The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dubinhell

Cough cough

http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=GAA

And when somebody starts showing live football outside of Ireland then i'll stop using this ;)

thejuice

Quote from: Death Valley on May 12, 2008, 04:44:07 PM
Good to have the music back, even if its a gay version of its former self.

Yeah, its not as good as the original, theres some backing vocals on it from what I heard that just dont sit right. Like some blokes humming the tune in the back-ground
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

mylestheslasher

Quote from: thejuice on May 13, 2008, 01:02:48 PM

Yeah, its not as good as the original, theres some backing vocals on it from what I heard that just dont sit right. Like some blokes humming the tune in the back-ground

I don't know Juice, some people just can't let GAA tv shows move on. ;)

thejuice

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 14, 2008, 10:15:46 PM
Quote from: thejuice on May 13, 2008, 01:02:48 PM

I don't know Juice, some people just can't let GAA tv shows move on. ;)

Hey you! stop that,

Watched it last night online, it would be a big improvement if they just got rid of Spillane, all the graphics and new studio layouts wont make a difference if he's there.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ziggysego

The noise when a graphic pops up on screen annoys me, but the view above is stupid. Other than that, looks good.
Testing Accessibility

Minder

A piece of incisive analysis from Tommy Lyons after the Wicklow v Kildare game "Like, you know....like" Tremendous stuff.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seany

ALl of it is terrible apart from the bit of graphic stuff that Tohill did.  Remember, these muppets have the benefit of five hours to ponder what they are going to say and you'd swear it was the first time they'd thought about it when asked the first question.
Dreadful.  No incisive analysis. Joanne Cantwell made about three errors in her first sentence.  And who decided it was a good iidea to have her and Tohill sitting in the background as a distraction.  Give me cheap and cheerful BBC any day.  At least McHugh and Burns know the game and look interested in what they are talking about.   

TacadoirArdMhacha

Someone tell Tommy Lyons Armagh didn't win their last 2 games in the League. I know everyone makes mistakes but when your an analyst basing your opinion on a team's championship chances on inaccurate facts, there's something seriously wrong.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

johnpower

Hard to criticise the Sunday game at this stage when most of the games are shite due to mismatches and teams not been fully match fit .

Give it time folks hopefully the games get better when Ulster and Leinster have the quarter finals . What do people think of the suggestion Carlow should not be in the championship ?

Bogball XV

Quote from: Seany on May 18, 2008, 10:17:45 PM
ALl of it is terrible apart from the bit of graphic stuff that Tohill did.  Remember, these muppets have the benefit of five hours to ponder what they are going to say and you'd swear it was the first time they'd thought about it when asked the first question.
Dreadful.  No incisive analysis. Joanne Cantwell made about three errors in her first sentence.  And who decided it was a good iidea to have her and Tohill sitting in the background as a distraction.  Give me cheap and cheerful BBC any day.  At least McHugh and Burns know the game and look interested in what they are talking about.   
So which Sunday Game analysts don't know the game? 

Zulu

I think yer being a bit harsh there lads, it's not faultless but I'm not sure what you can expect in the small window of opportunity analysts get to speak. I can't understand why there isn't a mid week show that allows analysts to review the previous games in more detail and preview the upcoming games. With a phone and text in aspect to the show it could lead to some interesting discussions.

QuoteGive it time folks hopefully the games get better when Ulster and Leinster have the quarter finals . What do people think of the suggestion Carlow should not be in the championship ?

Not sure about that but the provincial format for the championship has outlived it's usefulness and needs to go. The power brokers in the GAA need to take the bull by the horns here and try to change the way we run our inter county competitions.

GaryColemansLeftPeg

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on May 18, 2008, 10:31:31 PM
Someone tell Tommy Lyons Armagh didn't win their last 2 games in the League. I know everyone makes mistakes but when your an analyst basing your opinion on a team's championship chances on inaccurate facts, there's something seriously wrong.

Pea Brain.

Stop making this a statto board - a mistake fair enough, but lets take it more seriously than that.

As it is said "Without gorwing Crops a man can't harvest in Winter, Summer or for his matchday sunday"

I think we all should think about this before criticising.

A man who criticises walks on "the other Bridge from me", Which Armagh man said that then lads?

GalwayBayBoy

I think Tommy Lyons is used to make all the other pundits look good.

magpie seanie

QuoteI think Tommy Lyons is used to make all the other pundits look good.

He really is the most annoying and useless pundit possible.

Maguire01

They've stopped the graphics moving behind Spillane's head = good.
They still insist on the shots from above = still hilarious.