Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on June 23, 2019, 10:15:58 PM
So we send Lenny & management packing and we get on the phone to Malachy O'Rourke and bring a few back from Cargin and St Galls or we sit tight with current set up and hope they build on this season and bring back the pride?

Look we could spend thousands on a management team with all the extras but still perform the same way.

Well done to all involved on that panel your commitment can't be faulted
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gold

Quote from: Spike on June 23, 2019, 06:04:02 PM
Perhaps Loughery is one of the few antrim footballers to do what is necessary is get the physique of a modern intercounty player.   All these spoofers and apologists on here denying whats right in front of them - there is NO excuse why antrim's footballers do not have the physique of a div 1 footballer. None whatsoever. Anyone saying different is someone used to taking the easy road through life.  Its feckin hard and takes sacrifices - thats why antrim arent at it.   Antrim dont appear (happy to be proved wrong) to have the talent / ability of a div 1 team but they should at least have the physicality.  Fecks sake there is enough information available to do it.   

Antrim's problem appears to be attitude, exacerbated by pisspoor  managers and 'quick fix' supporters and county admins.

Loughrey was a freak athlete by our standards prior to he even doing the weights and bulking up. His commitment was 2nd to none prior to be going to Cork to get married. He was our best player bar none...breaking the gain line, punching holes in the opposition backline and laying off to the scorers. Massive loss

We could do with a top manager to get the buy in from all players. Clare have got to Div 2. They stayed there for a year and have improved. If they can we can..we have to aim high and stop being negative. We got there 10 yrs ago, beat Meath but went down.
In our biggest games in the qualifiers around then we had our captain etc not play due to pre booked holidays. That didnt help us kicking on
We need serious buy in if we are to have any chance. We can do it
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

whatwillbwillb

Was at Aghagallon v L Dhearg last night, I could go off on a rant and say this and that and feed the trolls and upset MR2 but all I will say is that PH who was allegedly suspended by his own committee on advice of CCC due to numerous complaints in the past, should not have been allowed back period!

His connections to the LD club via family and chair of refs committee from the club he should never have been appointed (spectators opinions not mine) throughout the game. That's the local clubs argument no doubt.

I really do hope this game is on video, players and managers reacted and that's their problem but if they look at the video and the refs performance in relation to decision making then I would say they would have to hold their hands up!  Refs have a duty of care like everyone and last night was an example to all in relation to complete ignorance of this and created such a volatile situation which could have turned really serious but for a few level headed people on both sides.

Pity big AMcC (eyes and ears top accessor) wasn't at this oh that's right he doesn't go to LD games he just reports on everyone else .   

Gold

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on June 29, 2019, 07:20:01 AM
Was at Aghagallon v L Dhearg last night, I could go off on a rant and say this and that and feed the trolls and upset MR2 but all I will say is that PH who was allegedly suspended by his own committee on advice of CCC due to numerous complaints in the past, should not have been allowed back period!

His connections to the LD club via family and chair of refs committee from the club he should never have been appointed (spectators opinions not mine) throughout the game. That's the local clubs argument no doubt.

I really do hope this game is on video, players and managers reacted and that's their problem but if they look at the video and the refs performance in relation to decision making then I would say they would have to hold their hands up!  Refs have a duty of care like everyone and last night was an example to all in relation to complete ignorance of this and created such a volatile situation which could have turned really serious but for a few level headed people on both sides.

Pity big AMcC (eyes and ears top accessor) wasn't at this oh that's right he doesn't go to LD games he just reports on everyone else .

What went down?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

quit yo jibbajabba

JimStynes

Quote from: Gold on June 29, 2019, 09:41:05 AM

What went down?

Aghagallon were rabbed

paddyjohn

A bit of debate over the final score in the Ballymena M'Glass game to. Ballymena and reporters had Ballymena winning the game by a point and ref had it a draw.

PH is a shocking ref, shouldn't be allowed to put a whistle to his mouth unless it's calling his dog back.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Gold on June 29, 2019, 09:41:05 AM

What went down?
From what I hear an Aghagallon sub entered the pitch and a melee started after a heavy LD challenge and the Aghagallon crowd jostled the ref when he left the pitch at the end and there were fears for his safety - bad craic. Heard ref was poor too but obviously no excuse for being jostled by a crowd

delgany

Ref  is n't a good advertisement for the role on the field.
Give respect  - get respect  isn't part of his vocabulary .
He gives zero respect ,  is vulgar and ignorant to everyone on the pitch. Thinks his comebacks are funny !  Isnt fully aware of some of the rules.  I'm surprised it has taken this long to come to the fore. He isnt fit to wear the shirt!

breakingball

Quote from: hardstation on June 29, 2019, 10:13:12 AM
Wow, I'm just thankful you didn't go off on a rant.

😂😂😂

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: paddyjohn on June 29, 2019, 11:17:16 AM
A bit of debate over the final score in the Ballymena M'Glass game to. Ballymena and reporters had Ballymena winning the game by a point and ref had it a draw.

PH is a shocking ref, shouldn't be allowed to put a whistle to his mouth unless it's calling his dog back.

Heard it was a bit of a hash at the end of it.

Happened us in Lisburn the other week. We were winning at a stage by a point but the ref had it 2 points to the other team. The Lisburn bench even laughed when he shouted out the score at that point. Thank fully we ended up winning by a point but we should of won by 2 points.

Ref admitted at the end he realised that he had it wrong when he heard their bench laughing.
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 30, 2019, 07:23:00 PM

Happened us in Lisburn the other week. We were winning at a stage by a point but the ref had it 2 points to the other team. The Lisburn bench even laughed when he shouted out the score at that point. Thank fully we ended up winning by a point but we should of won by 2 points.

Ref admitted at the end he realised that he had it wrong when he heard their bench laughing.

Was there not a saga last year involving Glenravel and Antrim Town? The afore mentioned Mr Hughes was the man in charge that day.

Na Glinntí Glasa

interesting rematch on wednesday night with Moneyglass playing Ballymena again after the drawn/wasnt drawn game on friday night.

If moneyglass can get a result you would have to fancy them to take the second spot in D2.

we have a crappy run now of 4 away games and 1 at home but thats the joys of having already played at home to the other teams earlier.
hurl like f**k boi!

whatwillbwillb

Quote from: paddyjohn on June 30, 2019, 08:20:15 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 30, 2019, 07:23:00 PM

Was there not a saga last year involving Glenravel and Antrim Town? The afore mentioned Mr Hughes was the man in charge that day.

He was and thus the reason he was put out to grass after a number of similar incidents that year

Last Man

None the less folks, he does not deserve a character assassination on here. Players often do worse and there's little spoke of it.