if i'd had been on the titanic i'd have...

Started by lawnseed, March 30, 2012, 07:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

with all the media coverage of the new titanic centre this question arises. what would you have done had you been a passengeer? it took some time for her to go down so whats your plan? disguise yourself as a women and try to slip onto a life boat?? maybe when you got womens clothes on you might become distracted.. ;) maybe look for something that floats or try to make a raft..? maybe say your prayers.. keep in mind that in that water you've got maybe 2 minutes so you have to keep as dry as possible. keeping in mind the recent cruise ship sinking i'd say getting off asap is a priorty
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Agent Orange

All this Titanic nonsense would sicken your hole. It sank FFS.

It is the most expensive tourist attraction on the island of Ireland. A report by the NI Audit Office estimates that titanic, at a cost of up to £229 per projected visitor, is one of the most costly tourism projects ever built in Europe.

5 Sams

Quote from: lawnseed on March 30, 2012, 07:13:52 PM
with all the media coverage of the new titanic centre this question arises. what would you have done had you been a passengeer? it took some time for her to go down so whats your plan? disguise yourself as a women and try to slip onto a life boat?? maybe when you got womens clothes on you might become distracted.. ;) maybe look for something that floats or try to make a raft..? maybe say your prayers.. keep in mind that in that water you've got maybe 2 minutes so you have to keep as dry as possible. keeping in mind the recent cruise ship sinking i'd say getting off asap is a priorty

Rid Kate Winslett..
The Aristocrat Years

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hereiam

I would have got as many hats scarfs and head bands that I could and then I would have stood on the deck to flog them to passer bys

Orior

Jump onto the iceberg and talk to the fox.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Lecale2

Quote from: Agent Orange on March 30, 2012, 07:44:21 PM
All this Titanic nonsense would sicken your hole. It sank FFS.

It is the most expensive tourist attraction on the island of Ireland. A report by the NI Audit Office estimates that titanic, at a cost of up to £229 per projected visitor, is one of the most costly tourism projects ever built in Europe.

The Scots had the right idea when it comes to tourist attractions. Someone just stood and pointed shouting "look a monster!". The tourists have been flocking to the place ever since.

lawnseed

Quote from: Orior on March 30, 2012, 11:07:55 PM
Jump onto the iceberg and talk to the fox.
no first kick the shite out of the captain.

so obvious get on the iceberg. with a couple of flares.. wait til the rescue boats come then set off your flares... reports are that some of the ice fell onto the deck that means the iceberg was as big as the boat or bigger and the sea was calm so it was probably the best chance of survival slim as it was
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

upmonaghansayswe

screenmachine

I could never fully understand the tourism or great attraction to a boat that sank on it's maiden voyage.  Surely that would go down as a failure and not be anything to be proud of really.

In the future it would be similar if Ireland based their whole tourism industry on the Celtic Tiger collapse.  We could bus tourists around the ghost estates and show them where it all went wrong...Hooray! ;)
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

theticklemister

ring ladbrokes and stick a few bob on Derry winning Sam 81 years later and pass the winnings onto the grandson!!

or...................... give the lads playing the cellos and violins a good smack and tell them to play something decent like a few jigs or reels; at least when yer drowning the craic would have been lethal!