Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: themac_23 on March 06, 2017, 12:39:59 PM
Quote from: Hectic on March 06, 2017, 11:14:07 AM
Sarsfields and Glenravel quick out of the blocks yesterday in Div 3.  I thought one of them might have been caught cold being early doors but already looking like they are going to be a cut above the rest.

You could well be right Hectic, but i think after 1 game its a bit premature to say that, suppose we will find out in next 5-6 weeks how things will shape up.

Agree Mac. There are banana skins throughout this division so who knows what'll happen.

Hectic

I would say the only banana skins for Sarsfields and Glenravel will be complacency.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Hectic on March 06, 2017, 01:46:00 PM
I would say the only banana skins for Sarsfields and Glenravel will be complacency.

Too good for D3, not good enough for D2.
If only there was a division in between for them

Hectic

That's what it certainly looks like to me Christmas lights - both seem to have been going on the Div 2/Div 3 cycle for some time now though Div 3 is now weaker than ever after the restructuring that ironically enough Sarsfields pushed for - the reward is that they now have a season with only one challenger rather than the previous three.

Hectic

Quote from: Christmas Lights on March 06, 2017, 01:50:14 PM

In fact could probably extend that to include Ardoyne, Randalstown, Antrim and Rasharkin and you would have a nice competitive wee group.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on March 06, 2017, 02:03:37 PM

In fact could probably extend that to include Ardoyne, Randalstown, Antrim and Rasharkin and you would have a nice competitive wee group.

Not sure if Randalstown would fit into that bracket.

Gizzy15

What about Davitts, think they would fit into that bracket, then the leagues would be as they were. dropping St T's, A/grove, A/Gallon and St P'S down to Div 2. but in a years time a few clubs will find this doesn't suit them and bam the leagues will have to change again. There will be mis- matches in every league in every county, some greater than others. as long as their aren't too many of them then we should just leave things for a few years and let things settle in for once. For the majority of teams things will level out Bar a few.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Gizzy15 on March 06, 2017, 03:24:31 PM

What about Davitts, think they would fit into that bracket, then the leagues would be as they were. dropping St T's, A/grove, A/Gallon and St P'S down to Div 2. but in a years time a few clubs will find this doesn't suit them and bam the leagues will have to change again. There will be mis- matches in every league in every county, some greater than others. as long as their aren't too many of them then we should just leave things for a few years and let things settle in for once. For the majority of teams things will level out Bar a few.

A wise suggestion Gizzy, but as we both know, being wise and having common sense doesn't come into it when it comes to changing leagues etc.
Sarsfields could do the double this season if they win the JFC, must be a rebuilding job in the bearpit in more ways than one.

Points a Good Score

I see the Under 21's are in action on Wednesday night against Monaghan in the DUB.

There hasn't been much noise about our U21's this year does anybody have any insight into our chances of what sort of a squad has been assembled?

Hectic

Davitts surprised me last year, I will be interested to see if they can build on that this year. I would be confident Aghagallon will stay up this year then kick on. I think Randalstown will be fighting the drop if Ardoyne come out of the blocks fast.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on March 06, 2017, 04:27:01 PM
Davitts surprised me last year, I will be interested to see if they can build on that this year. I would be confident Aghagallon will stay up this year then kick on. I think Randalstown will be fighting the drop if Ardoyne come out of the blocks fast.

Ardoyne & Antrim to come down I think although I'd love Antrim to stay up, a great club who are putting in serious effort.

bannside

U 21s has been a lot harder this year than ever to coordinate because there are up to eight of them on the senior panel. That meant the turnout was fairly low when the rest did manage to get together. So in that regard it's been quiet.

However there should still be 15 ready to go that should give a good  account of themselves. Monaghan will be strong but I'd expect from us to be competitive at the very least and after that hope for the best.

paddyjohn

Quote from: bannside on March 06, 2017, 08:17:40 PM
U 21s has been a lot harder this year than ever to coordinate because there are up to eight of them on the senior panel. That meant the turnout was fairly low when the rest did manage to get together. So in that regard it's been quiet.

However there should still be 15 ready to go that should give a good  account of themselves. Monaghan will be strong but I'd expect from us to be competitive at the very least and after that hope for the best.

Any idea of the panel BS?

bannside

No idea at all PJ that's the truth.

bannside

Just heard the team for tomorrow. Good luck to all involved.