Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on April 16, 2024, 11:58:01 AMSpeaking of Dele Ali, has there ever been a worse guest on Monday Night Football on Sky, Carragher trying his upmost to involve him asking him questions and setting him up with lines but still couldn't get anything out of him.

Personal highlight was when he was doing the analysis of the Arsenal game and he kept having to ask the score in the game  ;D

I would be hoping he wasn't relying on a media career.

I'd say its grand having a chat with your mates about football, completely different when there's a mic shoved in your face and knowing there would be millions watching lol!

In fairness I think for him he hasn't actually done any research on anything lol.. He'd no idea about certain games and seems as if he doesn't watch that many either.

Jamie is completely clued in and a veteran of doing this, the professionals make it look easy
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 16, 2024, 12:06:30 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on April 16, 2024, 11:58:01 AMSpeaking of Dele Ali, has there ever been a worse guest on Monday Night Football on Sky, Carragher trying his upmost to involve him asking him questions and setting him up with lines but still couldn't get anything out of him.

Personal highlight was when he was doing the analysis of the Arsenal game and he kept having to ask the score in the game  ;D

I'd say its grand having a chat with your mates about football, completely different when there's a mic shoved in your face and knowing there would be millions watching lol!

In fairness I think for him he hasn't actually done any research on anything lol.. He'd no idea about certain games and seems as if he doesn't watch that many either.

Jamie is completely clued in and a veteran of doing this, the professionals make it look easy

I'd expect as bare minimum to know the score in the game  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on April 16, 2024, 12:30:42 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 16, 2024, 12:06:30 PM

I'd expect as bare minimum to know the score in the game  ;D

That many goals going in I lost count
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Scarlet

Am I getting ahead of myself here but if United get their arse in gear they could do some damage next year...

Liverpool are done. Klopp is a Fergie type whose personality papered over cracks. Salah will go to Saudi or USA. A lot of their team has serious miles in the legs.

City can only buy so many lads, and if KDB is getting injured more often. They also buy a lot of similar players bar Haaland.

If Arsenal buy a striker and don't run Saka into the ground they have a young central defence and midfield who will grow.

This season is there ANY hope that City could wobble. That was a fairly draining Champions League defeat...
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

NAG1

Say it quietly around the Reds on here, but if Klopp goes this season without winning the title will his tenure be deemed as an underachievement?

After all they have been the best team in the world since he took over  ;)

Granted they ran into a City team in their prime, but one Covid EPL title seems to be underwhelming.

Unpopular opinion I'm guessing.

thewobbler

Quote from: NAG1 on April 19, 2024, 11:01:36 AMSay it quietly around the Reds on here, but if Klopp goes this season without winning the title will his tenure be deemed as an underachievement?

Granted they ran into a City team in their prime, but one Covid EPL title seems to be underwhelming.

I think you could measure a lot about how shallow and needy someone is by their response to this.

If half a dozen trophies, and another half a dozen near misses, in less than a decade, is not enough to keep you sated as a football fan, then I'd suggest: it's actually not competition that you want to see, it's meaningless processions.

Milltown Row2

Klopp was a huge success and took a very under achieving Liverpool to a title and many cups.

His style and way he handled the press was refreshing and the PL will missing a huge character and be worse for it.

God help whoever comes in and replaces him, they'll be on to a hiding to nothing if history is to repeat itself and thats not using Fergie's example, bar Bayern its replicated in most big clubs when a huge personality leaves, though the likes of Madrid get rid fairly quick of managers that don't bring immediate success.

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 19, 2024, 11:41:47 AMKlopp was a huge success and took a very under achieving Liverpool to a title and many cups.

His style and way he handled the press was refreshing and the PL will missing a huge character and be worse for it.

God help whoever comes in and replaces him, they'll be on to a hiding to nothing if history is to repeat itself and thats not using Fergie's example, bar Bayern its replicated in most big clubs when a huge personality leaves, though the likes of Madrid get rid fairly quick of managers that don't bring immediate success.

Ah here, Liverpool aren't like any other club, they stick by their manager no matter what.

5times5times

Quote from: johnnycool on April 19, 2024, 11:46:18 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 19, 2024, 11:41:47 AMKlopp was a huge success and took a very under achieving Liverpool to a title and many cups.

Ah here, Liverpool aren't like any other club, they stick by their manager no matter what.

Didn't Liverpool have 4 managers between 2010-2015???

From the Bunker

Quote from: 5times5times on April 19, 2024, 12:25:09 PMDidn't Liverpool have 4 managers between 2010-2015???

They had 3 Managers Roy Hodgson, Kenny Dalgish and Brendan Rodgers.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 19, 2024, 03:24:52 PM
Quote from: 5times5times on April 19, 2024, 12:25:09 PMDidn't Liverpool have 4 managers between 2010-2015???

They had 3 Managers Roy Hodgson, Kenny Dalgish and Brendan Rodgers.
You forgot Rafa for part of 2010.

J70

Quote from: NAG1 on April 19, 2024, 11:01:36 AMSay it quietly around the Reds on here, but if Klopp goes this season without winning the title will his tenure be deemed as an underachievement?

One of Liverpool's greatest managers, end of story.

Without him, City would be heading for seven in a row. No one else has even run Pep close, never mind taken him to the final day. Plus, three CL final appearances, one won.

Underwhelming me arse.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on April 19, 2024, 06:19:18 PM

Without him, City would be heading for seven in a row. No one else has even run Pep close, never mind taken him to the final day. Plus, three CL final appearances, one won.

Underwhelming me arse.

Leicester not win won during pep's time?

imtommygunn

I honestly think he's one of Liverpool's best ever managers. he was just unfortunate with that city team and quite frankly when you look at the resource difference I think anyone competing with them is a massive thing.

Mourne Red

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 19, 2024, 06:23:39 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 19, 2024, 06:19:18 PM

Underwhelming me arse.

Leicester not win won during pep's time?

Pep joined City year after.. Conte (Pep's 1st Season) and Klopp only managers to beat City to the title