Tipperary v Mayo, Round 2 Qualifier, Semple Stafium. 23/6/18.

Started by Mayo4Sam14, June 11, 2018, 10:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tippabu

Quote from: Owenmoresider on June 20, 2018, 10:03:03 AM
Quote from: tippabu on June 20, 2018, 08:28:42 AM
This is from the league game this year against Wexford, I'm sure one will be put on mayo pages for this game but it will probably be pretty much the same......

Important Notice for Supporters attending Semple Stadium Saturday evening
February 15, 2018/in County /
Supporters travelling to Semple Stadium this Sat evening for Tipp v Wexford should be aware that there will be no parking adjacent to the Stadium except you have an official car pass. Barriers will be erected and traffic will be stopped on the immediate approach roads to the Stadium.

Car Parking facilities are available at LIT Thurles (on the Nenagh Road), Thurles Greyhound Stadium (opp the entrance to Ardáin Ui Riain). VEC Grounds (Beside entrance to Ardáin Uí Riain). Parnell St Car Park , Liberty Square Car Park, St Patricks College (opp Cathedral), Munster Hotel Car Park (opp Cathedral).

Patrons are also advised that The Dome will be open from 5pm for live TV and Bar facilities, so our advice is to come early, park up and relax in the comfortable hospitality of Semple Stadium.

Tim Floyd
Rúnaí Choiste Chontae
Tiobráid Árann
secretary.tipperary@gaa.ie
If you park out along the Nenagh Road near the racecourse you should be fine though? Typical of the way we get screwed over acrfoss the board now, won't let you park in reasonable spots (not obviously blocking junctions/exits etc.) but instead offer you car parks where they'll charge you for the privilege. Were at the same crap in Galway a few weeks ago. Had parked in the Crokes AC car park after a Tipp game a few years ago and took well over an hour to get out, never again.

I haven't a clue to tell you the truth, I'm always parking the opposite side and walking In from the square. Guards to have roads blocked and should have cones out defining exactly were you shouldn't be parking but wouldn't know enough to give you a clear yes or no answer.

AZOffaly

Parking out the Nenagh Road is fine. There are numerous little €5 car parks in fields, but you'll see a pile of people on both sides of the road all the way up from Thurles Crokes AC (which is a big car park itself) all the way out to the Newport/Borrisileigh junction on the Nenagh road.

rosnarun

will parking be much of an issue 10 K would be a good crowd at a match like this . thurles would be used to dealing with much more surely?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Maroon Manc

Beffs

Quote from: rosnarun on June 20, 2018, 11:42:47 AM
will parking be much of an issue 10 K would be a good crowd at a match like this . thurles would be used to dealing with much more surely?

There was barely 8000 at the Limerick game and that is a handy spin down the motorway for a lot of Mayo folk. The longer trip time to Thurles, will affect the Mayo attendance imo. The Tipp footballers are very badly supported within Tipp, so I'd be very, very surprised if there are 10,000 at the game, never mind more than that.

tippabu

Quote from: Beffs on June 20, 2018, 11:59:07 AM

There was barely 8000 at the Limerick game and that is a handy spin down the motorway for a lot of Mayo folk. The longer trip time to Thurles, will affect the Mayo attendance imo. The Tipp footballers are very badly supported within Tipp, so I'd be very, very surprised if there are 10,000 at the game, never mind more than that.

Id be surprised if 10k wasn't the minimum who'll be at it. Over 8000 at the limerick game which was a nothing game, tipp at least are a team who mayo will rate but still fully expect to beat. How many season tickets do mayo have? I know it's the full allocation and they'll need to keep up attendance for a final ticket if they get there. There will be a good tipp crowd at this one too, no where near the mayo one though

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on June 21, 2018, 11:45:13 AM
Anywhere decent to eat between Thurles and Limerick?
There's Finnegans just off the motorway at Castletroy, was decent the one time I was in it. There's not much down the Newport side probably, if you ventured towards Nenagh you'd have a better choice I'd say.

clonadmad

rosnarun

Quote from: tippabu on June 20, 2018, 12:29:08 PM
Quote from: Beffs on June 20, 2018, 11:59:07 AM

Id be surprised if 10k wasn't the minimum who'll be at it. Over 8000 at the limerick game which was a nothing game, tipp at least are a team who mayo will rate but still fully expect to beat. How many season tickets do mayo have? I know it's the full allocation and they'll need to keep up attendance for a final ticket if they get there. There will be a good tipp crowd at this one too, no where near the mayo one though
I think there will be a bit of semple stadium factor as well I haven't been at at match there since mayo lost to kerry in an under 21 final . after reseach I see it was 1995 ,
2 amazing teams kerry had d murphy daragh o sheah johnny Crowley d o cinnedie etc
and mayo had
John Madden; Fergal Costello,  Ray Connelly; Tony Corcoran, Kenneth Mortimer,  David Brady, John Casey  David Nestor David Tiernan
As well as out 2 current medics Liam and seann moffatt
no wonder it went to s replay let hope the quality is as good tomorrow
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Horse Box

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 20, 2018, 11:11:45 AM
Parking out the Nenagh Road is fine. There are numerous little €5 car parks in fields, but you'll see a pile of people on both sides of the road all the way up from Thurles Crokes AC (which is a big car park itself) all the way out to the Newport/Borrisileigh junction on the Nenagh road.

A right Hoor of a place to get out of after a game !

Horse Box

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 20, 2018, 11:43:37 AM
Any of the hurlers join up with the panel?

Speaking to a lad in the know lately and he tells me if Tipp get over Mayo there is the chance that at least 2 individuals will be called in !

seafoid

Quote from: Horse Box on June 22, 2018, 01:38:27 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 20, 2018, 11:11:45 AM

A right Hoor of a place to get out of after a game !
You can sing that
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU