Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoChara

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 13, 2019, 07:47:52 AM
I see Ross Carr on Twitter giving out about something David Burke said to fergus mccambridge in cushendall match. Wonder what that was?

Funny I'm just after listening to the GAA Hour there, where David Burke said Fergus got the better of him over the 60 minutes.

NAG1

Quote from: MoChara on February 13, 2019, 09:06:12 AM
I see Ross Carr on Twitter giving out about something David Burke said to fergus mccambridge in cushendall match. Wonder what that was?

Funny I'm just after listening to the GAA Hour there, where David Burke said Fergus got the better of him over the 60 minutes.

Fair to say there is a bit of back tracking going on on his part.

MoChara

Quote from: NAG1 on February 13, 2019, 09:07:43 AM
Quote from: MoChara on February 13, 2019, 09:06:12 AM

Fair to say there is a bit of back tracking going on on his part.

Only seen the Tweet there now referencing the podcast, someone else speculating in the comments that he had prior form for this with Loughgiel in the comments

imtommygunn

McCambridge had a very good game on saturday. He had been getting rave reports prior to the championship but maybe didn't do it so much in antrim but definitely lived up to the billing at the weekend. Possibly more suited to midfield than the forward line looking at him. Probably had a better game than McManus and you'd rarely hear that said.

Two Hands FFS

Not sure who said what in the Loughgiel matches in 2013. From what I heard some Loughgiel players weren't happy and still aren't til this day. Maybe the Loughgiel lads on here might know more.

Milltown Row2

Jesus lads, a player takes the piss and everyone looses their shit?

There's not a game that goes by that I haven't heard arseholes wind players up..

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on February 13, 2019, 08:39:45 PM
Not sure who said what in the Loughgiel matches in 2013. From what I heard some Loughgiel players weren't happy and still aren't til this day. Maybe the Loughgiel lads on here might know more.

As far as I can remember being told PJ O'Mullan asked the manager of St Thomas to leave the changing room over the abuse they took. All the usual stuff about being a Brit and nordie etc was thrown about on Saturday past also to McCambridge and other players.

Personally I think it's a sc**bag action to be at. It's not taking the piss or winding up, it's abuse and it's on the same par as racial or homophobic abuse in my book.

Milltown Row2

It's the norm and has been happening for years, not right but any county player will tell you that stuff is standard..

We beat the Galway champs a few years ago, I made sure our captain went into their changing rooms and told the Galway lads to keep up the good work in Galway, I know it's tough, blah blah. The standard shite they would have given back..

Nothing near racial or homophobic abuse
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 13, 2019, 10:23:41 PM
It's the norm and has been happening for years, not right but any county player will tell you that stuff is standard..

We beat the Galway champs a few years ago, I made sure our captain went into their changing rooms and told the Galway lads to keep up the good work in Galway, I know it's tough, blah blah. The standard shite they would have given back..

Nothing near racial or homophobic abuse

Standard or not, do we keep accepting it? We just keep taking it and say nothing as that's the manly thing to do? F**k that.

Two Hands FFS

Only heard of the one incident on Saturday (involving Burke). Don't know anout anything else.

Milltown Row2

The only way to settle those things is on the pitch, and after the match ram it do their throat..

The cricketers are in the limelight at the minute about the abuse.

Referees should be given powers to react to this sort of stuff should it be in ear shot.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 13, 2019, 10:32:42 PM
The only way to settle those things is on the pitch, and after the match ram it do their throat..

Referees should be given powers to react to this sort of stuff should it be in ear shot.

Agree 100% on the refs being allowed to act against it, but how many would consider it banter and part of the game and not act?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on February 13, 2019, 10:37:30 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 13, 2019, 10:32:42 PM

Agree 100% on the refs being allowed to act against it, but how many would consider it banter and part of the game and not act?

I think any ref with any moral compass will know the difference, these things should have been tackled years ago, and haven't been.

But I've heard shite all the time and from players from certain clubs, hurling and football snobs I'd say and I've told them to wind their next in and have a bitta respect, unfortunately that's as far as I can go

north_antrim_hound

Galway has a history of this with Antrim over the years. I remember pinky got the line at salt hill. The abuse he was getting was that bad he duly obliged with some timber, Off he goes and the winner is.
There's been a few incidents over the years but I am surprised it was David Burke
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Hand up

It's a bit much too ask the Refs to control this as well, they have enough trouble making up rules as they go ;)