Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: Lotto on December 10, 2023, 07:54:43 PMLaverty not involved as he knows there is no chance of them even winning a game.

Was there not uproar on this same forum when this same group underachieved at minor level?
Management was blamed?

Too many steps

Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on December 13, 2023, 10:23:51 AM
Quote from: Lotto on December 10, 2023, 07:54:43 PMLaverty not involved as he knows there is no chance of them even winning a game.

Was there not uproar on this same forum when this same group underachieved at minor level?
Management was blamed?

That was last year's group - which to be fair to Laverty he won Ulster u20 with.

It is hard to keep tabs on the years with the change in ages and covid.

Next year's u20s definitely not as strong on paper.

Hard2Listen2

Any changes or shake ups at the county convention last night?

Targetman

Are the clubs in line for a Xmas bonus given JP's latest donation?

ApresMatch

Irish News today!! Not the right way to strike at Kilcoo or the GPA. Who is advising? Anyone?

johnnycool

Quote from: ApresMatch on December 15, 2023, 08:24:22 AMIrish News today!! Not the right way to strike at Kilcoo or the GPA. Who is advising? Anyone?

Didn't see a whole pile wrong with it.

5times5times

Quote from: ApresMatch on December 15, 2023, 08:24:22 AMIrish News today!! Not the right way to strike at Kilcoo or the GPA. Who is advising? Anyone?

Awwww, is the wee snowflake upset? Were we the laughing stock of Ireland when the Kilcoo debacle happened? Yes.

Maurice Moss

Is that figure correct of €8,065 per club in Down? Seen that figure doing the rounds but thought it's a bit lower than what was to be expected?

Anyone any idea if that's correct and if so how? Would mean there'd be just under 124 clubs in the county???

thewobbler

Quote from: Maurice Moss on December 15, 2023, 09:16:39 PMIs that figure correct of €8,065 per club in Down? Seen that figure doing the rounds but thought it's a bit lower than what was to be expected?

Anyone any idea if that's correct and if so how? Would mean there'd be just under 124 clubs in the county???

I believe it's a payment per code.

So my own club are looking at 3 x €8k. Others more, others less.

—-

I do believe the right thing to do here is wipe out the County's loan repayments then divvy the rest up pro rata.

This would cost us all less in the long run.

snoopdog

Quote from: thewobbler on December 16, 2023, 01:09:51 AM
Quote from: Maurice Moss on December 15, 2023, 09:16:39 PMIs that figure correct of €8,065 per club in Down? Seen that figure doing the rounds but thought it's a bit lower than what was to be expected?

—-

I do believe the right thing to do here is wipe out the County's loan repayments then divvy the rest up pro rata.

This would cost us all less in the long

So if a club plays men and women's football and hurling and Camogie then they stand to get over 32k ? Some boost for a club no matter how big.

Splash

What clubs actually field teams in 4 codes at senior level? To my knowledge Bredagh, Castlewellen, Warrenpoint, and East Belfast, and am I right in saying Liatroim have a senior women's football team?

I know plenty of clubs (Carryduff, Clonduff, Ballyvarley/Aghaderg, etc.) have introduced ladies football at some level, but not sure if they field senior teams.

Mourne Red

—-

Would agree with Wobbler pay off any debt then split it up. Better done that way than it go to clubs with the management merry go round no doubt asking for more £££ because of JPs donation

skat man

why would clubs pay off the counties debt ? has the county ever paid off a club debt ?

Truth hurts

—-

An excellent concept, but many clubs wouldn't see the wider picture

skat man

Quote from: Truth hurts on December 18, 2023, 04:35:50 PM

—-

An excellent concept, but many clubs wouldn't see the wider picture

explain the wider picture