Passport question

Started by Fear Boirche, May 26, 2016, 11:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Boirche

I'm filling on my passport renewal form and there's a space for a PPSN. I live the north so only have a National Insurance Number. I can't remember what I put down the last time - it was 10 years ago! Not sure what and can't get through on the phone to the passport office.

charlieTully

Quote from: Fear Boirche on May 26, 2016, 11:19:16 PM
I'm filling on my passport renewal form and there's a space for a PPSN. I live the north so only have a National Insurance Number. I can't remember what I put down the last time - it was 10 years ago! Not sure what and can't get through on the phone to the passport office.

You just leave it blank. Only applies to people in the 26.

take_yer_points

Lads, what's the handiest way to get to the passport office in Dublin? I'm coming from the north. Planning to be that direction around 7.30am on Wednesday morning. Cheers

Boycey

Quote from: take_yer_points on October 02, 2017, 02:41:06 PM
Lads, what's the handiest way to get to the passport office in Dublin? I'm coming from the north. Planning to be that direction around 7.30am on Wednesday morning. Cheers

Is it back in Molesworth St or still at temporary location?

Antrim Coaster

Think you can actually renew online. Just need to send a photograph. Check out Irish Passport on Twitter.

JoG2

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on October 02, 2017, 02:48:29 PM
Think you can actually renew online. Just need to send a photograph. Check out Irish Passport on Twitter.

You upload the photo online a well. I renewed mine ( I was travelling at a time with less than 6 months on my passport). New passport arrived within a week of the online renewal. Applied June of this year

take_yer_points

Quote from: Boycey on October 02, 2017, 02:47:08 PM
Quote from: take_yer_points on October 02, 2017, 02:41:06 PM

Is it back in Molesworth St or still at temporary location?

Think it's at Knockmaun House, 42-47, Lower Mount Street, Dublin 2.

Online wasn't an option - it was a renewal for my wife and she was changing her name. You can't do that online

Boycey

I travel regularly to the Mespil Hotel which is pretty close to there, you could do the Port Tunnel and Eastlink bridge but that'll set you back an extra €13 at that hour of the day... We come in the M1 and N1 and keep heading for the City Centre through Whitehall, Drumcondra then turn down Gardiner St. At the bottom of Gardiner St turn left and follow the road across the Liffey ,keeping left over the bridge as the traffic splits. That takes you down City Quay, at the 1st main junction turn right onto Westland Row follow it straight up until you see Merrion Sq on the left, turn left before the Square this should be Mount Street ahead.

Its usually 10/10.30 when I make this trip so traffics not bad, I can't vouch for what its like at 7AM

take_yer_points

Quote from: Boycey on October 02, 2017, 03:24:22 PM
I travel regularly to the Mespil Hotel which is pretty close to there, you could do the Port Tunnel and Eastlink bridge but that'll set you back an extra €13 at that hour of the day... We come in the M1 and N1 and keep heading for the City Centre through Whitehall, Drumcondra then turn down Gardiner St. At the bottom of Gardiner St turn left and follow the road across the Liffey ,keeping left over the bridge as the traffic splits. That takes you down City Quay, at the 1st main junction turn right onto Westland Row follow it straight up until you see Merrion Sq on the left, turn left before the Square this should be Mount Street ahead.

Its usually 10/10.30 when I make this trip so traffics not bad, I can't vouch for what its like at 7AM

Good man, thanks a million

bogball88

Quote from: hardstation on May 26, 2016, 11:26:36 PM
Just put down:
FTPPSNI
;D

Olly

What does it begin with?
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Horse Box

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on October 02, 2017, 02:48:29 PM

Don`t even have to send a photo , get your photo taken in one of those Machines in Tesco and you get a code . I renewed mine online on Wednesday , had it delivered in the Post on Monday ! I live in the Free State btw ! !

take_yer_points

Quote from: take_yer_points on October 02, 2017, 06:07:13 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 02, 2017, 03:24:22 PM

Good man, thanks a million

Those directions were spot on, thanks again. Made it to the passport office a minute or two before 9 and was out again by 10 past. Came home using the port tunnel and was back in Belfast for 11

GJL

I just done an online application. Really handy! Anyone applied recently? How long until it arrives?

Minder

Quote from: GJL on April 27, 2018, 09:32:43 PM
I just done an online application. Really handy! Anyone applied recently? How long until it arrives?

I did it in February, took about two weeks, probably longer at this time of the year. I also applied for the weans two weeks ago in the post office and they are due to arrive on 15 May.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"