Previous topic - Next topic

Goals_Will_Come

I would like tyrone to line out as follows for saturdays game:
1. Niall Morgan
2. Aidan McCrory
3. Justin McMahon (depending on fitness)/Danny McBride
4. Ronan McNammee
5. Conor Clarke
6. Conor Gormley/Joe McMahon/ Ronan McNabb (Man to just hold the middle at 6 and not leave the defence exposed)
7. Peter Harte
8. Colm Cavanagh
9. Conan Grugan
10. Mark Donnelly
11. Sean Cavanagh
12. Mattie Donnelly
13. Darren McCurry
14. Kyle Coney
15. Ronan O'Neill (dropping a bit deeper than mccurry and coney and acting as a playmaker, just like the league game against Mayo)

ONeill

What's the story with Ronan ONeill? Not in Mickey's plans?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

EC Unique

Quote from: ONeill on May 21, 2014, 06:15:00 PM

A wee disagreement at training before last week. I hope it is resolved and see him starting Sat night. Great talent.

CD

Quote from: ONeill on May 21, 2014, 06:15:00 PM

Best player in Sigerson semi and final I went to watch. Always catches the eye for me. Was excellent in the Mayo league game when the Tyrone forwards seemed to catch light and his passing was key to that. I'd have him starting every time but there seems to be an issue. I'd assumed it was injury related but there must be something else going on there.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Under Lights

Great to see MH name a panel of 26 on Sat night. Subs weren't in his usual alphabetical order.
Still put on Gormley wearing number 30 though  :o another fine for Tyrone. Keep raising that money for the county team lads going to great use here.

Redhand Santa

I'm pretty sure they were in reverse alphabetical order for a we change.

WT4E

Quote from: Under Lights on May 21, 2014, 08:08:58 AM
I see on the other Down V Tyrone thread posters talking about how MH should have players that are the man markers in their clubs in the county set up? Who are we talking about here? Does any of Errigal's returned players have the potential to do this?
Who would Clonoe's man marker be?

Seen some Kildress lad mentioned but to be honest I've never really seen him- didn't he get a run out in McKenna cup last year?

Frank Burns looked to have great potential in last years AI minor final.

Just seeing this. Your talking about Dean McNally. He got a run out in McKenna cup last year and played a couple of decent games but Harte dropped him off national league panel (only person) to take Cassidy back in.

He played on Jordanstown sigerson team this year and was one of there best performers after missing majority of last year with v. bad knee injury. Brilliant at club level and would love to see him get another chance at county football.

Scoring Zone

Poor performance today and hartes frustrations speaks volumes - masking frustration with his own team. For all the supposed S&C training these lads are meant to be doing, it ain't showing, unforced errors, poor attacking play and this notion of a strong squad is just that a notion, carrying 4 to 5 passengers and living of the reputation of previous successful teams, long way off the mark at the minute

sam03/05

PJ Lavery - never gets a kick all through the National League.. not a single game.
then we throw him into the last ten mins of our most important game of the season. I am not knocking him as I think he is a good player, but surely he should have got a few league games to find his feet.

Others who played through the league like Shea McGuigan get no game time at all.

You really have to scratch your head at some of the things going on regarding Tyrone at minute.

rrhf

Why did mc aliskey not take the last free..

LeoMc

Quote from: rrhf on June 15, 2014, 09:43:02 PM
Why did mc aliskey not take the last free..
Thought he showed his worth today.
Maybe McCrory or McNamee have his number in the in house games. Just my guess, and if so it would show a weakness in the selection policy.

blackball

Can anybody answer this question. When was the last good game Martin Penrose played for Tyrone? all he ever seems to do is commit fouls and run down blind alleys with his head down. Absolute joke that man is starting before Mc Aliskey, Coney, McGuigan, McKenna, lavery, McNeice etc, beyond belief that the Tyrone management cant see how poor he is. Stephen O'Neill should have  retired when he was still a decent player like some of his other team mates from the All ireland winning teams. He is clearly done at this level.

God14

Quote from: sam03/05 on June 15, 2014, 09:26:05 PM
PJ Lavery - never gets a kick all through the National League.. not a single game.
then we throw him into the last ten mins of our most important game of the season. I am not knocking him as I think he is a good player, but surely he should have got a few league games to find his feet.

Others who played through the league like Shea McGuigan get no game time at all.

You really have to scratch your head at some of the things going on regarding Tyrone at minute.

Agree. Its hard to believe this is the same manager. The strangest move of the year for me was leaving young rookie Barry Tierney on James O'Donoghue for so long down in Kerry. He got the mother of all roasting's on live TV. Harte drops him for the rest of the league yet rolls him when the serious stuff begins in (v Down the first day)
Team Selection, Tactics, Development of players - a lot to be desired.

The Trap

Please could someone (the Tyrone management) tell Sean Cavanagh to stay away from the media for a while.......he is quoted every day about one thing or another and culminated in him and Dick Clerkin having a love in on Sunday! Now which team did that suit better???? How about saying nothing for the next couple of months and concentrating on playing a bit of ball. The media attention has also adversely affected Niall Morgan. He could do with keeping his head down and doing the basics well.....then in a couple of years he might be the keeper he is capable of becoming!!
All aspects of the media is something that i dont think the present management are handling too well!!!

Redhand Santa

Sean Cavanagh had plenty to say in 03, 05 and 08 in the media and I don't remember it doing much harm to Tyrone. People in Tyrone are the hardest to listen to defeat and use it as an excuse to give out abuse all round to people who have did a lot for the county over the years.