Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glensman

Cheers girt.

Are the semi final pairings known yet then?

Glenavy, Dunloy, Ballymena, Lamh Dearg...is that it?

snowygael

ballymena v donloy
glenavy v st endas
dates tbc

milltown row

game was over before half time last night, Creegan were really poor, second half we did not have to play at all, no intensity needed and the game slowed right down.

the final is not for another 6 weeks, what are these lads meant to do for 6 weeks? crazy.

will moran be with them next year or will he bugger off to a county team somewhere?

tintin25

Lads, who you reckon would be favourites for the Intermediate football title in Antirm?

milltown row

is the football that boring at the minute that nobody wants to talk about it?

imtommygunn

It's pretty bad Milltown - you guys have it all sewn up and the manner of Creggan's defeat given how well they've been going is pretty demoralising for us all as you're miles above all of us!

I would expect you to win the final by about 5 or 6.

milltown row

if we get into our stride then yes i'd say we could win by a lot more than 6/7

the last time we played Portglenone they stiffled our game for most of the match but never really looked like out scoring us.

creegan played better football in the second (ok game was dead) half when they started to play a more open and direct game, this may also make more space for our forwards as a result but what do you do ? double team CJ? do that and you leave Karl Stewart free who can score as much as CJ the two lads are really on form at the minute and the rest of the lads are chipping in with scores.

i think if the ports want to win this this should be the way they go. worry about your own tactics and concentrate on what will win it for you. cj and karl will get the ball regardless.

snowygael

I would have to fancie ballymena for the IFC.
Think the semi final with donloy will be very tight but with ballymena coming out on top to meet st endas in the final

Maximus Marillius

I was sure JJ would have been on here singing the ports praises...maybe he is feeling a little blue

girt_giggler

Quote from: snowygael on August 31, 2007, 02:00:55 AM
Think the semi final with donloy will be very tight but with ballymena coming out on top to meet st endas in the final

aww, great to see a senior member of his own team fancying their own chances on an internet forum!   ;)  ;D

In all seriousness I wish All Saints well

PlayWithTheWind

Quote from: girt_giggler on August 31, 2007, 10:41:05 AM
Quote from: snowygael on August 31, 2007, 02:00:55 AM

aww, great to see a senior member of his own team fancying their own chances on an internet forum!   ;)  ;D

In all seriousness I wish All Saints well

snowygael and snowy (sean mcveigh) intrested in the IFC  and backing Saints all the way  :o maybe im wrong  ;D
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

aontroim

snowygael is paddy logan in disguise  ;)

snowygael

well someone asked  the opinions of this  forum regarding the IFC and i gave mine honestly it doesn matter if its my club or not we have a great chance.

behind the wire

il go for ballymena too, even though i know nothing about antrim football. went all the way up there during pre season for a friendly only to find pitch unplayable. looked like a good outfit though.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

snowygael

the pitch wasn greatt that day but we still wanted to play it but your team decided not to. but thanks for the support