Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus Marillius

No chat about the ports V St galls on Sunday. is a massive upset on the cards? The Ports played G'ullin in a challenge 2 weeks ago and really put it up to them.

loughshore lad

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on October 03, 2007, 01:37:33 PM
No chat about the ports V St galls on Sunday. is a massive upset on the cards? The Ports played G'ullin in a challenge 2 weeks ago and really put it up to them.

Are you eyeing up a potential derby later on down the line max??  ;)

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: loughshore lad on October 03, 2007, 01:40:16 PM
Quote from: Maximus Marillius on October 03, 2007, 01:37:33 PM

Are you eyeing up a potential derby later on down the line max??  ;)

That would some thought...revenge on St.Galls would be better thou

i am amazed that John Joe has not been on here offering his words of wisdom, especially with the ports

milltown row

Seems very strange that there has been no hype from the ports men on this site, is there a media ban on, no comments on how things are going, Max we played Ballinderry a few weeks ago and beat them, this result means nothing now that they were well and truly dumped by G'ullin

Was this a bad day at the office or are the G'ullin team up to the task?

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: milltown row on October 03, 2007, 03:24:20 PM
Seems very strange that there has been no hype from the ports men on this site, is there a media ban on, no comments on how things are going, Max we played Ballinderry a few weeks ago and beat them, this result means nothing now that they were well and truly dumped by G'ullin

Was this a bad day at the office or are the G'ullin team up to the task?

Any team that has Paddy and Eoin Bradley will take abit of watching. They are well organised and very hungry

imtommygunn

It's very hard to see anything other than a St Galls win. Portglenone have some decent players granted but none of them seemed to ever make the cut of county football whereas St Galls have quite a few who have.

In saying that I think Portglenone have capable enough defenders so young CJ won't score anything like 2-7 and it should be tighter than the Creggan game. I'd love to see Portglenone win, no offense Milltown, but I just can't see it.

ONeill

St Galls will win this by 9-12 points.

Are Lamh Dhearg down yet?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Maximus Marillius

If my memory serves me well I think that the last time they played in the county final it was brutal game. A point in at half time...someting like taht!

milltown row

ports played a very negitive game that day, flooded midfield and defence, we never got out of first gear and were never really troubled. will be totally different this time round (i hope)

i hope Ports come out and try and play football. they ran us close in the league games, and have done over the last few years.

Glensman

As Slim (Where has he really gone?) lambasted me for putting any stock in Portglenone running St Galls close in the league I am inclined to agree with him in this instance.

I pray that this is not the case but if St Galls turn it on, and in a county final they should do, they should run out winners by 8-12 points.

Am hoping for some sort of upset, even running them close, but I fear not.

saffron sam2

Hard to see anything other than a big victory for Naomh Gall.  You can't compare this game with the Glenullen / Ballinderry win, because with the fabulous Baker boys, Glenullen always had a puncher's chance. Portglenone, on the other hand don't have a single forward who would make the St. Gall's forward line.  It;s very nice to see a wee club like Portglenone, who have suffered and continue to suffer from the naked sectarian bigotry of their neighbours, make a county final, but that's all they'll do. Their manager is a failure and was rail-roaded out of his home club and county - what would that say about Antrim football were he to be successful in Aontroim.

However, I detect more than a hint of over confidence down Milltown Row.  If St. Gall's were playing Cargin would Kevin McGourty be starting on the bench. I also could have sworn that I saw a St. Gall's man (wearing a Roma top) at Old Trafford on Tuesday night and the same boyo at Celtic Park 24 hours later.  He was telling anyone who would listen "Didn't I tell you to back Longstone".
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Balboa

Quote from: saffron sam2 on October 05, 2007, 08:12:50 PM
Hard to see anything other than a big victory for Naomh Gall.  You can't compare this game with the Glenullen / Ballinderry win, because with the fabulous Baker boys, Glenullen always had a puncher's chance. Portglenone, on the other hand don't have a single forward who would make the St. Gall's forward line.  It;s very nice to see a wee club like Portglenone, who have suffered and continue to suffer from the naked sectarian bigotry of their neighbours, make a county final, but that's all they'll do. Their manager is a failure and was rail-roaded out of his home club and county - what would that say about Antrim football were he to be successful in Aontroim.

However, I detect more than a hint of over confidence down Milltown Row.  If St. Gall's were playing Cargin would Kevin McGourty be starting on the bench. I also could have sworn that I saw a St. Gall's man (wearing a Roma top) at Old Trafford on Tuesday night and the same boyo at Celtic Park 24 hours later.  He was telling anyone who would listen "Didn't I tell you to back Longstone".

So the fellas that have been busting their balls all year should quietly step aside and let "Shaws Road" slot in, would do wonders for team morale i would imagine.

Balboa

I do a football syndicate at work where the three of us pick a team each and we do a treble, i was thinking of throwing St Galls on top of the 3 teams at 1/4 just to top up the winnings. They are both "steel rods" so wouldnt know any difference.......

milltown row

ciaran mc gourty wont be starting on sunday, and kevin wont be starting on sunday either, simple.

the team thats played most of the championship will line out the same, paddy flan at corner back is the only change due to injury

everybody has us up by 9/10 points it will be closer than that, trust me.

our lads are playing well but this is a one off, anything can happen.

Our Nail Loney

Any scores lads? Have good bit money riding on this.