Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 09, 2017, 04:47:23 PM
Ach no way lads.. surely it's for the betterment of the county.
And anyway might cause a row in Toome......we would need a couple to cover both pitches ;)

bannside

Cargin very impressive today. Blew us away from start to finish. Will take a very good team to get points in Toome.

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on April 09, 2017, 07:02:06 PM
Cargin very impressive today. Blew us away from start to finish. Will take a very good team to get points in Toome.
Sure a former Casement's player.....now a 'manager' has voiced opinion Cargin are a 'team of old men' and there for the taking BS.....

paddyjohn

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 09, 2017, 05:13:39 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on April 09, 2017, 04:47:23 PM
Ach no way lads.. surely it's for the betterment of the county.
And anyway might cause a row in Toome......we would need a couple to cover both pitches ;)

Or one to cover the 3 pitches in Whitehill or Glenravel or Ballymena..

bannside

To be honest CB I think Cargin might still be improving.  Playing a very quick direct brand of football that's very effective. When all players return you would have great competition for places.

Who are your new faces along the line with John Brennan?

country bumpkin

Dunno the name.....Tyrone man, I hear was their u-21 trainer and seems more than popular amongst the players....gym wirk has brought players like J Carron, C Bradley, and M Clarke on.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 09, 2017, 09:10:15 PM
Dunno the name.....Tyrone man, I hear was their u-21 trainer and seems more than popular amongst the players....gym wirk has brought players like J Carron, C Bradley, and M Clarke on.

Be Croke park at this rate
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hectic

Maybe more of a reality check for Portglenone than anything else and all with the caveat that it is the first game of the season.

Aghagallon while not getting beaten would have been disappointed not to get the win against another relegation rival though they were still playing a team with a few years Div 1 experience at this point. 

On the theme of reality checks see Ardoyne and Antrim yesterday against two of last seasons bottom half teams in Div 2. 

Elsewhere not sure if it was a good result for Rasharkin or a bad one for Ballymena or something inbetween. 

Probably most notable result in Div 2 was St Endas easily accounting for St Brigids as they look to keep the upward momentum going. 

Meanwhile Sarsfields, after their victory in Glenravel, have now acquired the outright favourites tag for Div 3 which is now well underway where the early season caveat no longer applies.

Stillwater2

No real shocks in yesterdays round of games, maybe only Moneyglass beating Glenavy in Div 2 and Sarsfields beating Glenravel in Div 3. Both away wins

Points a Good Score

Quote from: Stillwater2 on April 10, 2017, 09:20:24 AM
No real shocks in yesterdays round of games, maybe only Moneyglass beating Glenavy in Div 2 and Sarsfields beating Glenravel in Div 3. Both away wins

Glenavy missing quite a few regulars yesterday but 6 up at half time, very much a game of two halves.

Watched Cargin on Wednesday night whilst the opposition not at their level they looked very impressive.

country bumpkin

Seems he is gone, but the former CCC chairman has returned to the rescue.....only in Antrim :)

paddyjohn

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 16, 2017, 12:08:09 PM
Seems he is gone, but the former CCC chairman has returned to the rescue.....only in Antrim :)

Surely not!

Clover

Can't believe what I was told about what happened to one of our senior footballers thank god for wee joe Edwards if this is true I despair can you confirm country bumpkin

paddyjohn

Quote from: Clover on April 19, 2017, 01:30:53 PM
Can't believe what I was told about what happened to one of our senior footballers thank god for wee joe Edwards if this is true I despair can you confirm country bumpkin

Place to video from in the new super Corrigan Stand?  ;)

country bumpkin

Quote from: Clover on April 19, 2017, 01:30:53 PM
Can indeed confirm that one of our senior footballers was suspended on suspect vt evidence which was to rule him out of ulster championship until management and J E made successful appeal, and the tale is common knowledge within the ranks................another OG for the SV.......