Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrivatePile

Have to go with Slim on this one, "pride" ? maybe some of the players should have shown a bit more against Derry and they wouldnt be in this heap of shite competition, there should be a media ban put on the Eddie Murphy Cup and hopefully it will go away.

Balboa

I wonder how CJ will cope with the overnight stay in Kilkenny? Just a thought, maybe the oul boy or Shaws Rd could bring the bedtime stories book with them.....

The Real SlimShady

K O'Boyle hospitalised with suspected dislocated showlder last night in Gort namona game. horrible blow for him, just gettin back really.

G O'Boyle sent off also.

Glensman

Can anyone fire the results up here from last night's games...again can't get on it at work.

Not sure if there was a lack of pride against Derry...a lack of quite a few others things fair enough.

Shame about Kevin O'Boyle.
G'OBoyle sent off for striking? Back for championship then?

NICSSA

Wednesday 27th June 2007

Division 1 Football

St. Johns  2-6 2-14 Creggan Kickhams
Cargin  1-13 1-6 Gort Na Mona 
St. Pauls  3-9 1-13 St. Galls   
Dunloy  1-2 2-13 Portglenone 

Division 2 Football

St. Brigids B 1-10 0-6 Glenravel   
Rasharkin  1-7 2-7 St. Endas
Sarsfields  0-11 1-8 Aghagallon     
Davitts  1-4 2-13 Rossa   
All Saints  3-10 0-12 Mc Dermotts   

Glensman

Cheers.

Handy enough wins for Creggan, Cargin and Portglenone. St Galls run close by St Pauls.

And Division 2...St Enda's must be going rightly to beat Rasharkin. Good wins for Ballymena and Rossa. St Brigids decent result against Glenravel.

Anyone at any of the games last night then?

The Real SlimShady

as far as i can see St Galls wer more than run close- they wer beat!

St Pauls wont b the pushover a lot of wans think they wil b come c'ship time. the nxt few weeks they'll b startin to shape up. wont b an easy game for us.

Glensman

fcuk so they were...I don't function till lunchtime.
Great result for them.

johnjoe

Headin off to Sligo tomorrow with the county representaties in the Feile Peil nOg, Sean Stinsons.

They are worthy county champions, as most who have seen them in action will agree.

In a tough group, division three, with eleven other teams, including the county champions of Monaghan, Sligo, Roscommon,westmeath, offaly, Louth, Fermanagh,Limerick, Carlow and Leitrim.

Will report back on their progress on Monday. Have a nice weekend!

Ruairi Og exile

Antrim 3-32 Kilkenny 1-0. I have dreamed about that score since I was a boy  ;D

Antrim win a football match by 38 points & nothing on this thread about it.

Burn the sticks

The Real SlimShady

probably cos nobody really gives a flying fcuk about a trouncing of Kilkenny!

(a team which contained at least 1 player who didnt know he was playing until the morning of the game and hadnt played a Gaelic Football match in years and NEVER played for Kilkenny!!)

imtommygunn

Pollock, D OHagan and MGaule came on.

Who's D O'Hagan - I assume that's the St Brigids boy? Gees I'd not have thought that boy was near county standard if it's the same boy, no harm to him..

M.Gault?? No idea who that is - anyone know??

Good to see Dougan back on the panel.(He was away wasn't he). He's a useful forward that boy.

The Real SlimShady

MGaule should read M Magill, for certain. all subs bar 2 got on.

CSC

Slim
I was on the hoganstand website and I see Cargin are getting a wee bit of criticism over their handling of young O'Boyle. Is it warranted?
When O'Boyle dislocated and broke his collarbone, was the challenges abnormal or were you surprised that O'Boyle got hurt?

Just interested, not throwing accusations at Cargin. I know that Darrell Martin went through hell for a couple of seasons due to a dislocated shoulder, but in the long run it made him a better player as he went through a rigorous strength development program that stood by him in later years. I think that the same is possible for Kevin

The Real SlimShady

Quote from: CSC on July 02, 2007, 04:33:22 PM
Slim
I was on the hoganstand website and I see Cargin are getting a wee bit of criticism over their handling of young O'Boyle. Is it warranted?
When O'Boyle dislocated and broke his collarbone, was the challenges abnormal or were you surprised that O'Boyle got hurt?

Just interested, not throwing accusations at Cargin. I know that Darrell Martin went through hell for a couple of seasons due to a dislocated shoulder, but in the long run it made him a better player as he went through a rigorous strength development program that stood by him in later years. I think that the same is possible for Kevin

get a grip. the 'challenge' in the u21 final was more of an assault by a St Johns player. and his latest injury couldnt have been helped with weights, steroids, shoulder pads etc etc etc, it was just a very very unlucky incident! to put any blame on Cargin for this is the height of idiocy.