John Terry Trial.

Started by laoislad, July 09, 2012, 08:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Starts Today.

The trial of John Terry for allegedly racially abusing Anton Ferdinand will get under way on Monday.
The Chelsea captain and England defender Terry, 31, was charged with a racially aggravated breach of public order after a remark made to Queens Park Rangers player Ferdinand at a Premier League game in October 2011.
Terry could face a £2,500 fine if convicted at the Westminster magistrates court trial, which is expected to last five days.
Police questioned Terry in November 2011 after a complaint from the public and crown prosecutors decided he should be charged with the summary offence.
The comment was allegedly made, and seemingly caught on footage, to the QPR defender when the two teams met at Loftus Road.
Terry's lawyer entered a not guilty plea on his behalf at Westminster magistrates court in February.
His trial was delayed until after the Euro 2012 championships after District Judge Howard Riddle heard that a number of other Chelsea players would not be able to appear as witnesses until the end of the football season.
Chelsea won the Champions League and FA Cup this season and Terry played in the England team that reached the quarter-finals of Euro 2012 in June.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

screenmachine

A £2500 fine.  Really?  Is that all we can look forward to?  Why bother if you ask me, you could add another few zeroes on it and it probably wouldn't be that big a deal.

Did they not jail some chap for 6 months for racially abusing Muamba on Twitter?  I was hoping JT was going to get the same judge who presided over that case...  :(
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

ONeill

Was thinking the same. £1m donation to some charity and community service in Handsworth.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggy90

Quote from: ONeill on July 09, 2012, 09:45:46 AM
Was thinking the same. £1m donation to some charity and community service in Handsworth.

Not too bad a spot now ONeill, however if they sent him to Somalia Sparkbrook there'd be a good chance he wouldn't be seen again.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Bingo

Something similar to what happened John McClane (Bruce Willis) in start of Die Hard 3.

laoislad

Quote from: screenmachine on July 09, 2012, 09:00:36 AM
A £2500 fine.  Really?  Is that all we can look forward to?  Why bother if you ask me, you could add another few zeroes on it and it probably wouldn't be that big a deal.

Did they not jail some chap for 6 months for racially abusing Muamba on Twitter?  I was hoping JT was going to get the same judge who presided over that case...  :(
Not a lot of money is right but if he is convicted he will have the racist tag attached to him for rest of his career, rest of his life even.
This will no doubt have a negative effect on whatever sponsorship deals he has, like boot deals etc and also whatever plans he has when he is finished football.

magpie seanie

I dislike Terry as much as anyone but I think it only fair to say that making a racist comment does not necessarily imply you are a racist.

laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 09, 2012, 10:17:55 AM
I dislike Terry as much as anyone but I think it only fair to say that making a racist comment does not necessarily imply you are a racist.
True but also it would be very hard to convince people you aren't a racist if you are convicted for racial abuse towards someone.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 09, 2012, 10:17:55 AM

So Saurez wasn't a racist?  I agree with you but if many were to be believed Saurez was a step away from being a hood wearing KKK leader.  Terry is a stupid idiot and even if convicted this will go over his head completely.  Reminds me a lot of the Lee Bowyer/Woodgate trial, Bowyer is the little **** version of Terry. 

The one thing I would say, if Terry was a football fan as opposed to a player do you think he would be the kind that would throw bananas and make monkey chants?  I think he would.

ONeill

Quote from: ziggy90 on July 09, 2012, 09:56:16 AM
Quote from: ONeill on July 09, 2012, 09:45:46 AM

Not too bad a spot now ONeill, however if they sent him to Somalia Sparkbrook there'd be a good chance he wouldn't be seen again.

I once had a f**got in Sparkbrook. Never again.

f**got a bad word? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faggot_(food)

AQMP

Quote from: screenmachine on July 09, 2012, 09:00:36 AM

No, they did not...he got 8 weeks...Maybe both you and Terry are hoping he gets that judge...but since it's being heard in the magistrates court, in this case, there is no judge.

Now whether Terry is guilty or not will come out but it's better to deal in fact.

nrico2006

I still find it hard to believe that Terry said what he is alleged to, especially given the make-up of the Chelsea team.  Today is the first time I have heard that Anton Ferdinand was abusing Terry verbally regaridng his affair.  I have said this before, but why clamp down on certain types of abuse and not others, is it ok to harass and abuse people because of any reason other than their sexual preference or colour?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

theticklemister

Hang 'em High!!!!!!!!!!!

Bingo

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 09, 2012, 11:33:11 AM
I still find it hard to believe that Terry said what he is alleged to, especially given the make-up of the Chelsea team.  Today is the first time I have heard that Anton Ferdinand was abusing Terry verbally regaridng his affair.  I have said this before, but why clamp down on certain types of abuse and not others, is it ok to harass and abuse people because of any reason other than their sexual preference or colour?

yes, you united supporting ballbag  ;)  :D

ONeill