Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Does your heart good , listening to RTE radio, as out officiating, great game and great confidence in not  folding when a point down near the end..

Four points keeps us up?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Probably would have won that 15 v 14
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

seafoid

Unmatchable experience .

Antrim got 3/6 points off the second rank counties. That shows around where they are in the first year after promotion. A bit like Leeds Utd.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tormund

What a game, so glad we got something from it!! I wouldve been gutted if we hadve lost that game!! The lads were brilliant and did us proud. I thought mcmanus' 2nd yellow was ridiculous. And right at the end of 1st half they got a point from a free when rooney made an amazing tackle. Yea if it hada stayed 15 v 14 we prob wuda won, but so glad we got a draw from it.
If kk beat laois tomorrow then thats us staying in div 1 for next year

Mcnaughton and Molloy were outstanding, walsh and mcmanus brilliant, the team did us proud

Baile an tuaigh

Darren Gleeson very classy man were lucky to have him. I meant to mention young Molloy was outstanding actually strong all over the field and the bench. Just listened to Darran after the game and the first thing he mentioned was things they need to work on. Sign of a good manager. You could see the adjustments he made after the Dublin game. We even started fixing our line balls during that second half very important.

Tormund

Niall mckenna aswell, what a player.
Yea gleeson is a top manager, hope he stays with us for another few years

Baile an tuaigh

That tackle by Rooney was incredible! one of the finest skills in hurling. Even the commentators were in shock at the free given against him. Wee Davey would have been expecting to win that game privately he had a strong team out. He was trying to be positive for the post match interview but he has a lot to think about.

Baile an tuaigh

https://youtu.be/yoGyQzTl1l8

A wee bit scunnered we didn't win on hindsight.

bannside

Point a fair result, we could have lost by a point and how gutting would that have been!

Wexford came at this like a cship match too, so very obviously terrific progress has been made.

My MOM was probably Niall Mc Kenna. What a performance from him. Well done all involved, another very good days work.

seafoid

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on June 05, 2021, 05:16:39 PM
That tackle by Rooney was incredible! one of the finest skills in hurling. Even the commentators were in shock at the free given against him. Wee Davey would have been expecting to win that game privately he had a strong team out. He was trying to be positive for the post match interview but he has a lot to think about.
Antrim were better than he expected. It reminds me of a line from.Flower of Scotland

"And sent him.home to think again".

Baile an tuaigh

Talk about songs I was delighted to hear Thomas Davis " A Nation once again " coming through the speakers at half time it really adds to the occasion Seafoid.

seafoid

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on June 05, 2021, 07:41:29 PM
Talk about songs I was delighted to hear Thomas Davis " A Nation once again " coming through the speakers at half time it really adds to the occasion Seafoid.
That must have been something else. Poor old NI is a bit trína chéile at the moment on the 100th anniversary .

Jonkunlon

Not a day for picking out individuals. Every starting player left it out there, every sub had a significant impact, management are 1st class, a squad effort in every sense!!

It's a wonderful feeling being an Antrim fan today. If any of our county players/managers/coaches are looking in  -  GO RAIBH MILE  MAITH AGAT!!!

Aontroim Abú

Gold

Quote from: Jonkunlon on June 05, 2021, 10:39:32 PM
Not a day for picking out individuals. Every starting player left it out there, every sub had a significant impact, management are 1st class, a squad effort in every sense!!

It's a wonderful feeling being an Antrim fan today. If any of our county players/managers/coaches are looking in  -  GO RAIBH MILE  MAITH AGAT!!!

Aontroim Abú

Agreed. Unbelievable!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

groundlie

What a performance. Well done to all involved