Ulster Club SFC 2019

Started by oakleaflad, October 21, 2019, 10:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: t_mac on October 24, 2019, 03:29:59 PM
Quote from: topofthesoil on October 24, 2019, 03:27:50 PM
So no Tyrone club teams are allowed to train or play chsllenge matches for 2 months?

Stop looking for excuses - as I say, county football takes priorty in Tyrone.  Clubs need an uprising!!

Literally is exactly what im saying. Country players arent allowed near the clubs.

And i cut down the who previous conversation, was an eye sore scrolling down all the time.

Sure Tyrone county players aren't great what would they add.

Dirt?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

With the best footballers in the county joining the best club teams in Ulster and possibly Ireland (as someone mentioned  :D ) surely ta f**k they'd have a better record of winning senior? Or do they just save themselves for the junior and internediate championships and a run out at Croker?

I'm not buying it. I'l take that Tyrone is a competitive championship that's fine, some one mentioned the best championship, thats bollocks as it would follow on through to Ulster (you can't be the best for 4 games and forget how to play in the next 3, or one in most of Tyrone's appearances) Not having your county players available is more crap..

As someone mentioned the Ulster club has been up and running for years!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 24, 2019, 03:55:09 PM
With the best footballers in the county joining the best club teams in Ulster and possibly Ireland (as someone mentioned  :D ) surely ta f**k they'd have a better record of winning senior? Or do they just save themselves for the junior and internediate championships and a run out at Croker?

I'm not buying it. I'l take that Tyrone is a competitive championship that's fine, some one mentioned the best championship, thats bollocks as it would follow on through to Ulster (you can't be the best for 4 games and forget how to play in the next 3, or one in most of Tyrone's appearances) Not having your county players available is more crap..

As someone mentioned the Ulster club has been up and running for years!
We wont listen to this crap from a man who hasn't kicked a ball before. Trillick arent the best in Tyrone, but they will do well in Ulster the year. MDx

imtommygunn

You won it twice in 34 years then you haven't won it in 17 years so obviously it's since the county team became successful.

Though by that maths you are due one as it's 17 years on from the last one!

Honestly this is a case of trying to rationalise anything. Tyrone football on the whole is stronger - we get that - but their best club teams are not as good as the best in other ulster counties. Simple as that.

square_ball

County players play in all but 5 started league games. The Tyrone record is poor but it usually takes a good team to beat the Tyrone champions. Slaughtneil, Cross, Ballinderry over the years have just been better.

The argument over whether it's the best club championship in the whole wide world. Who cares? It's highly competitive, usually good quality and enjoyable autumn viewing for the neutral.

brokencrossbar1

This is a great annual debate....like the old 'who's the second best team in Armagh?' debate that raged for years till everyone realised it made no odds as we were just the best. Tyrone clubs are kinda like halfway houses between intermediate and senior. Not quite good enough to be senior but too strong for provincial intermediate. On a cumulative basis for junior intermediate and senior though Derry 1st, Armagh and Monaghan joint second and then Tyrone.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 24, 2019, 04:30:23 PM
This is a great annual debate....like the old 'who's the second best team in Armagh?' debate that raged for years till everyone realised it made no odds as we were just the best. Tyrone clubs are kinda like halfway houses between intermediate and senior. Not quite good enough to be senior but too strong for provincial intermediate. On a cumulative basis for junior intermediate and senior though Derry 1st, Armagh and Monaghan joint second and then Tyrone. St Galls

Fixed that  ;D ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: topofthesoil on October 24, 2019, 02:25:53 PM
Quote from: marty34 on October 24, 2019, 02:22:56 PM
Quote from: topofthesoil on October 24, 2019, 01:53:39 PM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 24, 2019, 09:42:13 AM
Quote from: marty34 on October 24, 2019, 09:38:26 AM
Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on October 24, 2019, 09:28:08 AM
Another genuine question for Angelo, do you think if Cross, Slaughtneil, Scotstown or Kilcoo were in the Tyrone championship they would be capable of winning it consecutively?

Can we end this waffle that the Tyrone club championship is quality and their teams are 'wrecked'  after playing in that, that they can't compete in Ulster?

Excuses!  Pure nonsense.

They get a 2 week break, at least, after they finish their county campaign so I don't know how they are burnt out.  They only play football - no hurling, so it's pure waffle.

Not good enough as their record in Ulster senior club states - end of story.
Correct, some teams that come out of Tyrone aren't good enough. This is because the best team doesn't win it every year like what happens in every other county

Excellent point, thats the truth. For a prime example look at this years winners.

What ???- the best team doesn't win the championship???

Correct, nice of you to finally catch up.

Explain to me how the "best" team doesn't win the chsmpionship?

marty34

Another genuine question for Angelo, do you think if Cross, Slaughtneil, Scotstown or Kilcoo were in the Tyrone championship they would be capable of winning it consecutively?

Can we end this waffle that the Tyrone club championship is quality and their teams are 'wrecked'  after playing in that, that they can't compete in Ulster?

Excuses!  Pure nonsense.

They get a 2 week break, at least, after they finish their county campaign so I don't know how they are burnt out.  They only play football - no hurling, so it's pure waffle.

Correct, some teams that come out of Tyrone aren't good enough. This is because the best team doesn't win it every year like what happens in every other county

Excellent point, thats the truth. For a prime example look at this years winners.

The only people that need to catch up is...senior Tyrone clubs on Ulster's Roll of Honour!!!

Pearse Blue

Quote from: marty34 on October 24, 2019, 05:28:12 PM

Excuses!  Pure nonsense.

Explain to me how the "best" team doesn't win the chsmpionship?
Because the championship is too open, whens the last time a tyrone team won the championship and the league in the same year?

Angelo

Quote from: marty34 on October 24, 2019, 11:32:34 AM
Quote from: oakleaflad on October 24, 2019, 10:39:45 AM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 24, 2019, 10:31:45 AM
Quote from: oakleaflad on October 24, 2019, 10:20:59 AM
Quote from: Angelo on October 24, 2019, 10:08:01 AM
Quote from: marty34 on October 24, 2019, 09:58:39 AM
Not senior obviously, but I checked out the winners in the St. Paul's Minour Tournament in Belfast.
At the top:
Derry - 16 winners
Tyrone - 4 winners
Antrim - 3 winners
Armagh - 3 winners
Donegal - 3 winners
Fermanagh - 2 winners
Cavan - 1 winner
Monaghan - 1 winner

Tyrone have serious underage talent but getting into Ulster club, whatever age group, they, for whatever reason, don't do it.

Tyrone is a meritocracy, there is no super club, it's highly competitive, we have by far the best success rate in junior and intermediate in the past decade and you have a case like Trillick a few years back who lost an intermediate final and won the senior championship the subsequent season and narrowly lost out to Scotstown in Ulster.

There are 6 or 7 senior clubs who would go into the Ulster Championship and be more than capable of holding their own, I don't think any other county in Ulster would be capable of that now.
I think the top 6 or 7 in Derry are stronger than the top 6 or 7 in Tyrone.
Not a chance
Any logic to go with that? Derry have been much more successful in any possible Ulster competition. Ulster club championship speaks for itself. Even the pre-season Ulster league has been won by Derry teams more than any other county. Tyrone folk seem to think their club sides are much stronger at senior level than they are.

Tyrone people are delusional about the quality of their championship - when they go into Ulster, they are found out. It's competitive as they are 4 or 5 teams at the same level but that's different re: quality of team.

5 or 6 different teams have won Cavan championship this past 10 years -doesn't mean they're brill as when in Ulster club championship, they don't succeed.

My take on it is Tyrone people are more county based - they love the county football.

How do they get found out? If you look back at things since I think 2004 or 2005, only 5 clubs have won Ulster titles and with the exception of Gweedore, all those winners dominated their county title for a number of years and quite comfortably put together back to back titles. Kilcoo and Scotstown also came very close to winning Ulster titles but fell marginally short, they too dominated their county Championships.

As I said there is no super club in Tyrone but we easily have 6 or 7 clubs who won't look out of place at provincial level. It's not as if Tyrone clubs are falling at the first hurdle every year.

Ulster looks a bit more open this year without the likes of regular kingpins like Scotstown and Slaughtneil.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

There's also no backdoor in the Tyrone Championship, so you don't get any second chance from an off day like you do in other county championships.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Keyser soze

In the last 20 years 8 different Derry clubs have won the Senior championship, how many different Tyrone clubs have won their SFC in that time?

oakleaflad

Quote from: Angelo on October 25, 2019, 09:28:24 AM
Not senior obviously, but I checked out the winners in the St. Paul's Minour Tournament in Belfast.
At the top:
Derry - 16 winners
Tyrone - 4 winners
Antrim - 3 winners
Armagh - 3 winners
Donegal - 3 winners
Fermanagh - 2 winners
Cavan - 1 winner
Monaghan - 1 winner

Tyrone have serious underage talent but getting into Ulster club, whatever age group, they, for whatever reason, don't do it.

Tyrone is a meritocracy, there is no super club, it's highly competitive, we have by far the best success rate in junior and intermediate in the past decade and you have a case like Trillick a few years back who lost an intermediate final and won the senior championship the subsequent season and narrowly lost out to Scotstown in Ulster.

There are 6 or 7 senior clubs who would go into the Ulster Championship and be more than capable of holding their own, I don't think any other county in Ulster would be capable of that now.
Not a chance
Any logic to go with that? Derry have been much more successful in any possible Ulster competition. Ulster club championship speaks for itself. Even the pre-season Ulster league has been won by Derry teams more than any other county. Tyrone folk seem to think their club sides are much stronger at senior level than they are.

Tyrone people are delusional about the quality of their championship - when they go into Ulster, they are found out. It's competitive as they are 4 or 5 teams at the same level but that's different re: quality of team.

5 or 6 different teams have won Cavan championship this past 10 years -doesn't mean they're brill as when in Ulster club championship, they don't succeed.

My take on it is Tyrone people are more county based - they love the county football.

How do they get found out? If you look back at things since I think 2004 or 2005, only 5 clubs have won Ulster titles and with the exception of Gweedore, all those winners dominated their county title for a number of years and quite comfortably put together back to back titles. Kilcoo and Scotstown also came very close to winning Ulster titles but fell marginally short, they too dominated their county Championships.

As I said there is no super club in Tyrone but we easily have 6 or 7 clubs who won't look out of place at provincial level. It's not as if Tyrone clubs are falling at the first hurdle every year.

Ulster looks a bit more open this year without the likes of regular kingpins like Scotstown and Slaughtneil.
To suggest Slaughtneil were strolling through Derry is just nonsense. They won because they were the best team but some of their Derry championship games were tougher than some of the Ulster club games.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: oakleaflad on October 25, 2019, 09:48:14 AM
Quote from: Angelo on October 25, 2019, 09:28:24 AM
At the top:
Derry - 16 winners
Tyrone - 4 winners
Antrim - 3 winners
Armagh - 3 winners
Donegal - 3 winners
Fermanagh - 2 winners
Cavan - 1 winner
Monaghan - 1 winner

Not a chance

To suggest Slaughtneil were strolling through Derry is just nonsense. They won because they were the best team but some of their Derry championship games were tougher than some of the Ulster club games.
Awk oakleaf wise up they strolled through it, yes it was because they were an exceptional team but they still walked through it