Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Any covid dead teachers yet?   I suppose I could just ask some secondary school kids, how many coffins have they drawn on the back of their copy book.

restorepride

Quote from: Main Street on January 11, 2021, 09:58:38 PM
Any covid dead teachers yet?   I suppose I could just ask some secondary school kids, how many coffins have they drawn on the back of their copy book.
Does it not matter about the Primary School  'covid dead teachers'?

Itchy

Quote from: Main Street on January 11, 2021, 09:58:38 PM

Stats provided by teachers unions show that 90% of fatalities are teachers and they make up 75% of all icu patients. There will therefore be a massive shortage of trained teachers in the future which will almost certainly mean that education standards will increase as parents working part time teaching are statistically 47% better educators than trained teachers.

JimStynes

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on January 11, 2021, 10:48:58 PM
Not be long to half term

Staying local or a wee getaway? So places still not on the list..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 11, 2021, 10:51:27 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on January 11, 2021, 10:48:58 PM
Not be long to half term

Staying local or a wee getaway? So places still not on the list..

Heading to Dubai

marty34

Many pupils in schools who 'shouldn't' be in i.e. pupils whose parents aren't front line workers etc.?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on January 12, 2021, 08:32:14 PM
Many pupils in schools who 'shouldn't' be in i.e. pupils whose parents aren't front line workers etc.?

I'd say in Belfast there seems to be plenty office workers in, I suppose anything is better than teaching your kids and working
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2021, 08:35:36 PM

I'd say in Belfast there seems to be plenty office workers in, I suppose anything is better than teaching your kids and working

Is that defeating the purpose?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

The definition of front line workers is the problem. Many people are being required to be at work but not classed key workers.

In many ways we should look to that so called "Government of the Right" in the Free State.

They have agreed to make pandemic payments to parents who cant attend work due to childcare duties during this period, also slightly off point but isn't it great how they nationalised the private hospitals but we haven't managed to up here.

Damn West Brit, Free State, Capitalist Gombeens

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on January 12, 2021, 08:37:02 PM

Well the complaint from lots of parents is it's harder to teach their kids and work at home, so going to work and sending kids to school is easier..

Where as March Belfast was empty only for the drunks!!

I think the rule was work from home if you can

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2021, 08:43:34 PM

Well the complaint from lots of parents is it's harder to teach their kids and work at home, so going to work and sending kids to school is easier..

One of the big issues this time genuinely is the fear of management singling out people at a later stage who took the option to work at home or even in some cases people might be rendered as "surplus to demand" after extended absence. Some work environments are toxic. Its a rat race

marty34

Just teacher was saying to me a lot of pupils in this time...whose parents are not frontline workers.

Conversely, she said she knew of doctors who kept their kids at home.

Do schools just take everybody who turns up or what's the story there?

marty34

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 12, 2021, 08:49:03 PM

One of the big issues this time genuinely is the fear of management singling out people at a later stage who took the option to work at home or even in some cases people might be rendered as "surplus to demand" after extended absence. Some work environments are toxic. Its a rat race

Wouldn't that be against the law?

You'd certainly have a case there.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: marty34 on January 12, 2021, 09:09:01 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 12, 2021, 08:49:03 PM

Wouldn't that be against the law?

You'd certainly have a case there.

Yes on both.

But if some employers are offering the option to work at home , the arse falls out of it, fear sets in and next thing everyone is in the office, really thats how it works in a lot of places, especially in a time where the economy is under threat.

We have virtually nobody working from home atm, sites both sides of border, cant get a parking space in the morning, 1500 workers