Never judge a book by its cover

Started by Square Ball, April 12, 2009, 07:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on May 30, 2009, 09:53:55 PM
There's something not right with Susan Boyle!

That's because she has learning difficulties

Archie Mitchell

Read earlier she's in line to make a fortune. Probably best someone different won it as the singers will make it on their own anyway. The dance groups will have some success, but not as much as Susan Boyle will have. Was disappointed Stavros Flatley wasn't in top 3. Would like to see the rankings for all 10 acts tonight to see where they were placed.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gawa316 on May 30, 2009, 10:06:28 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on May 30, 2009, 09:53:55 PM
There's something not right with Susan Boyle!

That's because she has learning difficulties
Yes read this today. She has learning difficulties from complications during her birth so people should ease up on the comments. I may have made a few myself.

The Gs Man

Give over Tony!!  Obviously everyone should be allowed to feel better about themselves by making snide remarks about a mentally unstable 40-something!!!! 
Keep 'er lit

gawa316

Quote from: The Gs Man on May 30, 2009, 10:36:55 PM
Give over Tony!!  Obviously everyone should be allowed to feel better about themselves by making snide remarks about a mentally unstable 40-something!!!! 

Maybe if you or a family member (god forbid) had similar problems you would think differently.

The Gs Man

I see sarcasm is lost on you.......
Keep 'er lit

gawa316

Quote from: The Gs Man on May 30, 2009, 11:13:20 PM
I see sarcasm is lost on you.......

Yeah I reckoned it was but even in it I took offence to it. Just a touchy subject with me

The Gs Man

Fair enough. 

Im away to watch Basic Instinct 2.  Any good?
Keep 'er lit

ziggysego

This is what should have happened to that wee brat Hollie Steel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahKa66Gvh30
Testing Accessibility

longball

according to the news 2day SuBO is away into a mental health clinic!
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Aye was taken to thte Priory clinic yesterday.
Tbc....

Minder

Quote from: longball on June 01, 2009, 09:46:48 AM
according to the news 2day SuBO is away into a mental health clinic!

I thought she was released from one to appear in the show and is merely returning. Could be wrong.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

balladmaker

Susan Boyle deserves enormous credit!

Just think for a minute....you go for an audition, plucked from obscurity, the world's press on your door step, preparing to go onto a stage and perform in front of a studio crowd like that, never mind the TV audience.....and perform as she did. 

Nothing short of amazing.

I think it says alot about society in general, we focus on her weakneses rather than her enormous achievement. 

longrunsthefox

Susan gets special treatment. Apparently she ran down the hallway after the result shouting, "I hate this show!" and was taken to the Priory for treatment. Is unfair as I ran down the hall of my own house shouting the same thing and was told to 'shut up.'

ziggysego

Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 01, 2009, 12:15:51 PM
Susan gets special treatment. Apparently she ran down the hallway after the result shouting, "I hate this show!" and was taken to the Priory for treatment. Is unfair as I ran down the hall of my own house shouting the same thing and was told to 'shut up.'

I was chatting to one of your sons at the game yesterday and he was telling me that. He told me, you were running around in your adult nappy at the time, whilst he bought the girlfriend back to meet the family.
Testing Accessibility