Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culchy1

ye he did do a very gud job way loup they were beat by an excellent ballinderry team
dont think kilrea were that impressed by him though, thats not to say h cudnt do a job for ports

anyone herd any other rumours bout managers/players
heard glenravel an rasharkin are lookin for mcgettigan to take them !

johnjoe

Culchie, nothing for or against Delargy, but his Kilrea record was particulary impressive. Something like 19th to 5th in three seasons! Three years at any club is a long time, and you arnt going to be everyones friend at the end of it, so it would depend on who you were talking too. How they do last year without him? If he cant resolve his differences with Portglenone, then I cant see him struggling to find a decent club. There isnt exactly a large queue out there of people qualified to do these jobs, or willing to take all sorts of abuse from all sorts of people! Portglenones loss could be someone elses gain!
Hugh Mc gettigan is a great lad, good coach, organiser and motivator, but he would need to be very keen, or the money would need to be very good to take Glenravel or Rasharkin. JC back in at Cargin. Mc Toal hard at it already at St Pauls. Moran at Creggan.Any word out there at St Galls or Lamd Derg?

SlimShady

JC back in is he?! You know more than I do JohnJoe. It hasn't been confirmed but I expect it to happen all the same.

johnjoe

Slim, was talking to a top Cargin man last nite and as you say, JC is nailed on for another year - unless he dosent want it, and that dosent sound like john charles, does it!

On another subject, sounds like CJ had some game yesterday. Have to say he is a real talent. Milltown,how good was he yesterday, and one more question. Would you have won without him?

Finally, see the milky bar kid is back in town. Is this a step forward or backwards, or does no-one really give a xxxx!

culchy1

did anything come outta the county convention in toome yesterday !

milltown row

Was not at match yesterday, Christmas tree going up and all that, but was in club that night lads said that the weather played a big part in the game, the Naomh Gall lads dealt with it better. CJ apparently scored his best goal every. I'd say that this team that's playing in the St Paul's tournament is not the best that we have had over recent years but they could do better than the teams of the past. CJ is a big part of the team but they are not a one man team. He only plays on the full forward line, the ball needs to put up there. Burkey, Harbinson, Gribben and a few others make this team solid.

Maximus Marillius

Delargy was seen as a clown in the Loup, explaining why he is not there this year. Ye would think that if he was decent and after getting to a county final his services would have been retained.

johnjoe

Max, sure every Antrim person is seen as ac clown in Derry football. Thats just typical of your arrogant Derry attitude. the same one that saw your own club STUFFED by St galls last year. Didnt Delargy take an Antrim u-21 team down to the Loup earlier last year and bossed Derry about like rag dolls. Incidentally was talking to Paul Mc Flynn recently and he said that Delargy wasnt popular at times at the Loup because he tried to change their style of play, but overall he was "quite good" and finished strongly. No matter what, after a year there he would surely be a better all round manager for the experience.
100 posts in a few weeks, Max. You must be one really sad f**k. Now do us all a favour and f**k off back to the Derry board, or we will go on there and talk about all the crap Derry coaches working in Antrim. By the way, whats your own managerial CV like?

Good to see St Galls fly the flag for Antrim yesterday. Think we should all get behind them for the St Pauls tournament.

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: johnjoe on December 04, 2006, 01:57:55 PM
your own club STUFFED by St galls last year.

Two points in an Ulster final is hardly a stuffing. St Galls are a good team.It was a close fought game with our keeper handing the galls a goal that made the difference. Enlighten me as to the successful club you reside in.  I never said anything in my last post about Antrim...R u delargy in deguise...very tou

SlimShady

I agree, an unwritten rule of the board should be you cant slag off someones club and not reveal what club you're from yourself.

So, JohnJoe, either shite or get off the pot!

culchy1

was just wonderin, what does anyone think the county team wud be next year if u had 2 pick it from the trainin panel?

heres my startin fifteen!

1. s mcgreevy , 2.s mcveigh , 3.a mclean , 4.j loughrey , 5. t scullion , 6.p doherty , 7.s devlin , 8.j quinn , 9. m mccann , 10. c close , 11.k brady , 12. j crozier , 13. p cunningham , 14. m dougan , 15. m rea.

SlimShady

not a bad team, havent seen much of this guy rea though i hear he's good.

Dont be surprised if Crozier doesnt attend the panel at all. He's still playing the club season and has had a hectic year, might need a break.

johnjoe

Slim, Crozier was on fire earlier in the year, but he has def been quiet in recent games. Was on the missing list against Clontibret and the Lamhs. Bit of class, but def needs a few months rest.

Close a RFF not a no 12, play Cunningham as FF. Dougan there or thereabouts if he puts the work in, and Magill a cert if he really wants it. No Niblock either, thats strange, he is an unreal ball winner, but I suppose he didnt go to the trials! Paul Doc better at Full back, and dont be surprised if Tony Convery is back after Christmas fer CHB. Was Sean Kelly on that team?

culchy1

sorry johnjoe why are u questionin the selection- my startin fifteen from the trainin panel as in the one that jody gormley pook from those who attended trainin eg. 8 from creggan and 3 from stgalls. as for magill he 2 busy gettin his agent 2 get him a bigger signin on fee from portglenyin, think a years supply of buckfast shud clinch the deal!

milltown row