Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: CentreHalfBack on March 10, 2017, 10:25:54 AM
On the basis that these 2 clubs got special treatment. Now we've another 2 clubs looking special treatment.

I thought that the ports finished above St Johns last year, so might they get a reprieve as well??"

Shouldn't happen all the same.

Milltown Row2

I heard St Paul's reason, though I can't believe it to be honest...

Be sorted tomorrow night
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Usain

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 12, 2017, 10:50:42 PM

Be sorted tomorrow night

I've seen the proposal from St Johns for tonight's meeting. Going back to 10 team leagues for div 1 & 2 with everyone else in div 3.

What about the players who have booked holidays based on the current fixture schedule (8 team leagues). Now we potentially will be adding in an extra 4 games. Going to be some hassle and as usual its the players that will suffer.

Last Man

Quote from: Usain on March 13, 2017, 09:04:54 AM

Be sorted tomorrow night

I've seen the proposal from St Johns for tonight's meeting. Going back to 10 team leagues for div 1 & 2 with everyone else in div 3.

What about the players who have booked holidays based on the current fixture schedule (8 team leagues). Now we potentially will be adding in an extra 4 games. Going to be some hassle and as usual its the players that will suffer.

Here is the body of the letter from St.Pauls which has more chance of going to a vote imo, wee J will be there to quote chapter and verse no doubt. The annoying thing is that clubs who this in no way affects will have a vote on this.
Just leave it alone. We all are where we are on merit, no special treatment.
If theres any sense in the room all of this will be thrown out and we get on with it as is.

A Chairde,

RE:  REVIEW OF ALL COUNTY DIVISION 3 AND 4 HURLING LEAGUE 2017

Further to my previous correspondence on the above matter, I am writing formally to ask that the request to include St Paul's Senior Hurling Team in the Division 3 All County Hurling League for 2017 be placed on the Clár at the next County Committee meeting on Monday 13 March 2017.

As stated previously, all we are looking for is fair and equal treatment. 

On the basis of the above, St Paul's GAC would propose either of the following solutions:

(a)   That a decision is made to amalgamate the Division 3 and Division 4 Hurling Leagues for 2017 in a one round 17 team league (St Paul's GAC Preferred Option)

(b)   That a decision is made to include both Lamh Dhearg and St Paul's Senior Hurling Teams in the Division 3 Hurling League for 2017 in a one round 11 team League with a half way split.

I am aware that a number of other clubs within the County would be very supportive of St Paul's position as it would allow all teams to play at an appropriate level and ensure that the many young talented players in all teams are given the opportunity to develop and improve (e.g. Stephen Rooney, Donal Nugent, Colm McLarnon, Patrick Doyle etc).

I appreciate that CCC is keen to finalise fixtures for club secretaries, but I believe that they have the time to act after County Committee make their decision.

I look forward to the Club getting the opportunity to present its position on the matter on Monday evening.

Is Mise Le Meas

Secretary                         

Na Glinntí Glasa

cant blame them for trying. Dont get if you dont ask.

That being said they have left it very late to be asking for it a few weeks before the start of a season.
hurl like f**k boi!

Gizzy15

Quote from: Last Man on March 13, 2017, 12:52:21 PM

Be sorted tomorrow night

Here is the body of the letter from St.Pauls which has more chance of going to a vote imo, wee J will be there to quote chapter and verse no doubt. The annoying thing is that clubs who this in no way affects will have a vote on this.
If theres any sense in the room all of this will be thrown out and we get on with it as is.

A Chairde,

Further to my previous correspondence on the above matter, I am writing formally to ask that the request to include St Paul's Senior Hurling Team in the Division 3 All County Hurling League for 2017 be placed on the Clár at the next County Committee meeting on Monday 13 March 2017.

On the basis of the above, St Paul's GAC would propose either of the following solutions:

(a)   That a decision is made to amalgamate the Division 3 and Division 4 Hurling Leagues for 2017 in a one round 17 team league (St Paul's GAC Preferred Option)

(b)   That a decision is made to include both Lamh Dhearg and St Paul's Senior Hurling Teams in the Division 3 Hurling League for 2017 in a one round 11 team League with a half way split.

I am aware that a number of other clubs within the County would be very supportive of St Paul's position as it would allow all teams to play at an appropriate level and ensure that the many young talented players in all teams are given the opportunity to develop and improve (e.g. Stephen Rooney, Donal Nugent, Colm McLarnon, Patrick Doyle etc).

I appreciate that CCC is keen to finalise fixtures for club secretaries, but I believe that they have the time to act after County Committee make their decision.

I look forward to the Club getting the opportunity to present its position on the matter on Monday evening.

Is Mise Le Meas

Secretary                         

Load of balls at this stage, tough luck, if your in Division 2 this year and you want to be in it next year then you have to win enough games.... its as simple as that. for too many years this has been going on and to be honest it is the main reason why the leagues become a shambles. people talk about wanting a more meaningful league and even using league positions as championship seeding's etc. and these are all good points but until we stop restructuring the leagues every year then its all pointless because until promotion and relegation mean such then what's the point?

Usain

Quote from: Gizzy15 on March 13, 2017, 02:04:40 PM

Be sorted tomorrow night

A Chairde,

Is Mise Le Meas

Secretary                         

Load of balls at this stage, tough luck, if your in Division 2 this year and you want to be in it next year then you have to win enough games.... its as simple as that. for too many years this has been going on and to be honest it is the main reason why the leagues become a shambles. people talk about wanting a more meaningful league and even using league positions as championship seeding's etc. and these are all good points but until we stop restructuring the leagues every year then its all pointless because until promotion and relegation mean such then what's the point?

You hit the nail on the head there Gizzy.

I suspect this has all happened because Cushendun have been allowed a special reprieve and got moved from Div 4 to Div 3 because Ballinascreen withdrew from div 3. If that is the case then the floodgates were already opened to this sort of nonsense.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Gizzy15 on March 13, 2017, 02:04:40 PM

Be sorted tomorrow night

A Chairde,

Is Mise Le Meas

Secretary                         

I agree, nothing worse than clubs going greeting to the county board when they aren't good enough. ;)

Last Man

Wee Joe carrys the room. Div 3 now changed to 17 team league based on St.Pauls proud history. All division 1 teams abstained on the vote bar 1. Very principled stance. What a load of balls. The most competitive league in the county in 2016 made a nonsense off.

paddyjohn

Plenty of games to promote hurling in Belfast 👀

Gizzy15

Quote from: Last Man on March 13, 2017, 08:59:18 PM
Wee Joe carrys the room. Div 3 now changed to 17 team league based on St.Pauls proud history. All division 1 teams abstained on the vote bar 1. Very principled stance. What a load of balls. The most competitive league in the county in 2016 made a nonsense off.

I had a feeling something like this would happen as I couldn't see some of the teams in Div 4 wanting to take their medicine and play in the league they were in. This is the reason why we(St Agnes) decided early on to go and play South Antrim this year. I had predicted either a 12 team div 3 meaning a 5 team Div 4 with only a handful of fixtures or the 17 team option (which has happened) and a shit load of tankings for the bottom 4 or 5 teams. For a while it looked like I was wrong and the league looked decent but unfortunately in the end we were proved right and the likes of Loch Mor (and could have been Aggies/Davitts etc) are going to have to play Sarsfields/St Endas/Creegan........... Shaft the minnions to suit a few

Usain

Quote from: Gizzy15 on March 14, 2017, 09:02:31 AM

I had a feeling something like this would happen as I couldn't see some of the teams in Div 4 wanting to take their medicine and play in the league they were in. This is the reason why we(St Agnes) decided early on to go and play South Antrim this year. I had predicted either a 12 team div 3 meaning a 5 team Div 4 with only a handful of fixtures or the 17 team option (which has happened) and a shit load of tankings for the bottom 4 or 5 teams. For a while it looked like I was wrong and the league looked decent but unfortunately in the end we were proved right and the likes of Loch Mor (and could have been Aggies/Davitts etc) are going to have to play Sarsfields/St Endas/Creegan........... Shaft the minnions to suit a few

Cue the discussion at next years convention:

"That division 3 hurling league in 2017 was a nonsense. Too may one sided games. Only 4 teams in it were really competitive. 16 games was too much. Can we change back to two 8 team divisions............."

Motion submitted by St Pauls who didn't get promoted to Division 2.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

paddyjohn

There is a discussion on the Football board about miss matches in Div3, this fits into that bracket also.

Shaft some clubs to suit the rest.

Milltown Row2

Should be a competitive south antrim league this year then.... looking forward to it, last season for me i hope  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 13, 2017, 10:35:25 PM
Plenty of games to promote hurling in Belfast 👀
The status quo is maintained and that's all that matters, some johnnies lads behaved poorly last year so no reprieve for them.Consider it a slap on the wrist from the "powers above". No doubt will be back up next year and toeing the line accordingly. St.Pauls, boohoo we are a proud club, "Id just like to remind everyone here of our proud hurling history" and they shouldn't be in Div.4, even though they were the worst team in Division 3 last year. No wait lets rewrite the rules and ruin what was an excellently contested league last year so we can spare the blushes of the red and white hoops.
I'm still in shock that this has gone through but again i failed to recognize the level of apathy towards the lower leagues and where the power lies at county committee.
"We have to do something to improve hurling in Belfast" said one esteemed north antrim delegate...and this is the answer??
How about recognizing that  a good league system is designed to ensure that the best clubs will prevail and the worst will drop, in doing so maybe recognizing on the way that they and only they should take charge of their own destiny. Through hard work, application and sacrifice hopefully turn the tide again. But no, this ridiculous sense of entitlement that is a cancer to a greater or lesser degree in all our clubs clouds the vision again.
Rant over in this "hot air shop", probably should have cleared my throat at Dunsilly last night but I fear it was a done deal regardless.