Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Say what you want about Armagh but the crowds always turn up.

An Watcher

Yep, bit like mayo in that regard.  Starve a team of success and the crowds come out. 

bennydorano

Quote from: An Watcher on February 01, 2024, 07:10:59 AMYep, bit like mayo in that regard.  Starve a team of success and the crowds come out. 
That combined with hope.

Armagh18

Quote from: bennydorano on February 01, 2024, 06:54:41 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on February 01, 2024, 07:10:59 AMYep, bit like mayo in that regard.  Starve a team of success and the crowds come out. 
That combined with hope.
It's the hope that kills ya

seafoid

Division 2 is probably more interesting that Division 1 because whoever gets relegated will not be in the Sam Maguire

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on February 02, 2024, 02:19:31 PMDivision 2 is probably more interesting that Division 1 because whoever gets relegated will not be in the Sam Maguire

Not necessarily, Meath might well get relegated, but will be in Sam anyhow.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bennydorano

I would love to see something different from Armagh but it's not going to happen. The biggest danger to us is us believing we are really really close to achieving something because only bad luck has denied us the last 2 seasons. Its sort of true but I fully expect a 3rd season in a row of narrow misses and frustration- because we won't try something new or be braver. 'The system' will ultimately kill us.

Armagh18

Quote from: bennydorano on February 02, 2024, 06:01:13 PMI would love to see something different from Armagh but it's not going to happen. The biggest danger to us is us believing we are really reslly close to achieving something because only bad luck has denied us the last 2 seasons. Its sort of true but I fully expect a 3rd season in a row of narrow misses and frustration- because we won't try something new or be braver. 'The system' will ultimately kill us.
Hate to admit it but you're probably right. A set of balls would have beat Derry and Monaghan last year

An Watcher

The only reason Tyrone won the all ireland a few years back was because they threw caution to the wind abit against kerry.  No way would they have won with harte and i think it's a similar scenario with mcgeeney.  A new man would bring a new energy and bounce

naka

Quote from: bennydorano on February 02, 2024, 06:01:13 PMI would love to see something different from Armagh but it's not going to happen. The biggest danger to us is us believing we are really really close to achieving something because only bad luck has denied us the last 2 seasons. Its sort of true but I fully expect a 3rd season in a row of narrow misses and frustration- because we won't try something new or be braver. 'The system' will ultimately kill us.
Given how he's picking his teams I think Mcgeeney wants to sign off by winning the tailteann cup!

imtommygunn

To be totally honest it's nothing to do with luck that you were put out last year and the year before. Against Galway a mad goalkeeping performance kept Armagh in it and papered over the cracks. Last year you should have put Monaghan away but couldn't.

It's frustrating to watch as I'd like to see you do well but the reality is you are miles off all irelands or anything like that but it feels like you have the players to do so much better. Some of your forwards most other counties can only dream of.

Dreadnought

Quote from: seafoid on February 02, 2024, 02:19:31 PMDivision 2 is probably more interesting that Division 1 because whoever gets relegated will not be in the Sam Maguire
It's why this system is messed up and isn't right. Certain league games rank more for certain teams now than Championship games later in the year. It's silly and needs a rethink

Captain Scarlet

No real changes for Kildare in terms of the team named...although I expect some in reality

And speaking of no changes I fully expect us to keep carrying it into contact and losing it.

1 Mark Donnellan Marcas Ó Donalláin Maynooth
2 Mick O'Grady Mícheál Ó Gráda Celbridge
3 Shea Ryan Shea Ó Riain Sarsfields
4 Ryan Burke Ryan de Búrca Caragh
5 Kevin Flynn Caoimhín Ó Floinn Celbridge
6 Jack Sargent Seán Sáirgeant Eadestown
7 Brian Byrne Briain Ó Brion Naas
8 Kevin Feely Caoimhín Ó Ficheallaigh Athy
9 Kevin O'Callaghan Caoimhín Ó Ceallacháin Celbridge
10 Luke Killian Lúcás Ó Cillín Sallins
11 Ben McCormack Bearnárd Mac Cormaic Sarsfields
12 Paddy McDermott Padraig Mac Diarmuid Naas
13 Paddy Woodgate Padraig Ó Woodgate Raheens
14 Darragh Kirwan Dara Ó Ciarubháin Naas
15 Jimmy Hyland Seamus Ó hAolaín Ballyteague
16 Didier Cordonnier Didier Cordonnier Two Mile House
17 Callum Bolton Colm Bóltan Sarsfields
18 Eoin Doyle Eoghan Ó Dubhghaill Naas
19 Alex Beirne Alsander Ó Broin Naas
20 Killian Galligan Cillian Ó Gealagain Clogherinkoe
21 Ryan Houlihan Rían hUallacháin Moorefield
22 Barry Kelly Barra Ó Ceallaigh Athy
23 Aaron Masterson Aaron mac an Mhaistir Moorefield
24 Aaron O'Neill Aron O Neill Carbury
25 Shane O'Sullivan Seán Ó Súilleabháin Clane
26 Sam McCormack Somhairle Mac Cormaic Clane
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

meathie

Can some Armagh folk advise here on best place to park for todays game? Will coming in through A28 I'd imagine.... Have never actually been to this pitch before! Is traffic generally mad? Thanks 

Armaghtothebone

If you want to avoid the traffic on the Newry Road (A28), as you drop off the A1 at Newry go via Poyntzpass, Tandragee, Hamiltonsbawn and on to Armagh.
Park at the bottom of the Hamiltonsbawn road (@ the top of the mall) and a good 10 min. walk will have you in the ground.
It's maybe 5/6 miles further but the Newry Road is a nightmare at the best of times, never mind when there's a game on.