Started by manfromdelmonte, July 28, 2014, 10:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

Any tips?

Heading down today for a few days.

ardchieftain

One bet today, Morga in the first race.

beer baron

I've heard nothing from anyone worth listening to for today but i personally think Princess Aloof is worth a few bob e/w in the 7.15. Has course form,is on a nice mark and is in a weaker race than she has been contesting and Berry's very good round Galway.

Another one i'd give a e/w chance to is Massinis trap,i seen his last race and i think he won a lot easier than the 1 lengths winning margin suggests and the 6lbs rise is fair,should be plenty of pace in the race so expect Katie sit out the back and try creep her way through.

It aint a place to go too mad with the bets though,i'll be keeping stakes low.

illdecide

Just got a call from Dundalk there about 2 horses tonight...

5:35 - JacksonLady
7:45 - Footprint
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

barry1857

definately jacksons lady in the 5.35

heres a few for goodwood

15.05 toormore  to win
15.40 big thinder each way
16.50 extremity to win

DoireGael

Do the better horses go to Goodwood? Which holds better  prize €€€/£££

barry1857

really depends on the horses and the race for the odds/prices, I just was told about jacksons lady at galway rest of the info i got was from goodwood

Hound

Quote from: DoireGael on July 29, 2014, 03:38:25 PM
Do the better horses go to Goodwood? Which holds better  prize €€€/£££
Goodwood for the horses, Galway for party!

beer baron

Weld could have a better day today than yesterday.Hidden Universe and Defining year both look to have good chances off their current marks and the 2 in the maidens i presume are expected to go well at their prices but i'll not be backing either of them.

barry1857

jacksonlady @ galway and extremity @ goodwood sale home not a bad day at the races :)

drici

Making sense of Galway.

GALWAY
20:25
CONDITIONS RACE (4YO+) 1m 6f

Racing Post

A thought-provoking contest. Where else might one get a bumper winner set to be a short price to beat horses with three-figured Flat ratings on his first run on the level? Forgotten Rules could be all that, but it hardly makes sense backing him to run to 100 on his Flat debut, which will be necessary if SHU LEWIS runs her race. Predicting the effort of last year's Irish Derby third Festive Cheer is guesswork.

drici

Forgotten Rules ignores all that preview stuff and wins easily, going away from Shu Lewis at 9/10x.
A good horse.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: drici on August 01, 2014, 08:33:23 PM
Forgotten Rules ignores all that preview stuff and wins easily, going away from Shu Lewis at 9/10x.
A good horse.

He's a very nice prospect. The new Vintage Crop perhaps?
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?