david dunseith retires

Started by lawnseed, May 11, 2011, 10:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

the voice of talkbalk on bbc radio for 25years :o he detested the gaa and the programme featured 9 to 1 negative gaa stories while he was there. eg the battle of omagh dublin v tyrone, after a bit of handbags talkback rolled out the IRA at play brigade for three days and gave airtime to loyalist politicians calling for a police investigation. all nicely stoked up by dunseith who was enjoying every minute that is until i rang him on air and offered him a tenner to a charity of his choice if he could tell me the score of the game. well he didnt get my money.. tosser
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

orangeman

He was good at stirring the pot and arguing all sides -

It used to amuse me when the loyalists used to ring in and say that he was a Provo sympathiser and was giving too much airtime to the Provies.   :D

J70

Never got the opportunity to listen that much, so I cannot comment on his overall balance or fairness to either side, but from what I did hear I enjoyed his (perhaps affected) world-weary, above-the-fray (at least in the terms of the "outraged" callers and comments) approach.

Doogie Browser

A great broadcaster, not a prejudiced bone in his body. Loved talkback in the mid 90's

Milltown Row2

Yes a quality broadcaster, having listened to him throughout the years I can say I never heard any of the shite your talking about Lawnseed.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lawnseed

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 11, 2011, 10:43:11 PM
Yes a quality broadcaster, having listened to him throughout the years I can say I never heard any of the shite your talking about Lawnseed.
i'd say he was to broadcasting what you are to posting. if he was so good why did the bbc drop him with a couple of days notice

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lawnseed on May 11, 2011, 10:47:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 11, 2011, 10:43:11 PM
i'd say he was to broadcasting what you are to posting. if he was so good why did the bbc drop him with a couple of days notice

Say's the quality poster :D :D

He was well past his sell by date, that's why. It happens to most presenters on radio

He got a right few years and I listened to him every weekday and never heard him being biased at all
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

I always thought he was very balanced
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

thewobbler

That's because he isn't biased Milltown Row.

I once had an acquaintance who managed to convince himself that the number 47 was a magic number in his life. Everywhere he went he'd see the number 47 on buses, number plates, newspapers, doors, adverts, etc. He just couldn't handle it when it was pointed out to him that it was a self fulfilling prophesy, that because he was obsessed with the number, he was drawn to it, and not the other way around.

Anti-catholic sectarianism is Lawnseed's No.47. Even if it's not there, he'll keep looking until he finds a way to make it there.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thewobbler on May 11, 2011, 11:01:31 PM

I once had an acquaintance who managed to convince himself that the number 47 was a magic number in his life. Everywhere he went he'd see the number 47 on buses, number plates, newspapers, doors, adverts, etc. He just couldn't handle it when it was pointed out to him that it was a self fulfilling prophesy, that because he was obsessed with the number, he was drawn to it, and not the other way around.

Anti-catholic sectarianism is Lawnseed's No.47. Even if it's not there, he'll keep looking until he finds a way to make it there.

Sad really, more to life than looking for number 47 ;)

But if 47 floats your boat........

laoislad

69 is a far better number to be obsessed with..

Oh and I never heard of the guy in the thread title but he sounds like the Nordie Joe Duffy
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

lawnseed

Quote from: thewobbler on May 11, 2011, 11:01:31 PM

dont think i mentioned sectarianism. but i can say that since he got gate the programme has got better. i could also mention the fermanagh hurler who went public with his sectarian taunts claim who ended up sitting beside the president of the gaa as guest of honour at an all irl final. dunseith did the first part of the story but never mentioned the outcome.. great fella in his 'gardening shoes'

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on May 11, 2011, 11:13:25 PM

Oh and I never heard of the guy in the thread title but he sounds like the Nordie Joe Duffy

Was thinking the same thing. Co-incidentally he has an IQ of 69.
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: muppet on May 11, 2011, 11:30:08 PM

Who Lawnseed or David?

muppet

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 11, 2011, 11:33:00 PM
Quote from: muppet on May 11, 2011, 11:30:08 PM

Who Lawnseed or David?

Neither.
MWWSI 2017