Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne Red

Quote from: Hard2Listen2 on October 16, 2023, 10:02:25 AMIt's getting into 🎠 merry-go-round time.
Any management changes been made or are imminent?

I'd expect at least a couple following the weekend results.

Most junior teams look to be looking new management going by Facebook. Then have heard Saul, Bryansford, Castlewellan and the point all looking managers. Talk of McAleenan going to Burren but that's just rumours nothing concrete

Targetman

Michael Walsh back managing the Bridge

Sandstorm

Them so and so in Kilcoo, bad enough starting a war in the middle east, now they have started storm Babet. What will they get up to next. Probably CL's fault.

MATTSARACEN

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose

Applesisapples

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 17, 2023, 11:58:07 AMHis point is that clubs can't do it.
Players have to want to do it.
Yes and No, if a club suspends or expels a county player and doesn't register him for 2024 then he can't play county unless another club would take him. Improbable I would say though.

Taylor

Quote from: Applesisapples on October 18, 2023, 11:37:39 AM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 17, 2023, 11:58:07 AMHis point is that clubs can't do it.
Yes and No, if a club suspends or expels a county player and doesn't register him for 2024 then he can't play county unless another club would take him. Improbable I would say though.

Seriously?
Why would a club ever suspend or expel one of their own players?
So to get at the Down Senior team a club team would expel their own player meaning the player cant play for the club either?

Im not sure I have ever read such a load of nonsense in my life

SticksandStones

Quote from: Taylor on October 18, 2023, 12:10:15 PM

Seriously?
So to get at the Down Senior team a club team would expel their own player meaning the player cant play for the club either?

I believe what Mr. Apples is saying that technically its possible. Not that anyone would do it

Taylor

Quote from: SticksandStones on October 18, 2023, 12:19:14 PM

Seriously?

I believe what Mr. Apples is saying that technically its possible. Not that anyone would do it

So if no one would do it then it means clubs would not pull their players from the county set up.
Only players can do that

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Applesisapples

Quote from: SticksandStones on October 18, 2023, 12:19:14 PM
Yes and No, if a club suspends or expels a county player and doesn't register him for 2024 then he can't play county unless another club would take him. Improbable I would say though, depends on the strength of feeling though does not?

Seriously?

Exactly, if the club decided to boycott the county and the players decided not to comply the could technically do so....I did say improbable, ie I don't think any club would do so.

Truth hurts

Never in my life have I heard so much nonsense said. Questions need to be answered quickly. We are a laughing stock.

johnnycool

Quote from: Truth hurts on October 18, 2023, 01:54:15 PMNever in my life have I heard so much nonsense said. Questions need to be answered quickly. We are a laughing stock.

Speak to your clubs county representative, I believe there was a meeting on Monday night.

Maurice Moss

Targetman