Previous topic - Next topic

tippabu

And condolences to Kevin o Driscoll

seafoid

Mean reversion
HT: Tipperary 0-4 1-8 Cork

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tatler Jack

Cork 7 up at half time- 1-8 to 0-4. Luke Connolly 5 pts from play.

Latest Cork 1-17 Tipp  0-9 Final Score.

Laoiseabu

Well didn't I tell Ye to look out for Cork ? Not as far behind Kerry as people think

shark

cornetto

They said on the radio tipp were very bad, anything to do with the one week turn around?

Avondhu star

A lot of the "experts" weren't giving Cork a chance of even making the Super 8s( I hate that bloody term) They are underachievers but surely still in the top 8
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: cornetto on May 26, 2018, 11:29:11 PM
They said on the radio tipp were very bad, anything to do with the one week turn around?

They hardly extended themselves against Waterford too much last week. Probably just a bad day at the office. It happens.

Hound

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 27, 2018, 03:10:24 AM

They hardly extended themselves against Waterford too much last week. Probably just a bad day at the office. It happens.
The real issue with Kearns complaints wasn't the 6 day turnaround, it was that an extra week would have meant two important players would have been that bit fitter.
The Waterford game was grand preparation, a chance to fine tune things before the real stuff. Cork would have been playing an A v B game at around the same time. But perhaps it got into the Tipp lads' heads, or maybe as you say it was simply a bad day at the office.

Cunny Funt

A real WTF result even now when i look at the Cork team that started as it wasn't strong on paper and they had some of their better players subs. That was like the Tipp of old, question is can they pick the chins off the floor and recover in the qualifiers now ?

Horse Box

Quote from: Hound on May 27, 2018, 07:30:57 AM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 27, 2018, 03:10:24 AM

The real issue with Kearns complaints wasn't the 6 day turnaround, it was that an extra week would have meant two important players would have been that bit fitter.
The Waterford game was grand preparation, a chance to fine tune things before the real stuff. Cork would have been playing an A v B game at around the same time. But perhaps it got into the Tipp lads' heads, or maybe as you say it was simply a bad day at the office.

I was at the Waterford game and despite scoring 20 Points something in the Tipp play seemed off , a lack of cohesion I suppose . Plenty of work for Tipp to do in the next month but they are decent Players and I expect us to rally !

tippabu

Quote from: Avondhu star on May 26, 2018, 11:51:51 PM
A lot of the "experts" weren't giving Cork a chance of even making the Super 8s( I hate that bloody term) They are underachievers but surely still in the top 8

I think everyone was fully correct to think that, look at Corks results and performances the last 3 years or so, theyve been awful. Brilliant performance against mayo which the lost and big win last night they are the only two games that spring to my mind league or championship they performed to their reputation so id have to disagree that there was anything to show or suggest cork were a top 8 team.

tippabu

That was one of the worst displays weve given in a very very long time. First and foremost playing this match one week after we had to play waterford was a disgrace and should never have happened and munster ccc should be ashamed but make no mistake about it that turnaround had no bearing what so ever on the result. We were awful, there were no positives at all to take. It was performance that came out of the blue, we have great potential but theres alot of work to be done between now and the qualifier, I just cant see us being as bad again. Cork were good but we also made them look better than they are, it would be great for the championship to see them beat kerry (providing they get over clare) in the munster final as its badly needed. We have to shake off that match and go again

Maroon Manc

Quote from: shark on May 26, 2018, 11:06:11 PM
Luke Connolly is the real deal.

He's got plenty of talent but his decision making at times is awful which in fairness should improves as he matures. Lets hope Cork can put it up to Kerry next month.

Pleased to hear Colm O'Neill's injury isn't too serious, clearly not the player he was but still has some record of scoring goals.

mup

Delighted to see Cork football on the up. Treated as second class in their own county at all levels.