Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Cmills abu on January 09, 2017, 02:01:45 PM
Good result, was wondering what strength of team Westmeath would have out. Wouldnt read too much into the win but a wins a win all the same...

Westmeath had six regulars playing walsh cup with their collages and 2 injured players but we didn't start shorty
As I said I expect Westmeath to be a different animal in Ballycastle
Rumours suggest that Kilkenny are fielding an experimental team ( mostly u21s ) next week v Antrim in Abbotstown so I might be worth going to

As the for the DD Quinn debate O Connell is a great shot stopper with very predictable puck outs
Quinn's puck outs have ability to ping a man on the move 70 yards out have been one of LGs great strengths and always worth some scores
Anyone that has watched LG should know this
Sure there is always two or three outfield players moving for him for every puck out
Very Donal og cussack like and only a few keepers has that fast and low long distance accuracy
I think o Connell is a better shot stopper all the same
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 09, 2017, 01:24:54 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 09, 2017, 01:11:04 PM
you have to feel for Chrissy as hes a top quality keeper who barely gets game time. DD has been a great servant to the club but why would he step down when hes fit and able to play each week. Who could blame him for wanting to play.

I'm sure you boys would take him over the road..

Were actually lucky to have young Ryan Elliott stepping in there from the minors last season. hes very young but has the potential there to be our keeper for the foreseeable future. I would be happy with the wee man there every game.
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 09, 2017, 03:41:47 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on January 09, 2017, 01:24:54 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 09, 2017, 01:11:04 PM
you have to feel for Chrissy as hes a top quality keeper who barely gets game time. DD has been a great servant to the club but why would he step down when hes fit and able to play each week. Who could blame him for wanting to play.

I'm sure you boys would take him over the road..

Were actually lucky to have young Ryan Elliott stepping in there from the minors last season. hes very young but has the potential there to be our keeper for the foreseeable future. I would be happy with the wee man there every game.

I've been very impressed with him anytime I've saw him.

Na Glinntí Glasa

yeah he looks a good keeper in the making. hes not the biggest in the world but he reads the game really well and fields the ball well in his box. He def looks to have the makings of a good keeper.
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 09, 2017, 03:55:34 PM
yeah he looks a good keeper in the making. hes not the biggest in the world but he reads the game really well and fields the ball well in his box. He def looks to have the makings of a good keeper.

Is he a son of Shane?

Na Glinntí Glasa

yeah he is. natural progression to nets from a young age lol
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 10, 2017, 09:33:34 AM
yeah he is. natural progression to nets from a young age lol

No other option I suppose lol

Gizzy15

Following a succesful first outing v DCU last week Kilkenny take on Antrim in Round 2 of the Bord na Mona Walsh Cup in Abbottstown next Sunday at 2pm. Eddie Brennan's under 21's lined out against DCU but this weekend will see the senior squad return under Brian Cody and his selectors

Seen this on Kilkenny website, hope we do well but at this stage of the season I think a game against the u-21's would have benefited us more

Last Man

Quote from: Gizzy15 on January 12, 2017, 01:58:46 PM
Following a succesful first outing v DCU last week Kilkenny take on Antrim in Round 2 of the Bord na Mona Walsh Cup in Abbottstown next Sunday at 2pm. Eddie Brennan's under 21's lined out against DCU but this weekend will see the senior squad return under Brian Cody and his selectors

Seen this on Kilkenny website, hope we do well but at this stage of the season I think a game against the u-21's would have benefited us more
Was working in Carlow last week and the sports radio reporters were saying exactly that after the DCU game. Cody won't be letting us slip in under the radar a la 2008.

Seamroga in exile

Cloughmills 0-03. Emmet's 0-03
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

5 apiece at half time.

Seamroga in exile

Cloughmills 0-09 Emmet's 0-07. 41 minutes.

Via @LONDAINGAA on the oul Twitter

Seamroga in exile

hurlingstick

Seamroga in exile

Emmet's 1 up 2 minutes in.