Laois Senior Hurling Championship 2019

Started by The PRO, February 28, 2019, 09:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merman

To be fair to Scully, a lot of the frees he scored are the result of his own work. He gets special attention because he is such a prolific finisher.
I think it was telling that the CB foul-count was so high in spite of the referee trying to let things go; certainly moreso than in the second game. The final will be a more open game and I think that might suit BK.

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

there was certainly a sense of poetic justice about roddys winner yesterday. if you study that youtube clip of the decisive goal, the justice is magnified when you identify the camross player closest to roddy when he strikes....the karma.

on the balance rathdowney were lucky, but you take the breaks in all sports.

c/b are the great underachievers of this era, far too profligate in the first half when they had the upperhand....if they had a free taker like scully, they would have triumphed.

no sure on the final, all here so far are saying B/K are favs, the bookies disagree and powers/boyles are 4/7 rathdowney, 6/4 bk.  Not one I would call.

best player in the two games yesterday was joe campion, great to see him back to his best, and ideal centre forward material was Laois hurlers in 2020.

LOVEGAA

I think the final is going to be very close and will possibly come down to which free taker is on top form on the day

Mossy Bruce

Does Midlands Radio ever broadcast club finals?
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

steven seagal

They do Mossy, you could be nearly guaranteed there will be live commentary on it. Rathdowney-Errill and Borris-Kilcotton met in the 2016 final and it was one of the best games of hurling I've ever seen, here are the highlights from the game, worth a look!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2LKf77iCMo

The only down side from your point of view would be that, if The Harps win tonight, the Senior B final probably won't be broadcast.

The PRO

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on October 07, 2019, 05:52:19 PM
Yes, but if there's a junior b camogie final on in Offaly, it might just be a few reports every 15 minutes...

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: The PRO on October 07, 2019, 06:12:20 PM
Quote from: Mossy Bruce on October 07, 2019, 05:52:19 PM
Yes, but if there's a junior b camogie final on in Offaly, it might just be a few reports every 15 minutes...
Haha! That's what I figured.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Unlaoised

Two disappointing games of hurling to stay in line on a disappointing championship after all the hype about our hurlers in the summer .

Hopefully the final can bring an improved standard
LAOIS ABÚ

TheGiantSquid

A very whistle happy referee picked for the final, hope it doesnt spoil what should be a cracker.

burdizzo

They tend to be whistle-happy in this county, a lot of them.

Neutralobserver

i think it will be a more open game of hurling as what we saw in both semi finals as camross and c/b pretty defensive minded. again depends on underfoot and overhead conditions

Zooming around

Hopefully we'll get a repeat of the classic from a few years ago.

Mad Mentor

Quote from: Zooming around on October 09, 2019, 04:54:43 PM
Hopefully we'll get a repeat of the classic from a few years ago.
Hopefully with a different result. ;D

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: steven seagal on October 07, 2019, 06:07:19 PM
They do Mossy, you could be nearly guaranteed there will be live commentary on it. Rathdowney-Errill and Borris-Kilcotton met in the 2016 final and it was one of the best games of hurling I've ever seen, here are the highlights from the game, worth a look!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2LKf77iCMo

The only down side from your point of view would be that, if The Harps win tonight, the Senior B final probably won't be broadcast.
I'm not sure how I missed you post, here, but I did. Thanks for this link to the 2016 highlights!

Yeah, I figured anything other than a Senior final would not get broadcast.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

blueandwhite1

Quote from: TheGiantSquid on October 08, 2019, 09:21:52 PM
A very whistle happy referee picked for the final, hope it doesnt spoil what should be a cracker.

Strong chance it will destroy the game. It will be all about free takers.