Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Was a pen alright but young exaggerated the fall. No need for that stuff.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Gazzler on April 15, 2012, 07:09:18 PM
Are the real United fans on here disappointed with Ashley Young?

What's 'a real United fan' in your book?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

screenexile

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 15, 2012, 11:24:14 PM

What's 'a real United fan' in your book?

Excellent question!

screenmachine

Had a great insight into the mind of a United fan earlier on Facebook complaining that the referee has ruined a good FA Cup semi final for the neutral with a bad decision. Deluded outfit.
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

DuffleKing

Surely you mean 'english soccer fan' ?

magpie seanie

The faux outrage about Young's diving makes me laugh. Every team in soccer (including our Boys in Green) has divers (or guys "who go down easily" when its one of your own) and there is zero appetite in the game (FIFA/UEFA) to stop this carry on so it will go on.

I'd also like to point out to the conspiracy theorists that there have been quite a few penalties in the recent run of games that United should have got that they didn't get. Obviously it doesn't suit their agenda to acknowledge this but there was another stone wall pen yesterday not given. Young's, despite his theatrics, was a penalty.

So another game ticked off. Next game at home against a useful Everton side is huge now.

AQMP

Quote from: EC Unique on April 15, 2012, 10:17:35 PM
Was a pen alright but young exaggerated the fall. No need for that stuff.

I love it, "exaggerated the fall" ;D  I should have used that one in Drogba's heyday!!

Goats Do Shave

He's very frustrating. IMO it was never a pen. He went looking for the penalty - I think the ref gave it as he probably thought that Young wouldn't have the audacity to do that 2 weeks in a row.

The boy is going to get a rep like Suarez has now! No Need!

Still a decent performace, with some nice passing & moves. Don't see why Wellbeck is getting a touch. I think he's going to be a hell of a striker.

EC Unique

nrico2006

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 15, 2012, 07:11:43 PM
Quote from: ross4life on April 15, 2012, 07:06:02 PM
Sunday stroll United never needed to get out of 2nd gear to comfortably win. With four games to play United have more points now than they got all of last season.

Everton up next no doubt they will give United a better game than Villa did today.
That's two games recently that have been strolls yet Young felt compelled to cheat the rec and fellow professionals. Why?

At least the English journos have called it and admit it isnt a foreign disease.

Getting a bit melodramatic by claiming he is cheating the ref and his fellow professionals.  Its the offcials job to make the correct calls, not the players.  Another win for the champions, as mentioned poor old City are running out of games.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

nrico2006

Quote from: orangeman on April 12, 2012, 05:37:11 PM
Man United have a poor squad - last night proved it again - If they win the league, they'll be the worst United side ever to do so and it will be a miracle if Fergie pulls it off.

Meant as a compliment of course.

A mircale for Fergie to win the league with a 5 point lead and only a lock of games left?

This years United side isn't much different from last years, but I suppose there were a lot of people spouting the same shit last year too. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

Quote from: EC Unique on April 16, 2012, 09:37:51 AM

Penalty or not?

Actually no, because you can see in the TV footage that he hooks his foot around Clark intentionally. It's the old Robert Pires v Portsmouth trick.

Bingo

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 16, 2012, 10:09:02 AM
Man United have a poor squad - last night proved it again - If they win the league, they'll be the worst United side ever to do so and it will be a miracle if Fergie pulls it off.

A mircale for Fergie to win the league with a 5 point lead and only a lock of games left?

This years United side isn't much different from last years, but I suppose there were a lot of people spouting the same shit last year too.

I don't think he is refering to winning it from the current position but as in over the season ie how Fergie has managed to pull another out of the bag with the current squad in that It probably doesn't rank with the teams of the past but somehow he can get the best of the players and officials he has at his disposal  ;)

Scholes was a masterstroke and won the league in my eyes.

AZOffaly

Watched 15 minutes of United and Villa yesterday, and when the fat was in the fire Scholes was the best player on the field.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Bingo on April 16, 2012, 10:21:33 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 16, 2012, 10:09:02 AM

I don't think he is refering to winning it from the current position but as in over the season ie how Fergie has managed to pull another out of the bag with the current squad in that It probably doesn't rank with the teams of the past but somehow he can get the best of the players and officials he has at his disposal  ;)

Scholes was a masterstroke and won the league in my eyes.
You know what orangeman meant, everyone else knew what he meant. You have to remember the combined brainpower of the people you are dealing with here.