until he decided the showers werent warm enough, or that there was too much milk in his tea after training,then he hits speed dial on his phone and gets the Irish News for another "Exclusive Heartbreaker From Kevin"
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Ethan Edwards

Syd I agree with you, what I am saying is that he is a talented footballer, thats all
That'll Be The Day

nrico2006

Agree with hightower, kevin mc gourty hasnt proved or achieved anything at county level, and its not like hes a young cub breaking through at 20/21, hes about 25.  Fair enough he apparently played well in the sigerson final, but thats not county standard - its against boys who are nearly all 4 or 5 years younger than him too.  As mentioned, where was he against fermanagh last summer, or Clare?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

johnjoe

Well at least this thread has got back on to the first page - thought for a few days it was dying.

Hightower, you are entitled to your opinion just like the rest of us, but my earlier point is that we are a damn middling team without the nine players I listed last week. Why have I a feeling you are on the panel, and dont welcome any further opposition to your place.

The bottom line is we dont have anywhere near a panel of 20-25 grade A players at inter county level, and the inclusion of a few of the ones missing would be a big help. I also recognise there is the potential for disruption to the panel, but at the end of the day its Jody`s choice, and he will have to deal with all the pros and cons, including the possible consequences of failure without them.

And lets keep the debate healthy and forget about the ripping off heads stuff, thats for delinquents. Lets move on.

Now on a more serious note, HOW MANY ST JOHNS PLAYERS HAVE BEEN PICKED, BY THE ST JOHNS MANAGEMENT TEAM FOR SATURDAY`S UNDER 21`S VERSUS DERRY!!!!!!!!!

hitzelsperger

Far too many Johnnies men in that set up. Most of them not up to the standard. Meade has been on the panel as last 3 yrs, no harm to the lad but hes not up to it at all, carries to much weight and from what i hear isnt fond of training too much!

The Truth

Quote from: hitzelsperger on March 21, 2007, 02:31:55 PM
Far too many Johnnies men in that set up. Most of them not up to the standard. Meade has been on the panel as last 3 yrs, no harm to the lad but hes not up to it at all, carries to much weight and from what i hear isnt fond of training too much!

I saw Meade hurling last year for St Johns and couldnt believe the size of him, he must be 18st.....What a heap
"We serve neither King nor Kaiser"

johnjoe

I have a gut feeling that two or three St Johns players will make the starting 15, and possibly another one or two introduced during the game.

Thats possibly FIVE in total.

Which is what I have been scared of all along with so many St Johns mentors involved. If this happens this will be nepotism(favouring ones own)of the hiighest order.

Last years last minute debacle was bad enough, with Meade an obvious liability (replaced after 15 minutes after missing the first three balls), but St Johns mentors cant be allowed to get away with it again.

QUESTION? Name a St Johns player who has the known ability to even be on the panel?

Im not for letting this go if it happens. f**king diabolical. Will be the end of that management team!

johnjoe

Went on to the u-21 thread and just saw the team and panel.

That must be a wind up. Cant be the official  team. No Windows, No Franklin, No Pollock, all three played well last year. Wheres Declan O Hagan from St Brigids, another good player from last year?

And there ARE 5 St Johns on the panel, two on the team.

Dick Turpin at least wore a mask. These men are having a laugh - SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS A BAD JOKE.

SlimShady

its no wind up, the team has been named and they train again tonight. I spoke with one of our lads earlier today who confirmed that team.

johnjoe

Pure and unadulterated favouritism of the highest level. Was going to Celtic Park, but sod that now.

O Prey has lost any respect or goodwill that he may have had last year by allowing this to happen. 5 St Johns players, and can anyone tell me which one of them is remotely likely to play senior county football in the next five years? Can ANYONE even tell me which one of them is a real good player !!!!

Five players, three selectors/ backroom team, what chance has the other players got?

What is the crack with Pollock, Franklin, Windows , etc. They are not even listed and I heard they were on the panel. Have to say I dont like this at all. BIG STINK, NOT NICE!

This year group had potential, but looks to be well and truly fucked up.

SlimShady

after the way the Johnnies U21's behaved in the Final in December its an absolute disgrace that anyone involved with that team- players or management- should be let near a county side. in fact i'd go as far to say the management of that team should have faced disciplinary action for allowing their team to behave in such a manner. i wont be near Celtic Park anyway.

Ethan Edwards

JJ you seem a tad upset by this team selection, its not the players fault that they are picked, its the manager's fault and the County Board for selecting the management, surely these selecters didn't become biased overnight, did nobody see this coming, Is it the whole team selection or just the inclusion of the ST Johns lads thats the problem, I personnally dont have enough knowledge of the players invloved to be critical but JJ you seem to have, boycotting the game wont help the Antrim Football Cause,

Slim - your only beef with the selection is that the St John's lads ruffed yous up a bit, hardly seems an objective view, are you happy with rest of the slection
That'll Be The Day

SlimShady

no, its a poor team picked by poor selectors. i could name a better u21 team with ease. yes, there'd be 4 or 5 of that team on that cant be ignored- Crozier, McCann, Hasson, McGourty but theres little else.

Maximus Marillius

QuoteSlim - your only beef with the selection is that the St John's lads ruffed yous up a bit, hardly seems an objective view, are you happy with rest of the slection

A red rag to a bull I think :D :D :D

Maximus Marillius

I was looking through the paper and have just realised that your u21s play Derry in Celtic park and then in the evening ye are hosts to Cavan in the natioanl league. Now theres planning and partnership working at national level for the benefit of Antrim football. Does the county board have any sway.