Ulster Bank

Started by TopofthePops, June 22, 2012, 05:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Hashtag on July 03, 2012, 10:08:30 AM
A major haulage company in Northern Ireland has just changed it's bank account from Ulster Bank to AIB. I expect many to follow.

This is it for UB. I would suggest its time for mass panic. Get to your UB now and withdraw all your cash. That's what I will be doing.

May God have mercy on your souls. Best of luck to all.

Trust me there will be a run on the Ulster bank before the week is out, there is one currently happening on another high street bank which hasn't made the news and one happened 2 weeks ago, albeit to a smaller extent on another Northern based bank.  There was a "technical" glitch as well but it was staved off within a few hours.  Banking as we know it is slowly grinding to a halt, predicted by Robert Kywosaki a few years back in one of his Rich Dad books.

Hashtag

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 03, 2012, 10:15:11 AM
A major haulage company in Northern Ireland has just changed it's bank account from Ulster Bank to AIB. I expect many to follow.

This is it for UB. I would suggest its time for mass panic. Get to your UB now and withdraw all your cash. That's what I will be doing.

Trust me there will be a run on the Ulster bank before the week is out, there is one currently happening on another high street bank which hasn't made the news and one happened 2 weeks ago, albeit to a smaller extent on another Northern based bank.  There was a "technical" glitch as well but it was staved off within a few hours.  Banking as we know it is slowly grinding to a halt, predicted by Robert Kywosaki a few years back in one of his Rich Dad books.

A theory that came to light a few years ago was:
* Physical form of currency would be done away with. No cash. All digitial pounds- Chip & Pin and such.
* Massive computer problems would wipe out all digital records.
* World would revert back to slavery.

Phases one and two of this plan are also complete.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Hashtag on July 03, 2012, 10:22:14 AM

* Physical form of currency would be done away with. No cash. All digitial pounds- Chip & Pin and such.

And I thought I was the Boards resident conspiracy theorist!!!!!!

thebigfella

Except phase 1 is only partially complete and phase 2 has not happened.

armaghniac

The Ulster Bank thing has definitely gone beyond a joke at this stage. Any system can have problems, but something is seriously out of kilter if it takes so long to fix things.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hashtag

Quote from: thebigfella on July 03, 2012, 10:33:37 AM

Except phase 1 is only partially complete and phase 2 has not happened.

Very hard to get access to cash at the moment. A few ones were looking for me to pay them cash for work they done in my house. I had to go get it off the Credit Union. Otherwise I wouldn't been able to get hold of it. More than partially complete imo.

Phase 2 has started. Start the panic. Don't come crying to me once the salvery has begun.

Shortso79

Premier Emperor

Quote from: Shortso79 on July 03, 2012, 01:44:24 PM
Ulster Bank branch in Castlewellan is robbed by gunman

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-18685102
Father Ted: Are you up to your old tricks, Tom?
Tom: No, Father. It's my money. I just didn't want to fill out the forms.

Bingo

I do a bit of work for retire UB branch manager and was just chatting to him, he says from talking to his ex-colleagues still working for them, that they know no more than what the public have been told. He reckons the full picture isn't out there yet and is baffled by it.

Local branch has two full storage boxes of manual records that have been taken bt staff last few weeks and each one will have to be inputted onto the system. Mountains of work and potential errors and mispostings to follow.

Cold tea

I remember working for a Buliding Society where a teller input the 11 digit account number as the lodgement.   :P

maggie

It has descended into a farce. Have been with the Ulster Bank since I signed up in P7 to get my Henry Hippo but I am totally disillusioned with it now.
None of my local branches ie within a 10 mile radius were open on a sat/sun so I had to drive over 20 miles to get to one at the w'end.

After listening to Stephen Cruise today on Talkback and to be honest he was as clear as mud on the issue and when it will be resolved.

I made transactions in two different branches and was not given a receipt and when I asked, was told they aren't doing them at the minute yet he said differently on the programme.

It really is so frustrating as its my only account and I don't have a credit card. Couldn't even pay for diesel the other day cause my card was declined even though I got paid on fri.

Surely they are gonna have to close completely to catch up with the backlog.

But most of all, I feel sorry for the small businesses who are now in danger of going under cause of it.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Cold tea

Vote on your feet Maggie, other banks  will take care of all your direct debits, salary etc  if you switch and most  gave you a financial incentive for switching.  The level of incompetence is beyond a joke at this stage.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Got the wages through on the online banking system there. Am considering taking the wages out in cash stopping using my Ulster Bank account. Hard to know what to do. To complicate matters, my debit card expired on 30th June and like and idiot I've lost the new one. Cancelled it and re-ordered but God knows when that will turn up.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

screenexile

I had an eye opener working for the bank about 10 years ago. They are as infallible as anyone else. Working on the till there are all sorts of mistakes made all the time. My favourite was when £900 went missing one day and nobody had any idea what had happened.

It was written off and then 3 months later a lovely old dear came into me with her balance on screen being £900 more than in her passbook. The previous cashier had done everything except enter the transaction into the computer screen!!

Stephen Cruise was the area manager at the time and he's a slippery boy so I wouldn't be filling up with confidence at what he's saying!!

screenmachine

I still have a student account as my main account with the Ulsterbank with about a £500 overdraft (interest free) set up on it.  I was thinking of emptying the account and setting up a new one elsewhere, leaving about £10 in the account and just let it sit there forever, if possible.

If the Ulsterbank come looking their overdraft cleared I'll tell them I think I should be able to clear it next month.  When next month comes, tell them I'm working very hard and know it's unacceptable but I will clear it as quickly as possible.  I will continue this infinitely without ever paying them back.

Is this adviseable/are they doing anything different to their own customers at the moment?
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.